PDA

View Full Version : My Dust collector build,

Mono~Junkie
02-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Just finished this tonight. I was tired of always having to go outside to sand, or always using the vac, and worse off tired of that dust that seemed to linger for days after just doing a simple sanding on my boat work

~ Just thought I would post this if anyone else on here is tired of the endless dust ~

So I snooped around this place and came up with this.

( 2 ) 12 volt, 85 CFM box fans, "$20 each at the shack"
( 1 ) hepa grade furnace filter " $5 "
( 1 ) bulk sheet of coarse furnace filter " 5 "
( 1 ) Roll of duct tape " $4"
( 1 ) tupperware container " $9"

Other than the drilling I had to do on the lid, it only took about 2 hours of effort all together, So I turned it on and started to sand and my fingers were crossed, there was plenty of suction in the holes to pull down every bit of sand dust.

It's quiet as well.

I used brushless fans so when I get to painting , I can add walls to the back and side and hook the fans up to an exhuast flex tube and out the window for those quick yet brain cell killing taimes with the spray can....

Just another weekend with idle hand syndrome :tongue_smilie:

runzwithsizorz
02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Pretty neat, what are you using to power the 2, 12 volt fans? Better call the patent office in the morning, lol.

Mono~Junkie
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I have a 12 volt 3 amp power supply I use for tinkering with board level circuits. The ones that the shack sells that are 120V ac are less of a FPM air flow and alot louder not to mention heavier.

~~Better call the patent office in the morning~~

Trust me , wouldn't be the first time I woke up and looked online and said to myself, " Hmm, I remember building one of those years ago " haha That I don't mind after years of beating my head against the wall.....

It's my hull designs I don't show off till their molded :spy: