PDA

View Full Version : i have a tenshock 40a esc ? With problems ?

lucozader
02-23-2010, 04:37 PM
http://hopf-modeltechnology.com/Regler-ESC-Boat

i have the above esc

i got it last week

i am using a pistol transmitter

i set it up as suggested in the instructions

it won't go to zero rpm when the throttle isat neutral

it goes from slow to fast

but not from zero to fast

any tips ?

ozzie-crawl
02-23-2010, 04:55 PM
they are not designed for a pistol grip, with some playing around you can get it to work.
you need to move your zero point further back using the trim, or you need a pistix adapter

lucozader
02-23-2010, 07:04 PM
i got a pistix off ose

but i burnt it out messing around with another boat

i'll try to re adjust the trim

thanks

sailr
02-25-2010, 09:36 AM
That's odd. Tenshock ESC's are designed to work with pistol style transmitters but not sure about ones from Europe. In a lot of the world, stick type transmitters are the preference so it's possible the Tenshock units made for the European market are not set up for pistol style transmitters. A Pistix is definately the way to go.

FishMaxx
05-29-2011, 01:41 PM
That's odd. Tenshock ESC's are designed to work with pistol style transmitters but not sure about ones from Europe. In a lot of the world, stick type transmitters are the preference so it's possible the Tenshock units made for the European market are not set up for pistol style transmitters. A Pistix is definately the way to go.

I just bought a minicatracingusa.com mini eco, it appears I have a European Tenshock ECS.

Is there a fix for this besides the pixstix?

sailr
05-29-2011, 09:50 PM
The Only radio having problems with the esc is the spektrums. Adjust the EPA's . Should cure the problem.

Not sure where you got the idea the esc's from us are any different than those in Europe. All the same.

drkdgglr
05-30-2011, 03:20 AM
I had this esc, and it works fine with a pistol style transmitter (3pk).
Btw: I think these are just rebranded swordfish 40a esc's.