PDA

View Full Version : 1521 1.5d

bedrock
02-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi all

I'm running a Drifter M with a Neu 1521 1.5d can I run this on 6S or do I need to go with 4S prop - suggestions?:

thanks in advance
________
NEW MEXICO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://newmexico.dispensaries.org/)

Fluid
02-24-2010, 07:20 AM
The 1521/1.5D is a hot 4S motor, 6s is not appropriate except for SAW racing. I run that motor on 4S in my P Sport Hydro and use an S230 or x450 prop.

ozzie-crawl
02-24-2010, 07:26 AM
removed comment, fluid got in a few minutes a head

LuckyDuc
02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
The 1521/1.5D is a hot 4S motor, 6s is not appropriate except for SAW racing. I run that motor on 4S in my P Sport Hydro and use an S230 or x450 prop.
Wow! What p-sport hull are you running that in? What does it weigh ready to race?

vvviivvv
02-25-2010, 04:40 PM
alot of people run them on 6s in twin boats...

RandyatBBY
02-25-2010, 04:59 PM
alot of people run them on 6s in twin boats...

Ya that would be hot on Lipo, sounds like fun!

Scott T
02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi all

I'm running a Drifter M with a Neu 1521 1.5d can I run this on 6S or do I need to go with 4S prop - suggestions?:

thanks in advance

I've seen quite a few of these run on 4S and 5S (in monos and sport hydros), and go very well. A few guys here tried them in riggers on 6S, but the RPM was too high, and they found the 1521/1Y to be much better. So I'd stick to 4S or 5S for your Drifter.

vvviivvv
02-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Ya that would be hot on Lipo, sounds like fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59znIXWmKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqV4F-sSVv4

very fun!

gonna have to run mine on 7s becoz i was to eager to get the motors i bought 1y's least ill swing my 3 blade propshops ok...

who said too much rpm!?!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpxJ3YCX5gY 1691kv on 8s?

Fluid
02-25-2010, 06:11 PM
What p-sport hull are you running that in? What does it weigh ready to race?
It's an Aeromarine Sport 21 hull, weighs around 9 lbs. It's a bit heavy but runs very free and is outstanding in rough water, speeds are around 60 in a race heat. After a 1 mile heat things are as hot as I'd want them - 130-135F.

IMO the 1521/1.5D is simply not appropriate for 6S even in twin setups, unless short SAW runs are the desired application. No need for the 37,000+ rpm this motor would provide - a milder motor will be as fast, use less amps and put less stress on the driveline.

Remember that just because someone says they run a certain setup does not mean it is appropriate - there is a huge amount of BS on the Internet concerning FE boats, speeds, setups, etc. Someone's statement that a certain setup "works" may not include the fact that he limits his runs to one minute or he would burn up his equipment. And a video proves nothing - how do you know that the ESC didn't toast on the next run? That the motor didn't de-magnetized on the actual video run? How do you know that the setup was even actually as stated? Do not take vanity videos with more than a grain of salt unless you know the boat owner - or someone who can tell you 'the rest of the story'.

vvviivvv
02-25-2010, 06:27 PM
It's an Aeromarine Sport 21 hull, weighs around 9 lbs. It's a bit heavy but runs very free and is outstanding in rough water, speeds are around 60 in a race heat. After a 1 mile heat things are as hot as I'd want them - 130-135F.

IMO the 1521/1.5D is simply not appropriate for 6S even in twin setups, unless short SAW runs are the desired application. No need for the 37,000+ rpm this motor would provide - a milder motor will be as fast, use less amps and put less stress on the driveline.

Remember that just because someone says they run a certain setup does not mean it is appropriate - there is a huge amount of BS on the Internet concerning FE boats, speeds, setups, etc. Someone's statement that a certain setup "works" may not include the fact that he limits his runs to one minute or he would burn up his equipment. And a video proves nothing - how do you know that the ESC didn't toast on the next run? That the motor didn't de-magnetized on the actual video run? How do you know that the setup was even actually as stated? Do not take vanity videos with more than a grain of salt unless you know the boat owner - or someone who can tell you 'the rest of the story'.

ive seen the Neu mystic with my own eyes the owner is called benny didn't burn up..

Jeepers
02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Wow! What p-sport hull are you running that in? What does it weigh ready to race?

I run one in my Whip 20 on 4s1p 6500mah rtr weight of 7lb 3oz speeds in the 60s
with temps under 120. I can prop up but Iam happy with it.