PDA

View Full Version : Hey Salir.............

illz302
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Are you going to be carrying these? http://www.ripmax.com/item.asp?itemid=B-JS-8101&Category=050-010-010

I would love to see one in brushless form. Plus they are so cheap some of the younger crowd could get into the hobby for far less money and not have to have a big lake available to them!

BTW here is a video i found of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uf9zqzjlQo&NR=1

ozzie-crawl
02-23-2010, 08:40 PM
thats a cool little mono nice find

illz302
02-23-2010, 09:07 PM
thats what I thought and it will be bada** with a BL system in it. Besides it already looks pretty quick for a brushed system but thats prob because its so small!

Brushless55
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
that little guy is so cool!

Steven Vaccaro
02-24-2010, 08:12 AM
that thing is awesome!

wakeboardfusion
02-24-2010, 02:13 PM
I have seen that little guy before, pretty sweet if you ask me!

screwball
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
wait how long is it???

Jesse J
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
That looks deceptively cheap, 40 UK monetary units (that's like $60 right?) man what a steal - and it looks cool. How does one obtain?

wait how long is it???

Specification
Length: 225mm (Hull) / 270mm (Total)

Weight: 125g (Model Only)
Beam: 70mm

ya gotta scroll some, eh?

wakeboardfusion
02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
length 225mm is 8.8 inches
beam 70mm is 2.7 inches

screwball
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
ok i think i might buy one because ive always wanted a super duper small mono lol but it would be nice if sailr imported them

illz302
02-24-2010, 10:06 PM
ok i think i might buy one because ive always wanted a super duper small mono lol but it would be nice if sailr imported them

+1 I would def buy one:Praying:

sailr
02-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Sorry, but no, we will not carry them. We evaluated whether or not to carry them but they are really relegated to the "toy" class. We decided we would rather continue our tradition of offering quality fiberglass brushless mini's rather than venture into the Radio Shack market. We have taken on items before after posts saying "I will buy it" only to turn out that the item just sits in our warehouse with sparse sales. We are a very small company (pun intended) and can't carry everything under the sun.

illz302
02-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Understood Salir but since you have looked at these before can you tell us what kind of material the hull is made out of?

Brushless55
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I emailed a company that I think sells these..
I hope to have an answer from them within a week, they always take 5 to 7 days to answer me..
They should be a small price as they also sell the mini Vs and Cats, I can get those shipped cheaper than I've seen even on ebay

illz302
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
55 let me know how that goes are you going to be importing them or just buying a few for yourself?

Brushless55
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
55 let me know how that goes are you going to be importing them or just buying a few for yourself?

If this guy has them I will let you know the cost, and order as many as we will need. :Peace_Sign:

illz302
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
nice ok my wallet is jumping up and down in a frenzy right now LOL!

sailr
02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
We didn't have one in our hands but as I recall they are vaccuformed plastic.

Understood Salir but since you have looked at these before can you tell us what kind of material the hull is made out of?

illz302
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
OK TYVM Salir still would be a great boat to run in my pool while im waiting on batteries to charge!

Was there anything else we should know before we jump on these Salir?

Steven Vaccaro
02-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm going into getting some also. Looks like a cool toy.

illz302
02-25-2010, 12:54 PM
sweet i love that i will be able to buy one here in the U.S.

Jesse J
02-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Steve, if you get a trial run order, I would take one - Dad has a pond that is perfect for minis and these look really cool for their size. I wonder though how long of a run you get with 250 mah batteries? I know some/most of us are thinking helicopter bl motors and lipos... not me though :spy::spy:

Brushless55
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Steve, if you get a trial run order, I would take one - Dad has a pond that is perfect for minis and these look really cool for their size. I wonder though how long of a run you get with 250 mah batteries? I know some/most of us are thinking helicopter bl motors and lipos... not me though :spy::spy:

They do have some nice micro BL setups that should work great..
:thumbup:

illz302
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
the one problem i noticed 55 is that the current mounting bracket is a over the motor type and its shaped square like the motor

55 if you import them ill def buy one from you still since i had already said that also let me know with some links how you would make this brushless!

sailr
02-25-2010, 02:42 PM
You guys crack me up. You will spend more making this little boat brushless than if you bought one slightly larger, already brushless! But there are those that like to tinker and more power to ya!

illz302
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes Sir:thumbup1:

Meniscus
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
:iagree:

But, I bet Sailr has some nice outrunners you guys could use in one of these :thumbup1: :laugh:

:roflol:

Brushless55
02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
the one problem i noticed 55 is that the current mounting bracket is a over the motor type and its shaped square like the motor

55 if you import them ill def buy one from you still since i had already said that also let me know with some links how you would make this brushless!

the mounting would just be a little more to play with :thumbup1:
I can get the little bigger ones to btw

illz302
02-25-2010, 03:32 PM
what bigger ones?

Brushless55
02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I think they are 16" hulls?

illz302
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
hmm can you post a link I know of the offshore warrior but thats the same thing as the Velocity Mono from MCR isn't it?

SweetAccord
01-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Here is one to consider:

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220388

hazegry
01-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I was all wonder what this is then realized I have one already lol. maybe I should move this up the build schedule a bit.

sailr
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Gotta love it. Posting links to the cheap copy of our boat. Oh well.

hazegry
01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
well Sailr mine is from you guys I did buy it used but at least it came from minicat I have the tenshock eco from you guys as well and its a fun little boat. I like your stuff and will buy from you in the future.

SweetAccord
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I have Minicat and I know these are cheap in comparison and people will find a lot of stuff out there and do one of 6 things depending on their personality, taste, knowledge, price, who it's for etc:

1. Not buy it for whatever reason, cheap, knowledge of it's low quality, etc.
2. Buy it and learn from it (cause that is all they can ever afford or want to pay)
3. Buy it learn and sell it then go with something better like a Minicat etc.
4. Buy it and like it just they way it as for what they get and fix up as needed if needed.
5. Buy it for their kid and who cares, this hobby is expendable income for some and don't care but may have a cost limit.
6. See this get an idea and find something else like it somewhere else (new manufacturers popping out all the time) and go for it

I can't condemn a company if they put out cheap copies that is just free enterprise. People like to buy and fix and upgrade. Heck some boats are not even that much upgradeable but people out there people have different personalities and like to tinker. People either learn and or they know it's not AS good as something else twice as much but for the price can have it for for their kid or tinker with for themselves. Not everyone can afford some boats and some lower cheap copies are a learning experience for some and a good way to start as the bug comes and goes. I have purchased some RC cars that I'm glad I didn't go all crazy with all trick out parts like I normally like to as they are just sitting there never been run as I got into boats. The same can be true for someone starting with boats it's a slippery slope.

hazegry
01-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I feel Sailr's pain I used to make custom ink pens spent hours on them then some piece of garbage that needs a pen more than a shower offers me a buck for a pen. I got so sick of people thinking I should give them pens for free I closed shop I only make pens for family and friends now.

Diegoboy
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I have one of those Pens!

hazegry
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
enjoy it I found out tonight that the base hobby shop closed so I no longer have access to a lathe so its one of the last ones

SweetAccord
01-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I feel Sailr's pain I used to make custom ink pens spent hours on them then some piece of garbage that needs a pen more than a shower offers me a buck for a pen. I got so sick of people thinking I should give them pens for free I closed shop I only make pens for family and friends now.

I support Minicat 100% but that does not mean at the same time shunt everyone else that is also in the business to make a buck if the price is right for what you get. I would hate that someone sell my items (a copy) but at the same time if they are not the same quality I would not care as I know I have a better product for the price. But if they had the same product then obviously I'm not getting the best cost as a dealer. You can't stop people who want to be cheap and learn or be happy with what they got if they want the copy version.

That is what this board is all about, learning. If anyone searches they may find this post, find the other brand see that it was discussed and compared to Minicat and now they have learned about Minicat and now they may make their own decision, that is the point. I can't always push what I feel is best on people for many reasons or just say nothing, how is that being fair? What I may think is just may be someone else's cup of tea for the price.

I understand everyone wants to make a buck, but at the same time that does not mean it's taboo to say "look at what I found". Who says that is fair to the other guys? They may think the more expensive boats that they sell are a rip off. I'm neutral but see both sides and am fair to everyone but still have my own opinion if asked.

I have two Minicat boats, but if I wanted to get a cheap copy to kick around why not if I can, and with that why not someone else?

bigwaveohs
01-25-2011, 12:37 PM
You guys crack me up. You will spend more making this little boat brushless than if you bought one slightly larger, already brushless! But there are those that like to tinker and more power to ya!

I agreed...get a Velocity and be done with it!