PDA

View Full Version : What's the next step after Noob?

Team A-Hull
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
What's the next step after Noob? Is it Boob? There should be a stage of four titles or so that we all go threw in or learning experience in this hobby. I'm still new to this hobby but i would not classify myself as a noob or newbie. Although there is the occasional question I know nothing about; like tugs that may sound very newbish.

This question itself maybe a newbie question?

How do you know for sure when your out of the noob stage!:huh:

Anyone got any ideas for some titles?

Bored before work; just a thought!

May you all hull a...

ReddyWatts
09-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I started to say that you are no longer a newbie when: you stop burning stuff up, but even Fluid still smokes stuff every now and then. No offense meant by that.

So I would say in this hobby, where everything keeps changing and you need to keep learning, that everyone is still a noob.

ED66677
09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
lol Reddy!!! poor Fluid!!!

you're right, when something new comes out, then we all feel hum... what the hell is this, hum... shall I ask what is all about or just wait till someone shows up with the answer before anybody even ask the question!!!

Team A-Hull
09-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Thats a good point Reddy Watts! Sometimes i feel i'm on my game and then there is that topic that pops up that you know nothing about. So, i guess your right; we have our times when we know are s--- and then there times we revert back to being noob.

Doozie870
09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I think you move up from newbie,(First few races) to where I am now, boobie. Boobie = several races and not any better at driving. To be a boobie you must cut a minimum of at least 2 buoys every three heats.

Doozie870
09-14-2007, 12:12 AM
After boobie the next level is Putz, thats my goal for next year.

Team A-Hull
09-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Good answer Doozie! LOL! I'm glad you made it to class boobie and i hope you become a putz this year!

If thats the case I have not raced alot so I would be in the transformation between noob and boob which would be newbie.

1 2 3
(1-Noob 1.1-Newbie) (2-Boob 2.1-Boobie 2.2 Major Boobie) (3-Putz 3.1-?????)

Different stages within each class.

LOL! This is what happens when your satelite tv is out! You come up with different stages of noobism.

I'm begining to think that class four might not be able to be mentioned on this forum. lol!

Any suggestions or new classes?

Jeepers
09-14-2007, 01:20 AM
I think you move up from newbie,(First few races) to where I am now, boobie. Boobie = several races and not any better at driving. To be a boobie you must cut a minimum of at least 2 buoys every three heats.

:lol: :lol: :thumbup1: If your a boobie, what the heck am I clasified as?
you race with me, so i must be............. A major boobie?:w00t:

Team A-Hull
09-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Jeepers have you one a few races? Because if so, that may classify you to be a Major Boobie! Head of boobs class and leader and informer to many newbies and boobies!
Your vast knowledge as a Major Boobie needs to be spread within your boobie class.

I'd like to see what the Major Boobie Class trophy would look like...

Jeepers
09-14-2007, 02:18 AM
HMMMMM! have i won a few races thats a hard question to answer, I will let this answer we are running a points series!

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showthread.php?t=21486&page=2

scroll through and read the points my name is Sean C.:D

Doozie cuts bouys, I hit them!

Team A-Hull
09-14-2007, 02:35 AM
I guess you are a Major Boobie! Nice Job Jeepers!!! Do you ever let anyone else see the spotlight? Do you have any pics of your boats?

I have not ventured to much in racing; right now i'm working on rc fishing with reel and pole. Wish there were races in my area our more people into racing in my area.

Fluid
09-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Honests guys, I haven't smoked any in decades - really!

Oh, you probably meant FE stuff like ESCs and motors..:laugh: ..yeah, when you push the envelope you have to be ready to pay the price.

ReddyWatts
09-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Yep, you and Clinton. ha

You didn't inhale either. right???

Team A-Hull
09-14-2007, 11:17 PM
LOL! Not smoking anything, lol! Just a little bit of a Monty Python sense of humor thrown out there...

Jeepers
09-15-2007, 12:56 AM
I guess you are a Major Boobie! Nice Job Jeepers!!! Do you ever let anyone else see the spotlight? Do you have any pics of your boats?

I have not ventured to much in racing; right now i'm working on rc fishing with reel and pole. Wish there were races in my area our more people into racing in my area.

do I let anyone else see the spotlight? i have been smoked many times, lots of times by Doozie, and the other members of RMTB. matter of fact the first half of our season didnt go to well for me. this half is a bit different. getting out in front is easy, staying there when you have several other boats trying to crawl up your propeller if you make a mistake, is the hard part!

here are some pics.

my H&M lifter psport hydro, my classic hydro LSH and my Fullers p mono, and some club members!

Team A-Hull
09-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Great Pics! Love the last pic and the nice rooster left behind! Looks like fun and I wouldn't mind looking into a build for competitive racing and events localy.

Jeepers
09-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Great Pics! Love the last pic and the nice rooster left behind!

No this is a rooster! (at least for me):D

Team A-Hull
09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Come on Jeepers i have bigger rosters than that!

http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/uploaded_images/NHRedRooster-791982.jpg

Jeepers
09-16-2007, 12:06 AM
HEHEHEHE!:w00t: :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

Ocean Racer
09-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Ya that is a Big Rooster Tail :moon: I still like Jeepers :beerchug:

Team A-Hull
09-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Nice smiley moon and beer mug smiley's Ocean Racer! Have not scene them before...

Jeepers thanks for the pics! Looks like your getting some excellent speed!

SJFE
09-16-2007, 12:58 PM
If it needs to be broken down into lables here are my thoughts. Of course Newbs @ entry level. These guys typicaly buy rtrs and get there feet wet with upgrades & light mods. Next are SportBoaters. Us guys have advanced to the point of building from the hull up. We know enough to not smoke equipment but can still make costly mistakes. We can also offer some advice to newbs but have to remain mindfull of our own limitations. Next are the Experts these are our advance boaters. They are hobbiest's with many years in all types of RC. They have been there & done that. A valuable resource for general knolege. Last are the FE Pro's. These some of these guys have been in electric rc boats since the beginig & are our racers. Others are experts who are now racing & even some advanced sportboaters. These guys collectively know it all in reference to FE. No one guy knows more than the other so much as they all know a little somthing diffrent. The great thing about this hobby/sport is every one is very considerate & accessable. This is the reason I have stuck around longer in boats than any other area of rc. This is opinion on how it works out. Hope it makes sence to ya.

Team A-Hull
09-16-2007, 11:30 PM
So what you saying SJFE and judging by my calculations is that your a Major Boobie! LOL! Just joking! That is the breakdown as you mentioned and thanks for your input. Wish there were more experienced boaters in my area.
The forums are what keep me in this hobby and keep me interested in trying new things. 1 out of 10 hobby stores in my area actually have any good info on boats, parts and so on. They don't even carry what you need for a scratch build. They usually have people behind the counter that know nothing or they specialize in cars, trucks, heli's, and planes. The forums are what made me more interested in this hobby by all the endless ideas and builds. Boats are fun and they are also a challenge.
Congrats on you marriage SJFE and you Major Boobie status.

SJFE
09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks...I think. lol

Team A-Hull
09-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks...I think. lol

Trust me, it's GOOD!:thumbup1::beerchug::thumbup:

FE_Chris
09-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Im with SJFE for the most part. I still consider myself mostly a newb, mostly cause I do not have that much building experiance. These forums, and the boat community is what keeps me coming back. See, until recently, I really had no time to build and test...if I wanted to have ANY time to run at all. Now I do have more time and it's the end of the season. But, point being, without these forums, I would'nt have any place to go for information and I might not even have found the club I am joining.

Big scale, im still a newb without a doubt. But wow I sure do know WAY more than I did when I started in FE boats less than a year ago. And now having found a FE club in the local area, I think im set.

Cheers to the internet and OSE!

Team A-Hull
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
This a noob question on member status. I'm no where near being a senior member on the forums I have joined... How do you get the senior member status on your profile?

Darin Jordan
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
How do you get the senior member status on your profile?

I think it's just a matter of the number of posts you have... The more you post, the more "senior" your membership status... I think...

Team A-Hull
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
So one day after 5000 post you become a senior menber? That would be a nice little surprise!

Thanks Jordan!

Darin Jordan
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
So one day after 5000 post you become a senior menber? That would be a nice little surprise!

Thanks Jordan!

I don't think it's that many... I only have 315 and I'm listed as "Senior Member"... and I know it's not because of my age... ;)

SJFE
09-27-2007, 07:55 PM
30 posts for that rating 1000 for the one I have.

Team A-Hull
09-28-2007, 05:21 AM
I saw dirtysouth, i think his name was, and he was a senior member with 150 or so post. I wonder how many post it takes to be a Major Boobie?

Read early in thread to understand the noob to boob ranking system. I seem to be the only one using it. lol!