PDA

View Full Version : 42" MRP Fountain

MRotch
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

I have had this hull for about 7 years and recently took the hardware out of it because I wanted to swap all of the electronics and hardware from a donor SuperVee27 into it.

I am not looking to race, just chase my kid's SV around the lake and maybe eventually run a couple circles around them :)

I have been reading some of the posts here and am trying to decide if I should build this one up or just get a DF26 or DF33 and start with a new hull?

This one has a small chunk out of the corner that I can easily fix and I would probably strip the decals off it and paint it up. I planned on having to shave the subsurface drive off the bottom and epoxy a patch on it and then mount the SV hardware to make her a surface drive.

I really like the lines of the Fountain but is she realistically gonna go +40mph AND handle like a fiberglass DeltaForce hull?

So - should I sell it or build it??

Mike

Flying Scotsman
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Buy a Delta Force, there is no way you will power that size hull with an SV 27 setup. DF 26 will be OK with an SV 27 set up and will be a way better handling boat than an SV 27. The DF 33 will require new hardware, batteries, motor, ESC, etc.

Douggie

Brushless55
02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
cool looking hull!
I agree with Douggie, go DF26 if you want to run the SV setup

Scott T
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I really like the lines of the Fountain but is she realistically gonna go +40mph AND handle like a fiberglass DeltaForce hull?

So - should I sell it or build it??

Mike

I doubt you'd get the speed and handling of a DF with this hull - but it looks wayyyyy cooler! From what I remember, these hulls are pretty light, so an SV combo would get it moving, but probably below your expectatations.

If you want to beat the SVs, get a DF26 if you lake is smooth, or a DF29 if your water is choppy. DF33 is too big for the SV power system.

You know, if you've got the time and like a project, you could rig the Fountain up and see how it goes. If it's no good, then sell it and set up a DF, or keep it and give it more power.

MRotch
02-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I am still conflicted on building this one up or building a new hull. I could have fun with this thing but I don't have time for headaches and trial/error. I am leaning toward building a proven set-up with something the rest of the FE guys use so I can get it dialed in with minimal BS.

It is light - i should drop it on the scale and get a weight...

Brushless55
02-27-2010, 10:44 AM
this sounds like a build over at rcu
just because a big hull is light does not mean you can run small power and get big numbers

Jesse J
02-27-2010, 11:25 AM
naw you should sell it.... but wait until I have the cash to buy it. I love those big hulls and a twin outdrive scale build is in my near future (once I get a job and make some real $$)

MRotch
02-28-2010, 01:45 PM
well... she's up for sale/trade in the swap shop!

I am leaning towards a Deltaforce, HOTR, Boogieman type mono.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike