PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2ch radios w/rc for cubscouts

befu
03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Alright, in my 1/10 crackerbox thread I had mentioned that I am helping four of the boys in cubscouts build boats. I have already ordered the D2836-1700 mystery outrunners and 30a esc for them. Last week, we foamed the boat hulls with two part expanding foam. I should have video taped that, it was rather comical!

So, now we need radios. I think I might have one or two lined up already, but wanted to post a WTB add.

I need 2 channel radios that are simple but reliable. These will be for these 1/10 scale crackerboxes and will be run on a local pond by 8-10 year olds (and thier dad's! :rockon2:) These do not need to be high end radios! Just simple and reliable. I also need them to have the reciever and crystals with them, ready to use. A servo would be fine, but I have some $5 jobs from hobby king we can use also. ESC's have BEC.

So, anyone have any that they are willing to sell? :hug1: I need them to be reliable and $20 each delivered or less! We are building a 1/10 CB RTR with one or two lipo's and a simple lipo charger for under $90! Anything above that comes out of my pocket and I am already donating the hulls and making the drivetrain components.

Thank you!

Brian

BHChieftain
03-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I have an extra proboat am radio (stock radio for a fastech), PM me if you are interested in that,

-Chief

Jesse J
03-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Ya, I have an am or two kickin around I can fix you up with. I won't be able to get em ready for shipping until tomorrow. I will post back with what I have - was saving them for something exactly like this!!
J

sailr
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I have a boatload (pun intended) of 'em! I need to sit down and test each of them to make sure they are good. What is the total number of radios you need?

Karfrik
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I have couple in exc condition if need,let me know if you need them as i see many offers already ahead of me,.....Albert

befu
03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
OK, we are building 4 boats right now for cubscouts, so I could use that many. But, here is my thoughts on this.

What I am trying to do is create a group in our town to foster parent-child time while promoting a social activity and building technical skills. Wow! that sounded professional!

OK, I want a nice boat that a parent and child can work on together to promote family time. Something that the outlay will be under a $100. Not sure what to do if someone can not afford the $100 right now, but I will work on that one as I go if needed.

We can get together informally as a group and have some fun races with kids and or parents. Again, family time. Social activity. Nothing teaches you to maintain a boat like trying to race it. It will promote winning while letting others fail and lose. Not bad here, we need to teach our children (and some parents) that we do not always win, but we can have fun and learn.

Building a boat and running it will lead to maintenance. This will help them learn a little bit of technology. Not going to turn them into rocket scientist, but it is a start. Get them away from video games and such. Might get them into other aspects of RC hobbies also. I figure get them hooked on a cheap RC crackerbox, next step is a 2 meter HPR with turbines!!!!!:banana: Ok, maybe a leap there. I have my other boats there to interest them further also, plus the RC heli's and cars.

So, the short of it at the end of a long answer :doh:

I need up to four radios right now, may have a use for more in the future if my idea works.

Eodman
03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey Brian - my son is working on his Eagle Scout project .... so I should have 1 maybe 2 am radios you can have for free. Hell I even ship them N/C

On another note - let me know if a father/son team needs help with the $100!

teach
03-12-2010, 04:06 PM
I too have an AM radio/receiver you can have.

befu
03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
OK, I looked at my radios and I know I have a 70 and 72 I will be using. So wondering if people can post or PM me with what they have. Brand or what it is from, a channel and what the cost will be shipped to Indiana, zip 46725 (columbia City).

I will send out some PM's tomorrow as reminders to those that also posted.

I know we are all busy!

Thank you.

Brian

befu
03-17-2010, 09:00 AM
PM's sent out to all. Thank you all for replying. Can't wait to see how this goes and if this little building project takes off.

Brian