PDA

View Full Version : Breakthrough CAD Design

2vdave
03-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is David Moyle, on here I'm known as 2vdave. I'm based in Melbourne, Australia.
I'm a keen model boater, I work as a designer in the aerospace industry, and have recently decided to take the plunge and start up my own business: "Breakthrough CAD Design".

If you've ever had any brilliant ideas for a design or product, but haven't had the means to take it any further, that's where I can step in. From the simplest of parts to the most complex hull design, hardware component and beyond, I can help you with it all. For the business I'm using Alibre Design 3D V12, which has full 3d model and 2d drawing capabilities. I can also realistically render your CAD model, using a program called HyperShot. This is great, as it is like creating a virtual prototype, before any material is ever cut!

No job is too big or small. I can digitise your old 2D drawings. I can reverse engineer your old part into CAD form. I can take your idea right through to production. I can help you design graphics and logos too. If you have an idea, give me a call or shoot me an email and we can discuss the possibilities. My rates are very reasonable.

I look forward to working with you!

David Moyle
Breakthrough CAD Design
david@breakthroughcad.com.au
www.breakthroughcad.com.au
+61 438 954 250

2vdave
06-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I now have my website up and running. Please feel free to take a look, at your convenience, and let me know if I can help you with your project in any way, shape or form! :cool2:
Best regards,
David

www.breakthroughcad.com.au

Xfactor
06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Nice to meet you my friend . Welcome.

2vdave
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice to meet you my friend . Welcome.

Thanks Xfactor! It's great to be on board! :thumbup:

Efis
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
What kind of stuff do you design for the aerospace industry? I might have had the pleasure of using something you designed? Anything for Boeing, Learjet, prop jobs, jets?

Just thought a "nice job" may be in order....you never know.

Blake

2vdave
06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
What kind of stuff do you design for the aerospace industry? I might have had the pleasure of using something you designed? Anything for Boeing, Learjet, prop jobs, jets?

Just thought a "nice job" may be in order....you never know.

Blake

Mostly structural components, spent 3 years working on the JSF for Lockheed Martin, others include Airbus, Boeing, Australian Defence work etc. So mostly military work. Are you a commercial pilot Blake?

Peregrine
07-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Hey, Are you still around? Still looking for projects? I have an idea for a build I would like to do. It is of an existing boat of which all I have is photos. Is it possible?

2vdave
07-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey Peregrine, yes I'm still around. It certainly is possible, but... I've been down that exact route with a member on here. Quote was accepted, small deposit received, completed many many hours of CAD design, invested $350 and got the full laser cut kit, member was positive and enthusiastic right up until it came time to pay for the kit so it could be posted, then silence, nothing at all...... And trepanned23 has not been active on here since that time!
I hope you can understand my reluctance for such a project, but feel free to PM me with the boat you have in mind, and I may at least be able to guide you in the right direction.
Thanks for the inquiry,
Dave

Peregrine
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
PM sent.

It sucks that someone would do that to you. If the item was far enough to be in a kit, why not post it here and see if someone else would be interested? You could maybe recoup most of your investment.

wingnut
07-02-2011, 03:11 PM
ya what he said. :thumbup:

Basstronics
08-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Heya,

I got an .igs file I need to get converted to a .stp or .step file type format.

Just a simple format change. I can bring the model into Inventor but its opaque and has yellow lines... Solidworks turns it into a big ball.

So Im in need of help.

2vdave
08-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi there,
Send it through to me at david@breakthroughcad.com.au, and I'll see what I can do. Hopefully it shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks,
David