PDA

View Full Version : It's about time BBY carbon fiber 1/8 scale

hydromaddicted
03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I've had this boat going on for what seems like an eternity sometimes life just gets in the way of these things.But finally now it's time to build her up:bounce:I told Randy I would start posting pictures of the build so hear they come.

Starting weight of the Hull is around 2lbs bare.I will see how much she gains from carbon tube reinforcement then bondo, primer and paint although Randy said it will need some lead in the sponsons when finished because the layup and ending weight will be very light.

As you can see so far I've collected a 2280/11 Micro 36/150 esc and 5s2p to be used as 10s1p. I just need to make a rear motor brace for the motor and I'll have everything I need.I can't wait to get her running:w00t:

I've sanded the outside up to prep her for some bondo to get her nice and smooth for primer and paint.I'm planning on one of three paint scheme's Miss Thousand Trails,Miss Prodelco or Miss Bud Light 1982.

more pics/details to follow.

James

K.R.Joye
03-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Looks like a great project!

Got a link for that esc?

hydromaddicted
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Ken, it's just an old BK controller I've had for years and never used. I figured I'd use it till it achieves paperweight status then buy one I can get customer service on;-)

James

RandyatBBY
03-07-2010, 12:42 PM
You will need to go with 2P to run this beast it is a little safer. Glad to see you are getting around to this boat I like the boat you sent me the pictures of. I also have a new turn fin I use much better. it is on my Pro boat right now I need to build a few more for every one.

http://www.unlimitedsdetroit.com/images/LarryWilson/lw_%20038.jpg

cybercrxt
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Is this hull still available Randy? Do you have any other 1/8th scale hulls up your sleeve? Thanks, Mike Luszcz

RandyatBBY
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Is this hull still available Randy? Do you have any other 1/8th scale hulls up your sleeve? Thanks, Mike Luszcz

It is one of the boats that I build and is not on the site. I have a 1/8 shovel and this hull. I have three cowl for the pickel.

cybercrxt
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Randy, Is this the 74 Miss US? It doesnt look like any of the 7612 M hulls the above owner speaks of replicating this with. Please let me know! You have my #, give me a ring tonight if you get a chance, or I can call you. Mike

RandyatBBY
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Randy, Is this the 74 Miss US? It doesnt look like any of the 7612 M hulls the above owner speaks of replicating this with. Please let me know! You have my #, give me a ring tonight if you get a chance, or I can call you. Mike
I am not sure how scale James is going for... On the old Newton site it was covered what boats I will have to look.

I looked MHR and Newtons, the mold will make a lot of the hulls on the site #108 is the number for most of the ones it will cover. If your district Scale Chairman is real strict about Scale you need to adapt the hulls to the requirements. I am building a Speedy P with the hull that was a tribute to Trent Hare and I had to move the pickle back 1.5 inches and drop the deck 1/4 in the center. But at my races we never pull out the tape to check all the dimensions to scale the racer is on his word he did his best.

hydromaddicted
03-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Randy, correct me if I'm wrong but I remember this as Newton plan 108

http://www.newtonmarine.com/plans_results.php?keywords=108

It can be quite a few hulls with a different cowling.

RandyatBBY
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Randy, correct me if I'm wrong but I remember this is Newton plan 108

http://www.newtonmarine.com/plans_results.php?keywords=108

It can be quite a few hulls with a different cowling.

You are correct it can be many different boats.

It is good to look at the master hull roster for the size. I have it hear if you need help.

Brushless55
03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
cool build!

RandyatBBY
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Any progress?