PDA

View Full Version : New video of the P-1 !!

forescott
03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Venom has a new video of the 35-inch P-1 mono on their website. Video is of it running on one of their 3200mah 4S packs.

W4R0Wb0v4RE

Rumdog
03-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Looks good!

RCprince
03-03-2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4R0Wb0v4RE

RCprince
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
At stock, It looks like they may have this one right over the EKOS... speeds looks nice.

forescott
03-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I agree! Id like to know the stats on the motor though. KV-rating??:huh:

Jesse J
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
probably pretty low KV motor if only a 60amp esc? Hopefully not much over 1500

Chris Nicastro
03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Well here is where we are going one better and the EKOS will benefit as well. We are going to outrunners which means more reliable motors and better torque while lowering amps. The P1 in the video is running on a 4S 3200 pack and our 60A Marine ESC just to give you an idea and the motor is 2000KV. The running temps are very low, under 120F.
The hull is very stable and handles chop very well at speed. I didnt have a radar gun on it for speed that run though.
More to come!

illz302
03-04-2010, 07:25 PM
wow that video just reconfirms my lust for this boat!

Rumdog
03-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Does this mean outrunners in the ekos?

illz302
03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
can we get a video of it on 6s? Like you did with the EKOS when you did a video showing the different types of batteries.

Rumdog
03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
6s, not a good idea, at all!

Jeepers
03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
can we get a video of it on 6s? Like you did with the EKOS when you did a video showing the different types of batteries. what is it with you guys and wanting to throw more battery at every thing that comes along?
learn to tweak your set ups first, the speed will come! 4s is more than enough for that size of hull.

Jeepers
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Well here is where we are going one better and the EKOS will benefit as well. We are going to outrunners which means more reliable motors and better torque while lowering amps. The P1 in the video is running on a 4S 3200 pack and our 60A Marine ESC just to give you an idea and the motor is 2000KV. The running temps are very low, under 120F.
The hull is very stable and handles chop very well at speed. I didnt have a radar gun on it for speed that run though.
More to come!

thats a neat looking boat!

RCprince
03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
8 running pics from venom on radiocontrolzone http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showpost.php?p=2431236&postcount=24

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6418/p1v8.jpg

Ub Hauled
03-05-2010, 03:16 AM
what is it with you guys and wanting to throw more battery at every thing that comes along?
learn to tweak your set ups first, the speed will come! 4s is more than enough for that size of hull.

ditto

Doby
03-05-2010, 06:59 AM
They are the ones that will bitch when things go:flame42::flame42::flame42:

Also, notice in the vid that it says the controller can handle up to 6S.........nothing stated about the motors being able to take 6S.....I say that if you want to try 6S, don't complain to the manufacturer if things fail.

illz302
03-05-2010, 11:42 AM
what is it with you guys and wanting to throw more battery at every thing that comes along?

Or maybe I was just looking to have a 35 inch boat that is faster than my Velocity Cat:tongue_smilie: it sure didnt look faster on that 4s setup what is is with everyone being so critical of what other people want to do with their money why not just let them do what they want if everyone thought the same we would have 50 billion men chasing one woman and thats not good is it? :ThumbsDown01:

Chris Nicastro
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
There are some voices of reason after all! lol
Yes the ESC is rated to 6s, the OR motor 5S, the prop 4S and we suggest 3-4S. What you do with this info from this point is up to you. There is a special condition for using the 60A Marine ESC on 6S; you must use a seperate BEC.
Yes the EKOS will get dual OR motors soon. Both the P1 and C1 have a lot of power and performance potential in their stock forms. You can learn a lot just from props and CG adjustments before you go big on power.

wakeboardfusion
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Chris are you guys in hayden still or in rathdrum now? Im in spokane/cda. Would love to get with you guys sometime and see your boats in action. Looks like you are running them down in CDA at riverstone? I think thats the center name at least.

RCprince
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
This boat looks so good scale... I think I'll throw in the tactic radio and wireless receiver to do away with that antenna.

Jeepers
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Or maybe I was just looking to have a 35 inch boat that is faster than my Velocity Cat:tongue_smilie: it sure didnt look faster on that 4s setup what is is with everyone being so critical of what other people want to do with their money why not just let them do what they want if everyone thought the same we would have 50 billion men chasing one woman and thats not good is it? :ThumbsDown01:

do what you want!!! I would be willing to be that Venom tested this boat on other setups before arriving at this one to make it cost effective and not an all out $1000 dollar race boat. It was designed to look realistic not ballistic.

and that must be ONE HOT WOMAN:thumbup:

Rumdog
03-06-2010, 01:02 PM

It isn't being critical. It is trying to be helpful. You can learn from the experience of others, or choose the hard way. Like you said though, it's your money, so do what you want with it.

illz302
03-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I agree with you about learning it just looked a little on the slow side for my tastes but then again so is just about everything to me

Jeepers
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I agree with you about learning it just looked a little on the slow side for my tastes but then again so is just about everything to me

ahh your one of those guys!!!

"warp speed Mr. Scott":rockon2:

befu
03-06-2010, 08:25 PM
illz302
...if everyone thought the same we would have 50 billion men chasing one woman and thats not good is it?

and that must be ONE HOT WOMAN:thumbup:

Hmm, reminds me of engineering college!!!1

Actually, I like it. Good speed, jump waves, run in rough water and have the kids run it. Should be able to have a good run time and be able to use lower cost lipo's!

Scale: i do not like the enclosed cockpits on the v hulls. I want a 30" boat, a open cockpit with drivers, and I would like a steerable outdrive. I know that last one will cause some flames, but it is me.

Brian

BHChieftain
03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
What's the prognosis for replacement parts for this one?
-Chief

VIKOS
03-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I still think the C1 is a quicker faster boat with more potential..I'm sure they have gotten the whole losing flex shaft issues sorted out but once that is done with the C1 you really have a good boat..I wasn't impressed with the 4s lipo set up...ran good and looks like fun but maybe a better KV motor and ESC in the same price range as the C1 and you probably would have had an awesome single motor boat...

Brushless55
03-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I wonder what the speed was on 4s?

VIKOS
03-09-2010, 06:58 PM
this boat in a dual set up like the C1 would murder alot of other boats let alone upgrades or aftermarket ESC and motors on say 5S balanced would be very impressive. Looks like the hull can take some speed...I might buy this boat also if I can get my C1 set up nice and stop losing shafts then my money will be in parts not another boat lmao!!!

nate
03-13-2010, 09:50 AM
All this work on the boat and It doesn't include 2.4? Wow.

forescott
03-13-2010, 10:13 AM
this boat in a dual set up like the C1 would murder alot of other boats let alone upgrades or aftermarket ESC and motors on say 5S balanced would be very impressive. Looks like the hull can take some speed...I might buy this boat also if I can get my C1 set up nice and stop losing shafts then my money will be in parts not another boat lmao!!!

A dual brushless mono? That would be interesting. :thumbup:

Brushless55
03-13-2010, 10:39 AM
that's a good point Nate about the 2.4g radio

Rumdog
03-13-2010, 11:16 AM

Dual setups do not work in monos at all.

Brushless55
03-13-2010, 11:39 AM

Just buy the hull from the company they import from and drop in a big single of 5s for some big speeds

Rumdog
03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Is the KOS hull just a HOTR cat?

Brushless55
03-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Rumdog, I don't think it is..
I had a EKOS and it did not look like one to me

nate
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Also really Wish Venom had not taken there Excite hydro and basically copied the Vortex Hydro design.

IMO, People that want a Brushless ready hydro, are looking for (atleast) a 25" Hull...22" ...Really? WTF.

Venom would had touched my heart with a 4s 30-32" Brushless RTR Hydro.

I like building hulls, but also really enjoy building and modding the RTR's as well.

My $110 :popcorn2:

Rumdog
03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the exact same hull as the delta. IMO that hull rocks. I built one and though it's small, iy would easily outperform a ul-1. No chine walk at all super stable and FAST!!

nate
03-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Ahh, I have seen some that are fast....

In calm calm water...

Here, there's always wind and rough sea's lol

Brushless55
03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Also really Wish Venom had not taken there Excite hydro and basically copied the Vortex Hydro design.

IMO, People that want a Brushless ready hydro, are looking for (atleast) a 25" Hull...22" ...Really? WTF.

Venom would had touched my heart with a 4s 30-32" Brushless RTR Hydro.

I like building hulls, but also really enjoy building and modding the RTR's as well.

My $110 :popcorn2:

very possible it is the same hull and they put their name on it
from what I know they don't build much of anything, just relabel it

VIKOS
03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Well either way I run my boats in the ocean..mostly in harbor channel bays where the water is glassy all the time on normal days..and whale slick on no wind days...a lil bit harder to keep clean on metal parts but WD-40 mixed with fresh water thru the water cooling lines and johnsons/evinrude blue grease on all shafts works amazingly..to me thats the trut testing ground. Lakes are awesome but the ocean where most of the full size mono's and Cats run is almost sick...which is why I like the KOS's cause you can adjust the props to keep the bow up or down depending on the water conditions...

Chris Nicastro
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Chris are you guys in hayden still or in rathdrum now? Im in spokane/cda. Would love to get with you guys sometime and see your boats in action. Looks like you are running them down in CDA at riverstone? I think thats the center name at least.

We moved to Rathdrum into a larger facility. We do test out at that lake and just call it Lake Bardinay since thats the name of the restaurant there. Its actually a CDA city park and yes Riverstone is the name of the mall complex.
In the summer we plan to run boats there and try to organize something with the local hobby shop. We run electrics mostly, gas boats bug the restaurant.
We dont announce boat testing but if we are going to run for fun there I could shoot you an email.

Chris

wakeboardfusion
03-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Yeah, if you want pm me when you guys go out.

VIKOS
03-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Chris when those flex shafts coming in bro..tired of looking at my KOS on its stand on my dresser..she needs to get wet..the seals are gona dry rot if not lol....

Drag Boat Bob
03-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Chris when those flex shafts coming in bro..tired of looking at my KOS on its stand on my dresser..she needs to get wet..the seals are gona dry rot if not lol....

I believe Jeff Wohlt was gearing up to sell the EKOS flex shafts. Give him a pm.

Alexgar
03-20-2010, 07:28 PM
i would try it 6s, why temp us with a 6s esc if its not recomended.If i wanted to spend 350 on a 4s boat i would go to my local hobby store and buy a proboay or aquacraft so it wouldnt take 2 weeks to get parts. Plus proboat and aquacraft are reputable and have upgrades. Nothing against venom but they are necomers. By the way i was thinking about buying one. I have some boats that can use there electronics while i use the hardware and shell for a nue 6s setup.I seems to be a good starting point

Brushless55
03-21-2010, 01:09 AM
i would try it 6s, why temp us with a 6s esc if its not recomended.If i wanted to spend 350 on a 4s boat i would go to my local hobby store and buy a proboay or aquacraft so it wouldnt take 2 weeks to get parts. Plus proboat and aquacraft are reputable and have upgrades. Nothing against venom but they are necomers. By the way i was thinking about buying one. I have some boats that can use there electronics while i use the hardware and shell for a nue 6s setup.I seems to be a good starting point

Aquacraft has a new Cat coming out this year! :thumbup1:

Alexgar
03-21-2010, 01:25 AM
where can we see it

Brushless55
03-21-2010, 01:30 AM
where can we see it

Grim is still testing it..

VIKOS
03-21-2010, 06:58 PM
sweet maybe they will have parts ready when you need it then lol no but if venom would get on the ball with parts they would be golden...seems alot of people buy from them so why not get all those things ready anyways....owell we will see....

Brushless55
03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Aquacraft keeps extras all the time...

Alexgar
03-21-2010, 10:10 PM
ive got my lsh stocking my proboat stuuf after about a year of ordering products through them(same price they dont charge shipping)

VIKOS
03-22-2010, 02:40 AM
I believe Jeff Wohlt was gearing up to sell the EKOS flex shafts. Give him a pm.

Whats his screen name that would be awesome since I can't get mine any time soon...had a guy here that had some..come to find out his smallest boat was a 55 inch and his biggest boat was 88 inch's...I must say I felt small with my boat in that work shop lol but then again he runs those in the ocean or chop where it wouldn't really matter but electrics are better power to weight....either way I need to find some place that sells flex shafts in I think either 3mm or 4mm don't remember what it is...I'd even use two right shafts right now..don't see how that wouldn't still work personally...:confused2:

forescott
03-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Just got a $200 gift card to tower hobbies from my wife for my b-day. Put in my order for the P-1. Got it for $289 with $60 off on-line coupon. Stock status used to show mid-april but now says "on order". We'll see how long it takes.

Alexgar
03-25-2010, 07:51 PM
cant wait for you to get your p1 shoot some video.I want one but not until i see the quality and performance

forescott
03-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Whats his screen name that would be awesome since I can't get mine any time soon...had a guy here that had some..come to find out his smallest boat was a 55 inch and his biggest boat was 88 inch's...I must say I felt small with my boat in that work shop lol but then again he runs those in the ocean or chop where it wouldn't really matter but electrics are better power to weight....either way I need to find some place that sells flex shafts in I think either 3mm or 4mm don't remember what it is...I'd even use two right shafts right now..don't see how that wouldn't still work personally...:confused2:

I tried two same side shafts in order to run different props. It wouldnt even go straight. I got it up to 20mph on gps and brought it back in. It was too unstable.

VIKOS
03-26-2010, 12:56 AM
LOL sorry to say I have two right shafts in right now..trying to figure out how to get the left in with out getting caught in the tubing maybe some plastic tape but she runs great actually no problems what so ever just like it did with the right shafts in..my biggest concern is spare hex screws these are so small that they esily strip with light torque...might go to the hardware store and check for some...that would help alot..

forescott
03-26-2010, 06:01 PM
LOL sorry to say I have two right shafts in right now..trying to figure out how to get the left in with out getting caught in the tubing maybe some plastic tape but she runs great actually no problems what so ever just like it did with the right shafts in..my biggest concern is spare hex screws these are so small that they esily strip with light torque...might go to the hardware store and check for some...that would help alot..

I had same issue with set screws. Couldnt get them tight enough. Then they would strip. I bought some longer screws with a larger head at the hardware store. They used a slightly bigger allen wrench. Problem solved! If you use larger screws, be sure to switch both screws on each coupler to ensure you dont have any out-of-balance issues.

obrien
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Its pretty cool to see a model of the real boat that I helped rig. We made alot of changes to the boat for the second season of racing. Thats some pretty good detail on the entire boat.

tomstoys2
04-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Man I love the scale look of this thing!
:rofl:

forescott
04-30-2010, 12:24 AM
aaaw man!! I just checked towerhobbies. They pushed the stock status of the P-1 to late june! :frusty:

OshkoshMono
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Really? WTF? :thumbsdown::mad::ThumbsDown01: My boating buddy is waiting for his, so I guess I can take my time building my Titan. Venom....go figure. I hope he has better luck with this boat (if it ever shows up...) than I have had w/ venom batteries. My venom 3s 4000 is still ok, for now, knock on wood...
What do you guys think of the looks of this boat. I'm thinking it will be a straight line missle, but not turn so good...?