PDA

View Full Version : New projects for Littlescreamers

Littlescreamers
03-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Well we have been busy and are now working with a new company to Demo and test our motors. First off they are all hand made here in the good O'L USA. They are all carbon and very light but strong. Over a year of testing just in the design of the hulls. I cannot tell you who there are yet but will be the first to shout it out when they say I can.

Here is a couple pics of the boats. The painted one is a 92" twin running 2 Littlescreamer 63mm Water jacketed Outrunners,

The Little all carbon one is 23" long and is being sent to me now.

I will keep you all updated with pics and video's soon

Thanks
Scott

ace028
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
wow, those look amazing! Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

j.m.
03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
I LOVE that little one...

ace028
03-04-2010, 11:56 AM
More PICS please!!!!!

K.R.Joye
03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Scott keep up the good work! Looking forward to progress reports on the big boats.

screwball
03-04-2010, 03:56 PM
23 on twin 380`s?

HYDROJERRY
03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
love that little one need to make that a mantel peice thow i think my wife would be against that,hehehe,,

justintime2w8
03-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Ok, to clarify on Scott's post: The 92" hull (2.33m) we are beginning to produce is Hanspeter Rotchi's Hull design (HPR). We have an agreement with Hanspeter to produce these in the US. Our goal is to build 10 of these monsters.
We have designed and built our own 24" Catamaran that is similar in style and dimensions to the 92" hull.
We really did not want to get people too hyped up until our videos and web site were finished. With that said we will release our website and videos soon. We just want to be able to fulfill demands for these hulls before promoting them.
Look for the announcement soon.

K.R.Joye
03-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Wow you guys are brave shipping 92" hulls over the pond(herd some nightmares regarding shipping large hulls).

Class 1 (on Jims RC boat dock ) builds XL HPR quality scale Cats here in Mi. May be a more economical solution. Be worth looking into for larger production runs. I would be happy to help.

Gerwin Brommer
03-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow, the little cat looks awesome !!!

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 09:54 AM
We build the 92" HPR hull in the US under permission. Thanks for the great comments.

JCAustralia
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow the carbon kevlar catamaran looks so sexy:banana::banana::banana: I am speechless.....

Are you planning to sell them also?

Cheers

JC

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Sell them? Oh yes, we are not so selfish as to keep all the fun for ourselves.

wakeboardfusion
03-05-2010, 01:34 PM
that 23" one is sweet!

JCAustralia
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I just melt at the sight of naked carbon- kevlar:sold:

Always hoped to get one of Hanspeter HPR06 hull and hardware but budgetwise its way above my limit.....

This little hull would be the perfect alternative.

I look forward to follow progress of those 2 projects. Which website can we go to for more info on those 2?

Cheers

JC

vvviivvv
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok, to clarify on Scott's post: The 92" hull (2.33m) we are beginning to produce is Hanspeter Rotchi's Hull design (HPR). We have an agreement with Hanspeter to produce these in the US. Our goal is to build 10 of these monsters.

so, is it exact same as Hanspeters or a near enough copy? going to use his hardware or your own?

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Exact same boat as to the hull, we just changed a few cosmetic items for our taste and to cater to the FE community. We have several things cooking on the hardware side. We want to offer a scale hardware set to match these scale hulls.

The 24" hardware and power systems are in the works as well, we are currently testing a few different ideas for performance and economy. As jerome888business just said the hpr 06 is an awesome boat but can run out people's budgets fast, I know I have had two, and I am tired of explaining to my wife that $3k is a good investment for one boat. These 24" hulls run awesome, are made with all space-age material, are portable, and can be built to go fast without leaving the hundreds.

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Here are a few more pics. Sorry for the poor lighting. Will post the site and videos soon....

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Here

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Here again

vvviivvv
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
im gettin a 233 or a C5008 might be interested... it will have to be something special because hanspeter's hulls are very nice, ive seen a c5008 and it was nice, well made (same with my 115) so if you can compete maybe put me down for a 92" but will be runnin 3080's as i just bought one

screwball
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
are you going to be doing a twin version of the 24"?

what are you expecting price wise for just the hull and maybe hull with hardware?

Rumdog
03-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I believe I will be needing one of the 24" hulls! Where do I sighn up?

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Prices will be figured soon and yes we would like to offer a hardware option for twins and single drive versions.
Twins are awesome and are not cost prohibitive.
This picture is of one test boat with just cheap motors, even those pushed it great, we hope to run it with the little screamers soon, should have it together this weekend.

westbeach
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Keep it to twins only, nothing like seeing a really nice cat and then realizing it is running on single drive is such a dissapointment. JMHO. :hide:

Prices will be figured soon and yes we would like to offer a hardware option for twins and single drive versions.
Twins are awesome and are not cost prohibitive.
This picture is of one test boat with just cheap motors, even those pushed it great, we hope to run it with the little screamers soon, should have it together this weekend.

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Totally agreed. Twins will be faster as well, and oh the sound too. It sounds awesome when it flies by. Single would be for simplicity and cost reasons, and obviously just an option for the consumer to decide.

screwball
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
yea, will you be offering it as a twin with just hull and hardware?

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Not sure yet, we will most likely do hull only, hull/hardware and possibly a rtr.

graill
03-05-2010, 08:54 PM
So when you doing a big mystic? in my choice of material and color? (grin)

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Great things are coming , eventually.
Due to wild demand, I will post our site and one video tomorrow, watch for it. I would do it now but I can't keep up with the questions as it is.

Jeepers
03-05-2010, 09:07 PM
those are nice! do you guys plan on building something in the 36" range? that I would love!

justintime2w8
03-05-2010, 09:10 PM
There are several things in the works, for now just the 24" and 92" will be produced. But I want to have a range of sizes eventually.

graill
03-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Due to wild demand, I will post our site and one video tomorrow, watch for it. I would do it now but I can't keep up with the questions as it is.

Welcome to the business world. Just make sure to keep us retired folks happy with pricing and quality or you will hear about it. :laugh:

johnf
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Very interested in this. Will be watching for prices!

tiqueman
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Very nice....

:drool: :popcorn2:

Ub Hauled
03-05-2010, 11:35 PM
There are several things in the works, for now just the 24" and 92" will be produced. But I want to have a range of sizes eventually.

I was wondering, how much room is there for the cells? A 24" Cat would be nice as an N2 and having a dual pack (specially for twins) would be nice... is there room inside for (2) 2s 5000mAH?

Alfa Spirit
03-05-2010, 11:58 PM
This small catamaran is very nice, congrats

Tunda
03-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I need one also i will be watching also.........

rawsonreyes
03-06-2010, 01:01 AM
good stuff great to see new hulls on this forum ,hope the prices are great have to get one rtr about 25.:bounce:

JCAustralia
03-06-2010, 07:09 AM
There is another guy who makes 92" catamaran for gas power in US:

http://www.classonerc.com

His hull I believe is also loosely based on the HPR Cat.......

Cheers

JC

Littlescreamers
03-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I am sure glad my little boat is being bagged right now! I think I am the first out of the circle to get one !With all of you wanting one he is going to be very busy making them. Don't worry I will post lots of pics of the build and for sure post some great videos. Bob and I are really excited about this project and will be making custom motors just for this size boat.

Scott

screwball
03-06-2010, 08:50 AM
nice!!

JCAustralia
03-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Can't wait to see the pics of the build:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

If the standard of the motor and build is anything like the hull I'm in FE heaven:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Good Luck

JC

illz302
03-06-2010, 12:22 PM

:popcorn2: Waiting patiently for that site..............:Praying:

j.m.
03-06-2010, 12:39 PM
So the first post shows the small cat with a carbon/kevlar top, and an all fiberglass bottom.

Later pics show the boat in full carbon/kevlar.

Are there different layup options available for cost effectiveness?

Jon

justintime2w8
03-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes, we have tested a few ideas to get the best layup, weight, and strength. We plan to use all carbon or carbon kevlar hybrid. We are looking at a production boat a little above a half pound.

Ok I have posted the site and video on a new thread in the New Products and Services section under
Radtek Powerboats.
Enjoy

westbeach
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Justine,

When you get a chance can you please post some pics of the H/W. Caught your vid of the little cat running. Just Awesome. Looks like it handles just like the bigger cats. Well done. :thumbup:

sailr
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
where did you see the vid?

Justine,

When you get a chance can you please post some pics of the H/W. Caught your vid of the little cat running. Just Awesome. Looks like it handles just like the bigger cats. Well done. :thumbup:

graill
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
There is another guy who makes 92" catamaran for gas power in US:

http://www.classonerc.com

His hull I believe is also loosely based on the HPR Cat.......

Cheers

JC

Not loosely, it was ripped directly from it many years ago.

The modified plug for this business (classonerc) has a very nasty history of which i know the nasty details, The short version. Tthe plug was taken from a copy of of Hanspeters big HPR. it was because of this copy many many years ago hanspeter would not sell to folks in the USA because of the ripoff, being overseas he couldnt do a whole lot.

I think i was one of, if not the first to get him to finally send me one after badgering him for months in late /early 05. (i may be wrong but i dont think i am)

The plug that is made from the ripoff has been modified so the folks at classonerc building it can say its not an HPR in any way.

I hate and detest people that ripoff others work for profit and give no credit or compensation.

Glad to hear you have Hanspeters blessing justine.

justintime2w8
03-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I totally agree, I have the utmost respect for Hans' quality and design. To sell his hull with out permission was not an option. That is why we got it months before thinking of bringing his 92" hull to the market. No chopped up copy of a copy of a copy, ours have sharp clean lines that people expect when spending a considerable sum on a hull. Our hull is 100% HPR except we removed the rear exhaust insets because most are being setup electro now, and it looks cleaner. This was after the prototype in our pictures. I will post pics of the official hull 1 when it is completed, sometime in the next week or two.

Batteries: on the 24", testing was done with 3s1p 2500mah 30c lipo = around 3 min run. This was with the cheapest motors on the planet and no prop work at all. (well, balanced of course).
Site
www.radtekpowerboats.com
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRrWrMTyAw

westbeach
03-07-2010, 10:40 AM
X2, I had read this somewhere about HPR and Classonerc. Not cool at all. I got slammed for ranting about a Asian vendor making knockoff H/W off from HPR'S design. I am glad that Justin is doing it right! :thumbup:

Not loosely, it was ripped directly from it many years ago.

The modified plug for this business (classonerc) has a very nasty history of which i know the nasty details, The short version. Tthe plug was taken from a copy of of Hanspeters big HPR. it was because of this copy many many years ago hanspeter would not sell to folks in the USA because of the ripoff, being overseas he couldnt do a whole lot.

I think i was one of, if not the first to get him to finally send me one after badgering him for months in late /early 05. (i may be wrong but i dont think i am)

The plug that is made from the ripoff has been modified so the folks at classonerc building it can say its not an HPR in any way.

I hate and detest people that ripoff others work for profit and give no credit or compensation.

Glad to hear you have Hanspeters blessing justine.

westbeach
03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Sailr, Sailr, Sailr, Do you even bother to read the whole thread?? It is in post # 46 at the bottom.

where did you see the vid?

Ok I have posted the site and video on a new thread in the New Products and Services section under
Radtek Powerboats.
Enjoy

Darin Jordan
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm just curious about whether these are intended for straightline racing, or aimed toward Offshore? Seems all the videos of this type of boat we see posted are drag-races, connected together with turns... Can these hulls corner at speed? The smaller one in the pics above looks REALLY narrow. Would love to see some pics with some cornering speed... BEAUTIFUL lines on these boats, and the glass-work looks amazing....

justintime2w8
03-07-2010, 03:11 PM
These are really made to resemble the full size boats, therefore they will be a narrower design. They do turn surprisingly well, I don't know if they would run in any of the classes. I will leave that to you to try.