PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Submarine

BIGDG357
03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Just messing around and happened to catch a little submarine action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCRYR7AYo0w

westbeach
03-08-2010, 07:58 PM
That was cool the way the boat shot out ass first! :smile:

Xcesive8
03-08-2010, 08:04 PM
lol love when this happens :rockon2:

damfurst
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Now that's reverse!!!:rockon2:

tiqueman
03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Ohh thats one of those new Insta-sub reverse jet ESCs.... Nice!

Did you hit something to cause it to dive? I run my gas cat out in the bay (Avatar boat) and I always hit mullet and such and it will throw the boat for a loop. Wish I had a camera rolling when I caught one, the boat launched while running in a straight line and did a barrel roll. Landed wet side down and I got back on the gas. Unfortunately the rudder was kicked way up and I lost steering. LOL, then a little guy, probably 4 or 5 years old, was w/ his dad standiing near me and I hear him say, "daddy, tell him, um, tell him to make his boat do tricks again." Ahh, that was classic!

BIGDG357
03-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I think it just caught the perfect bounce I don't think it hit anything the rudder never moved.

BakedMopar
03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I had the happen to me a couple of times. The last one cracked my hatch and sunk my boat.

BIGDG357
03-13-2010, 05:44 PM
I had the happen to me a couple of times. The last one cracked my hatch and sunk my boat.

Thats the reason I pack the front deck with flotation (pool noodles). I recently almost lost my supervee that I had not put noodles in yet. I just barely made it to the boat it was goin down fast

BakedMopar
03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Well tecnically it didn't sink to the bottom as all my boats have floatation but with only 5" of boat sticking out the water it's sunken in my book. Luckly the only thing that wasn't salvagable was the esc. Eveything elese got washed with fresh water and dried and are working fine now. Still sucks.

MLJones8
04-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Nice boat, and cool vid!

This happened to my SV yesterday.... It was under water for a good 3-5 seconds then popped up like your boat.

What normally causes this? My boat definitely doesn't run wet, and it was very windy... I guess just the right wave?

After I got home I noticed my rudder was tilted back a bit... maybe I hit a fish/tree?