PDA

View Full Version : Team FEAR (south east Virginia)

Pages : [1] 2

Diegoboy
02-22-2010, 08:04 AM
http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/team.gifhttp://www.diegoboy.com/misc/fear.gif

Welcome to Team F.E.A.R.

Fast Electric Aqua Racers

current Team Roster:
Egneg (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=786)
Meniscus (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=1365)
Nautiboyz (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=681)
Thegreat1 (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=1297)
Diegoboy (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=3)

Steven Vaccaro
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Where is the "team" picture?

Doby
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Probably keep breaking the camera everytime they try and take a picture.............

Doby
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Does this mean that FEMBOT has died???

Meniscus
02-22-2010, 12:32 PM

The names and faces of the participants have been omitted to protect the innocent.......or the guilty for that matter! :tongue_smilie:

Not much to see anyway :ohmy:

egneg
02-22-2010, 02:36 PM

We have never all been together at the same time. :o

Diegoboy
02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
We have never all been together at the same time. :o
Well, we're just going to have to remedy that, won't we.

How 'bout another cook out / Run ?

Diegoboy
02-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I'll contact DuncanJerry to see if he'd like to be a part. (I hope so)

Egneg, Would you please try Dirty. It'd be nice to have us all there!!

Meniscus
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm in. I've got the grill, charcoal, etc.

thegreat1
02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
oooo oooo can i come?

Diegoboy
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
oooo oooo can i come?

You're a team member, you're expected to be there :tongue_smilie:

...Anyone & everyone is welcome to come. even :spy: :tape:

thegreat1
02-22-2010, 09:56 PM
when and where? hopefully not this weekend, my kid comes home on sat from grandma's house.

egneg
02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
when and where? hopefully not this weekend, my kid comes home on sat from grandma's house.

Don't worry, it will be when the temps are in the 60's by 10am.

:popcorn2:

Meniscus
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
What no extreme grilling? Ha! :laugh:

I need those cold water temps for cooling! Oh well...

...now where did I put that dry ice? :tape: I just have to cross my fingers that the hatch tape holds, otherwise: water + dry ice = :doh:

Meniscus
02-23-2010, 01:40 PM

As promised:

I'm the one with the round head :thumbup1:

egneg
02-23-2010, 02:25 PM
What no extreme grilling? Ha! :laugh:

I need those cold water temps for cooling! Oh well...

...now where did I put that dry ice? :tape: I just have to cross my fingers that the hatch tape holds, otherwise: water + dry ice = :doh:

For extreme grilling you can visit nautiboyz. :cool:

egneg
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Team Fear Logo ... what do you guys think?

Meniscus
02-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I really like it!!! Can you make the outline of team stronger so it stands out and doesn't get lost?

The other decals are coming from Randy. Now we have to get some more made after we agree to the logo. I may have to try to print some on bumper stickers so we can stick on my boats. That way I can meet sponsor requirements for racing. :smile: Maybe I'll use double sided tape so I don't screw up the paint job.....such as "factory white" :laugh:

thegreat1
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
As promised:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22311&d=1266950410

I'm the one with the round head :thumbup1:

hey theres me! second from the left! lol

Chilli
02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I must of missed the shoot. There is no fat one...:smile:

thegreat1
02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
i think that you were snowed in

Diegoboy
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I thought the camera adds 20 pounds, not looses 80.
:confused2:

egneg
02-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Team picture ... I am on the far left.

Chilli
02-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Thats not it. Here is the real Team Fear photo. I won't say which one of us is the blond in the blue.......:doh:

Meniscus
02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
LOL! You guys are too funny! Just know that if the guy in red gets beamed down, he's not coming back!!!

Just to be clear, we don't discriminate, in fact, you'd be surprised what we really look like:

http://www.polarisimages.com/Polaris-News/archives/shames3.jpg

I'm the one with the fro.

runzwithsizorz
03-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Team picture ... I am on the far left.

Hey, I have a shirt just like that, can I join?
<------- Williamsburg

thegreat1
03-06-2010, 11:40 AM
only if the first time any of us meet you in person you howl like one of the wolves.

DUDE MAYBE WE SHOULD CHANGE OUR NAME TO THE WOLF PACK!!!lol

thegreat1
03-06-2010, 11:42 AM
hey so does anybody wanna go out tomorrow and run some boats? also is diamond pond off limits now? i went by there the other day and there was a no traspassing sign up. i never noticed it before.

hey danny where is that pond you always run at that all your videos are taken? i would like to utilizes that water (it is shallow and i flip boats alot)

Diegoboy
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Welcome runzwithsizorz, we'd be happy to have you on the team!

Which pond are you talking about? The one with the fountain, or the jumping fish?

egneg
03-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I was talking to Danny earlier about running tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be about 60 and clear. I was thinking Lake Fear and probably what Jeremy was talking about as well. I am charging batts and trying to get a couple of props done in time.

:rockon2: :thumbup: :banana: :thumbup1:

thegreat1
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
i don't know where lake fear is lol. could someone fill me in. also what time?

egneg
03-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Lake Fear (formally Loc Fembot) is at the corner of London Bridge Rd and Ships Corner in Va bch. Time to be determined but somewhere around the noon to 1 pm time frame

runzwithsizorz
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Can't make it today, wife has made plans for me already. Is this the pond next to the Virginia beach Industries?

egneg
03-07-2010, 12:30 PM
We will meet at the 7-11 at 2pm. Here is a link and a picture for Jeremy. Sorry you cant make it Runz, maybe next time. I will call Danny to check to see if he is still coming and Ben to see if he can make it.

http://www.mapquest.com/listings/7-Eleven_Virginia_Beach_VA_21803884

Chilli
03-07-2010, 06:21 PM
How did the mono run today Chuck?

egneg
03-07-2010, 06:57 PM
How did the mono run today Chuck?

It ran much better although I stripped the servo horn so I think I will have to get a metal one. I put on a detongued X642 today and moved the batts a bit back (I think I could move them back some more) and it ran about 40 mph, does this sound about right for running with the nitro boats?

P.S. Danny shot some video so when I get it I will post it.

Chilli
03-07-2010, 08:19 PM
It's hard to tell what speed the nitro guys will ber running at. There is a huge span on performance depending on how good a tuner the boat owner is. 40 mph is pretty slow for a 642 with your motor, but if I remember correctly Lake Fear is not that big so not alot of room to wind that sucker out. I had the Titan running upper 40's with a 640. When you get together with the OD club, you'll able to run with the B-mono guys and get a good sense of where you need to be. If I get to run with any B's at test n' tune, I'll let you know what kind of speeds will be competitive.

Meniscus
03-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Egneg, I got your call, but got involved with a combined birthday party for my wife where the whole family was there.

I hate missing meetings!!! :(

Meniscus
03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
OK, ran my first boat in quite some time...

Mini Sea Drifter on 3s FP 2100mah, X-Power 2618kv?, x632, Velocity 35A ESC, etc. etc.

She planed out great, nice tight rooster tail, and did roughly 38mph. She would have done more if I had the room to wind her up. It ran very stable and had no issue going over the wake upwards of 1 1/4". It still needs a turn fin. I think I gave the one I was going to use to Danny D. with the Oberto.

Diegoboy
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Sweet! Wish I could have been there...

Meniscus
03-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, it's a shame when work gets in the way! Sorry Diego.

Just a note guys, hire Diego to conformal coat your ESC's and receivers. Mine were still working even with over a half a cup of water in the hull. They had to have been completely submerged, of course not by choice. Great job Diego!!!

Meniscus
03-23-2010, 04:53 PM
OK, I've been looking heavily at the IMPBA rules regarding FE.

My goal is to find a class that will allow smaller models, say up to 19-21" or less depending on other's input, to compete in a race or SAWS environment for the main purpose of having an inexpensive class for new boaters to enjoy the events. Here's my issue, let's say I wanted to recruit new members to run FE with us in a race or SAWS competition. Under the rules, if let's say we decided to run riggers up to 19-21" or smaller, the smallest class is N which has a rigger length limit of 60"!!!

So what does that mean? Realistically, I could run a 32-34" rigger on 2s2p at 10,000mah. That's all well and good, but it misses the main purpose for a smaller class: allow new boaters to get into the hobby without spending upwards of $1,000.

Now, I know that D.Smock runs a special local club class that uses Vac-u-pickles. Again, the IMPBA rules don't translate to the smaller sizes for hydros. Even in the "N" class, it's only limited to 27", which is still giant compared to these small models.

So where does this leave us? No class to run micro or minis that have a cost of $200-250 all new components and new boaters have to come up with at least $500+ to be able to enter a competitive race. The spec racing was a good idea, but now with motors costing as much as 1/5 the cost of a spec motor, it seems silly not to allow participants to use them in some sort of way.

Meanwhile, in IMPBA we have N, P, Q, S, T = 5 times Mono, Tunnel, OB Tunnel, Hydro, Rigger, Sport Hydro = 6. That's 30 classes before you consider spec or other sub-classes. What club has the capacity to have enough boats to meet everyone's desires for the class they want to run?

Why can't we have at least one class that is limited in length and allow, let's say, 2-3s lipos???

The size of the model will limit the capacities, motor, props, etc. It will allow those folks who don't have the expendable income to enjoy competitive racing on a budget.

At this point, we all realize that no new boater will get into the hobby and want to go racing if they have to outlay so much money. After all, we're talking about a price that's equivelant to a used passenger car!

Please someone weigh in here and tell me how we can enjoy smaller models that still go 40 to 60+ mph with IMPBA! If we had NAMBA here, maybe it would be better, but I don't know whether it would or not. Virginia is NAMBA District 1 which includes New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, etc. We'd have to drive 10 hours to those events. Heck, we might as well drive to D.Smock's club in Florida for that matter.

Disclaimer: I'm all for doing some local racing. I'm trying to fit into IMPBA, but the cost is beyond what I can manage. In supporting these efforts, I'm considering putting models almost half the size of others just so I can enjoy the water. What motivation does any new boater have to come and participate in a race? OK, Joe Shmo can run his SV27, but he can't change the motor or the ESC? I hope that everyone understands I'm not bitter, but merely trying to make this racing happen where new boaters can participate without going broke or losing interest.

I'm just saying, simplified length classes with unlimited equipment may serve for better competition and lower cost. After all, if I'm significantly faster than the next guy, I'm still going to be asked to "tune it down". So what's the point?

For Example Only:

A = up to 16"
B = up to 19"
C = up to 23.5"
D = up to 27"
E = up to 36"
F = 36" and above

This could be simplified further, but you'd have the choice of Mono or Hydro/Rigger. That only equals 12 classes. Add 2 classes for spec and be done with it.

Thoughts? I'd like to hear input from new boaters as well as seasoned racers.

This is meant to be a friendly conversation about the future of FE racing with these organizations. No animosity is intended or welcome. :thumbup1:

Diegoboy
03-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Bravo Meniscus. I too wish to run smaler boats because my pockets are honestly too shallow to run near the 30" range. My renegade, micro kat, offshore warrior, and the Rigged confusion would be great to race with.

egneg
03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
NAMBA seems to be ahead of the game compared to the IMPBA. Talking to the guys at ODMBA this past weekend I have found that they realize that FE is the future (which is evident from the problems they have encountered trying to find a new location to run) and they are trying to incorporate the transition without throwing away the investment they have made. They pull up with trailers that have $20,000 and up worth of boats that they have accumulated over the years. It will take time but it will happen!

Diegoboy
03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
If it were me that invested that kind of money in a dying technology, I'd...

SELL SELL SELL while I still could, then buy the new technology.

I guess that just makes too much sense to work.

egneg
03-23-2010, 07:07 PM
If it were me that invested that kind of money in a dying technology, I'd...

SELL SELL SELL while I still could, then buy the new technology.

I guess that just makes too much sense to work.

If you had that kind of money invested ... what would you do knowing that you could not get back half of what you spent?

I would run what I had and fight any change!

Diegoboy
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
My mind is making a comparison to the stock market. If the value is falling, SELL while you can still get something.

:smile:

Chilli
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Good stuff Ben. Most of the guys currently racing in this hobby have been doing this for a long time. The clubs and sanctioning bodies have no choice but to cater to their dues paying members. If there is one thing I have learned over the past year and a half, it's that no one is going to listen to you if your on the outside. Thats why I decided to join the IMPBA and my local club. D12 has a dozen or so classes that the district clubs are required to run at district races. However, the host club is not limited to running just these classes and I think it would be fair to say that most D12 clubs will race any class that makes the three boat minimum. They want you to come to their races. Clubs and districts are also not restricted to running IMPBA classes. They can make classes up to suit the needs of its members. D12 runs a Stock Gas class with our own set of rules.

You guys in SE Virginia are lucky because you have probably the most active club in the district. It's the only club that runs it's own club race series and the club president is running a P-spec tunnel for the first time. Right now the current classes available are not what you would consider optimal, but you do fit in a class. The "N" class allows boats under 27" with 2S power. Any motor you want and any speed controller. Thats a start. My only option last year was novice, so thats what my and my son ran. If I were in your shoes and wanted to make some changes, I would join ODMBA and get out there with Danny and Chuck. Show the guys what the smaller boats can do and that your as serious about the hobby as they are. Then ask them to include a N class in the district race in August. I'm sure Kent would bring one of his smaller boats down to the district race if he decided to come down. The bottom line is the oportuninty is there, but no one is going to give it to us. We have to make it happen.:beerchug:

PS- Doug lives in Georgia, not Florida:smile:

Meniscus
03-23-2010, 09:42 PM
...PS- Doug lives in Georgia, not Florida:smile:

LMAO! :laugh: I did get that one wrong!!! When I first read about Doug I thought he was in Florida. I had a relapse while posting at work. :tongue_smilie:

My point is, we can't really generate the interest to keep members coming and although I'd like, I can't make all the races, the same as others of you I'm sure. That being said, I was trying to think of way to not only generate interest in FE, but to sustain the growth. I certainly don't want to put forth the effort but not have anyone everyone else come into the club. At least that's what I was thinking.

I think that between all of us, we represent and can relate to the various age groups. Now we have to make it easier and get some cheaper stuff running if we want more people.

If we had a simple small rigger cut for cheap, newbies or even some of the nitro/gas guys could run one we had available for them and build one to run next time. We'd have enough boats so that we could always meet a minimum, bridge the gap between the combustion guys and FE, meanwhile a newbie can have some fun too, even if they don't run that day.

Lasercut Rigger = $35-40 ea. (or vac-u-pickles if you guys want, although a rigger may be easier to drive without flipping if the COG is forward)
Cheap Radio = $35-40 ea.
ESC = $25
Motor = $20 outrunner
H/W = $30 if we manage it right, no water pickup.
Batts = $25 or borrowed from ours => yes the collective "we" says Tanto.
Plastic Prop = $5
Glue = $5

Total = $180 to $190 for a rigger that will do 40 to 45mph, 35 to 40mph in rough water.

Doug Smock
03-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Well build them, run them, and see if there are any takers!!!!!:thumbup1:
Honestly though, that class would go nowhere in a hurry here. The growth is in the P-Limited classes. Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel and Hydro.
Good luck!!!!
Doug :beerchug:

Meniscus
03-23-2010, 11:17 PM
What class do you run the vac-u-pickles in? Spec with spec motors?

Doug Smock
03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Yes sir, the Pickles run in P-Limited Sport Hydro. (the new LSH)

Doug :tiphat:

Chris Harris
03-24-2010, 05:06 AM
OK, I've been looking heavily at the IMPBA rules regarding FE.

My goal is to find a class that will allow smaller models, say up to 19-21" or less depending on other's input, to compete in a race or SAWS environment for the main purpose of having an inexpensive class for new boaters to enjoy the events. Here's my issue, let's say I wanted to recruit new members to run FE with us in a race or SAWS competition. Under the rules, if let's say we decided to run riggers up to 19-21" or smaller, the smallest class is N which has a rigger length limit of 60"!!!

So what does that mean? Realistically, I could run a 32-34" rigger on 2s2p at 10,000mah. That's all well and good, but it misses the main purpose for a smaller class: allow new boaters to get into the hobby without spending upwards of $1,000.

The above is the exact reason why we are trying to get smaller, cheaper classes back into IMPBA. (See 1-year trial rules for "Stock" and "Superstock" classes in the March Rooster Tale) These would be legal IMPBA classes that you could show up to any time trial with and run for a record. Oval or SAW. Please VOTE YES to these classes when the ballots come out later this year.

With that said the big growth movement in organized oval racing is in the P-Limited classes. These are not official IMPBA or NAMBA classes. In my opinion they've proven to wildly successful with out being recongnized classes. The fact is they are what the majority of clubs that have an oval racing program are running. So you could go just about anywhere and have boats that fit the classes they are running. Just because IMPBA or NAMBA offer 30+ classes doesn't mean you have to offer all of them at a race. Race the classes that have the most interest. I don't think having that many classes is a bad thing. It provides something for everyone at time trial events which have been very well supported in IMPBA in the last 5 years.

Chris

Diegoboy
03-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Well build them, run them, and see if there are any takers!!!!!:thumbup1:
Honestly though, that class would go nowhere in a hurry here. The growth is in the P-Limited classes. Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel and Hydro.
Good luck!!!!

Growth for existing members converting, and the very few new members with deep pockets. We're trying to get something together for the common average joe with minimal to average sized pockets that would like to run boats but are too intimidated by the cost.

Doug Smock
03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Growth for existing members converting, and the very few new members with deep pockets. We're trying to get something together for the common average joe with minimal to average sized pockets that would like to run boats but are too intimidated by the cost.

I understand Danny. That's why I said build them, run them, and see if there are any takers. ;)

I can't imagine a nitro or gas guy dipping his feet in FE with a boat that size and speed. On the big course they will be like watching paint dry IMO. Back to the "bathtub toy" thing we used to hear from them. If you want to put some hooks in those guys hand them a P-Limited Hydro.
New boaters, send them to the LHS to pick up a UL-1.

I'm not knocking the idea guys, just trying to be realistic. Take this year, go to the races and talk to people.
Good luck!!!!
Doug

Diegoboy
03-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Doug, Would you or anyone else consider THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8MXlA5mIAE) as watching paint dry??

...or THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEAtvVqG-cw) for that matter?

Doug Smock
03-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Danny build them and run then on the 1/6th mile oval. See how much interest there is in them. Convince the club that that is where the growth is going to be. Who knows??

I was asked to give some input on this thread based on my experience racing FEs with our IC counterparts and I have done so. Sorry I wasn't much help.
I wish you guys the best of luck.
Doug

Diegoboy
03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Doug,
Your input and experience are always more than welcome. It just saddens me that electrics are considered inferior bt the IC masses, and to top it off, or add insult to injury, FE supporters consider mini's as inferior. My apologies if my frustration came through and offended you in any way.
Build'em? I have.
Run'em? Not sure if they'll allow us to.

That's my whole point, Will we be allowed to run'em in the first place??

Doug Smock
03-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Doug,
Your input and experience are always more than welcome. It just saddens me that electrics are considered inferior bt the IC masses, and to top it off, or add insult to injury, FE supporters consider mini's as inferior. My apologies if my frustration came through and offended you in any way.
Build'em? I have.
Run'em? Not sure if they'll allow us to.

That's my whole point, Will we be allowed to run'em in the first place??
I'm not offended Danny. I'm as hard headed as you are.:biggrin:
FEs have come a long way and are opening the eyes of the IC guys. We have several IC guys running P-Limited boats.
Take them to the pond, see what happens.

Meniscus
03-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Doug, I know we all appreciate your input and it helps to provide another approach to consider.

I stopped in our LHS to pickup a prop and ended up talking to a few boat guys I've never seen before. That being said, Chuck has started a buzz with the Old Dominion guys regarding FE. They were excited to find out I was an FE guy and instantly wanted to tell me all about this guy who came and practiced with them. Great job Chuck!!!

During the discussion, they indicated that they were interested in running an FE boat, but don't know where exactly to start. As you can imagine, these guys are in love with their Nitro and Gas engines and don't readily justify the high cost of FE in larger sizes. After this unprompted input, I shared the things we can do with some smaller models and allowing cheaper motors and ESC's. They indicated that it made perfect sense.

So, I'm thinking that if we takes Doug's advice and see what we can do this year, we may be able to stage a small class with rules that encourage low cost, fast paced racing. At the same time, the nitro and gas guys don't have to feel threatened by the same speeds and maybe they'll join us.

=> I like positive thinking.

Doug Smock
03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
=> I like positive thinking.

:thumbup:
Go for it. Who knows, it may be wildly successful!

Good luck fellas!!

dirtysouth31
03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Doug, Would you or anyone else consider THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8MXlA5mIAE) as watching paint dry??

...or THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEAtvVqG-cw) for that matter?

hell or even this

rQOM7nJYmh8

Diegoboy
03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
hell or even this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOM7nJYmh8

Oh wow. I remember that thing. It's still here waiting for some more inventive ideas from you. :Peace_Sign:

dirtysouth31
03-25-2010, 08:47 PM
best i can come up with

http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:8eYYtrLvbRY3qM:www.bayareakicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/timberland-shoes-boots-gold.jpg

Diegoboy
04-01-2010, 02:27 PM
My titan 29 should be here later today. I'm in the running for P mono & P spec mono now!

Watch out, Diegoboy needs glasses!!!

Meniscus
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
OK, as promised, here's a small one caught at Lake Gaston last weekend.

egneg
04-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I see you got a bit of sun as well.

Diegoboy
04-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Titan is here!

egneg
04-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Do we get a bathtub video?

Diegoboy
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL.
IMPBA membership paid
Member # 20480 a.k.a. accident prone :huh:

Diegoboy
04-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Introducing my Titan 29. In memory of my SC10 (which I traded her for) She has truck decals on for now.

UL-1 Motor and ESC

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/titan0.jpg

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/titan1.jpg

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/titan2.jpg

Chilli
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Very Nice Danny. I ran my sons for the first time a few weeks ago. Fun hull!!!

dirtysouth31
04-04-2010, 07:57 AM
whos in for running some gotdamm boats today??

egneg
04-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I want to go to Indian River but I am waiting for my wife to get home to find out if I have other plans for the day.

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Happy Easter guys. I want to take out the Titan for some sea trials!

dirtysouth31
04-04-2010, 10:25 AM
only plans woman should have is what to cook!

egneg
04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Ok ... I am ready to go - what time?

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Lipo is charging right now (in the house :olleyes:)
I gave Thegreat1 my charged 4S at the last run!

egneg
04-04-2010, 11:07 AM
only plans woman should have is what to cook!

You are dead wrong ... they control the belly bump and if they are not happy no one is happy! :cursing:

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 11:28 AM
You are dead wrong ... they control the belly bump and if they are not happy no one is happy! :cursing:

Egneg, He said "SHOULD". :laugh:

egneg
04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Ok, I am heading over to Indian River now - see you there.

dirtysouth31
04-04-2010, 02:01 PM
ok who's gonna pay-pal me 15 bucks for wasted gas lookin for boaters??? went to indian river,lake fear,and by danny's house and nobody..was at indian river at 1pm and theres a gate up wit lock and at all 3 nuthin but ducks...

:cursing:

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Egneg moved locations to Diamond lake. We ran our boats there. The Titan ran 32mph on 4S2P with a Prather 220. I need to dial her in to keep up with the others. :tongue_smilie:

egneg
04-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I went to Indian River at 12:30 - nothing but geese. The schedule I got said today was going to be a fun run starting at 10am. I went to Diamond Lake where the Cape Henry boat club meets every Sunday.

dirtysouth31
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM
hell the one time i decide to come out i get the royal wit cheese

egneg
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
hell the one time i decide to come out i get the royal wit cheese

How did you know I had my wisconsin cheese curd shirt on today?

dirtysouth31
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
lucky guess...i was like wtf wit the fence wit lock on it but u can just walk around the door frame...lololololololo

Xzessperated
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
How did you know I had my wisconsin cheese curd shirt on today?

Good man Chuck

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2642/4091529244_93db133740_o.jpg

dirtysouth31
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
that packers takes on a whole different meaning in u.s.a

egneg
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
that packers takes on a whole different meaning in u.s.a

Not in Green Bay!

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Packers? is that Cheese or Fudge? :ohmy:

egneg
04-04-2010, 07:32 PM
I was just thinking (no it didn't hurt to much). It has been a year and I still have all the flags - fastest hydro, fastest mono, fastest rigger, fastest cat, and fastest shovel nose. You guys need to step it up a notch.

:just-kidding:

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
That hydro flag is mine, you're just keeping it warm for me :laugh:

egneg
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
That hydro flag is mine, you're just keeping it warm for me :laugh:

maybe you will get it next year. :popcorn2:

Diegoboy
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
maybe you will get it next year. :popcorn2:

Do you really think so? I was thinking more like 2012

Meniscus
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Didn't make the run guys, sorry. I ended up in Indianapolis for my brother's wedding.

Chuck, perhaps we can meet tomorrow night and I'll give you that stuff. Otherwise, I can try to connect with Danny on Wednesday night and he can hand to you when you see him.

I got those props from Chris and am excited to try them out! I can't wait!!!

Meniscus
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Anyone have a small water pickup rudder, no mount?

I gave Diego a hull to rebuild and I'm contributing strut, strut mount, rudder mount, but we don't have a rudder. If you have something laying around, let us know, even if it isn't water pickup style.

Meniscus
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM

I gave Diego a hull to rebuild, slated for having another micro available to run with Newbies, and I'm contributing strut, strut mount, rudder mount, but we don't have a rudder. If you have something laying around, let us know, even if it isn't water pickup style.

egneg
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM

I gave Diego a hull to rebuild and I'm contributing strut, strut mount, rudder mount, but we don't have a rudder. If you have something laying around, let us know, even if it isn't water pickup style.

I have one that is 4" x 3/4" but you can cut an 1" off of it. The bracket is about 2" to the front of the rudder.

egneg
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM

I gave Diego a hull to rebuild, slated for having another micro available to run with Newbies, and I'm contributing strut, strut mount, rudder mount, but we don't have a rudder. If you have something laying around, let us know, even if it isn't water pickup style.

I have one that is 4" x 3/4" but you can cut an 1" off of it. The bracket is about 2" to the front of the rudder.

Chilli
04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
When's the first ODMBA race Chuck? Are you going to run with the nitro boys???

Meniscus
04-07-2010, 09:22 AM

That may work. What's the footprint of the bracket where it mounts to the hull? Is that the 3/4" measurement? Is that 3/4" square?

egneg
04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
When's the first ODMBA race Chuck? Are you going to run with the nitro boys???

The first club race is 4/18 and I will run with the nitro's. Right now my boat is running 46 MPH, hopefully I can get a bit more out of it by then. :Praying:

Chilli
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
You still using the prather props?

I'll be doing a test n tune on Saturday. Will splash the rigger for the first time. I'll GPS the Titan and see where I'm at. Last time I checked, it was at 47mph with the 640. That was early last year before I had her dialed in. We'll see how she does with the 642 and the cc240 controller. I also want to see what kind of speed I'm getting out of the Stock Gas Sniper. Hopefully I'll come home with all boats in one piece. LOL

egneg
04-07-2010, 06:02 PM
You still using the prather props?

I'll be doing a test n tune on Saturday. Will splash the rigger for the first time. I'll GPS the Titan and see where I'm at. Last time I checked, it was at 47mph with the 640. That was early last year. We'll see how she does with the 642 and the cc240 controller. I also want to see what kind of speed I'm getting out of the Stock Gas Sniper. Hopefully I'll come home with all boats in one piece. LOL

No, I went to a X642 de-tongued. I may cup it a bit to tighten up the thrust cone. I still need to move the CG back a bit as well.

dirtysouth31
04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
No, I went to a X642 de-tongued. I may cup it a bit to tighten up the thrust cone. I still need to move the CG back a bit as well.

http://crunktimes.com/ct/images/smilies/lolwut.gif

dirtysouth31
04-07-2010, 06:44 PM
http://crunktimes.com/ct/images/smilies/lolwut.gif

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/409/original/lolwut.jpg

egneg
04-07-2010, 06:46 PM
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/409/original/lolwut.jpg

Prop talk ... a few will know what I am saying. :zip-up:

Chilli
04-08-2010, 12:24 AM
James Beasley will be the man to pace in B-mono Chuck. He is in your club and won the B-mono district championship last year. He's easy to spot if you havent met him. All his boats have the ARMY logo. Very nice man.

egneg
04-08-2010, 03:34 AM
James Beasley will be the man to pace in B-mono Chuck. He is in your club and won the B-mono district championship last year. He's easy to spot if you havent met him. All his boats have the ARMY logo. Very nice man.

Yes I met him the day of the pond cleanup. He has some big boats!

dirtysouth31
04-08-2010, 06:31 AM
inside joke is james nickname is mongo,the guy on blazin saddles who knnocks out the horse...once u race wit him u will see why..one time i was running my rigger and he dont even look and throws his boat in right as i was passing the dock,wrecked my rigger tryin to avoid his azz

egneg
04-08-2010, 07:33 AM
inside joke is james nickname is mongo,the guy on blazin saddles who knnocks out the horse...once u race wit him u will see why..one time i was running my rigger and he dont even look and throws his boat in right as i was passing the dock,wrecked my rigger tryin to avoid his azz

I can see why ... his gas tunnel would be like hitting a wall. :eek:

dirtysouth31
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
maybe just me but i swear this looks like somebody that poasts ITT

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/doyskitoyskitoy_2006/boobs.gif

Meniscus
04-09-2010, 09:29 AM
It's a sad day. :closedeyes:

Well, as it turns out, our fellow boater Jeff has moved to Texas to recover from his drinking problem. He has family there to support him. He has been separated from his wife for some time now and so they're selling the house. I went over there yesterday and picked up a few things. He will not be returning to this area.

Unfortunately, the spec motor he had is nowhere to be found. So, I'm going to do my best to secure another one, but I don't have excess funds to make that happen at the moment.

So, I guess that means at present, the only boat I can run in the designated classes is P-Mono with my little H&M No Step 1. Look out for major torque roll if I expect to run anywhere near the speeds you all are running! :laugh:

It's a shame we lost a newbie that had the interest in FE and a super nice guy at that.

egneg
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Who was Jeff ... did I meet him?

Meniscus
04-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Jeff had the Nitro Vegas and the Silver Bullet.

egneg
04-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Jeff had the Nitro Vegas and the Silver Bullet.

Ok ... I remember now he was there for the picnic at Lake Fear about 2 years ago.

egneg
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Any one up to running boats tomorrow - lake Fear? :wink:

thegreat1
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
What time?

egneg
04-10-2010, 11:27 PM
What time?

It won't be until after noon - maybe 2 pm?

Meniscus
04-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Did you run? I didn't get a call and hadn't checked in today until later.

egneg
04-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Did you run? I didn't get a call and hadn't checked in today until later.

Not yet - Sunday afternoon.

Meniscus
04-11-2010, 07:11 AM
What location? I'm changing a tie rod end this morning. If I don't have to use a smoke wrench, then I can at least swing by.

I'll put this stuff for you, Egneg, in the truck.

Just give me a call and let me know where it's happening.

4:05 AM? That's pretty early or fairly late Chuck!!!

runzwithsizorz
04-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Anyone heading out to Lake Fear this afternoon? Meniscus has a couple of batteries I think I could use, and Egneg may have a charger I could use, and I could get out of the house before the wife puts me to work.

Diegoboy
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I'll go

runzwithsizorz
04-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Don't really have a boat up and ready to run today, was hoping maybe Meniscus or Egneg could show up. See my post for Egnegs charger, can you answer those questions? Either way, it would give us a chance to meet, and I could pick your brains about an up-coming build.

egneg
04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I will be there close to 1PM, I will send you a PM with my cell number. I answered your question about the charger on that thread.

Diegoboy
04-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Great run today guys!

egneg
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Danny, Jeremy got there just after you and Ben left. We almost had us all together!

Diegoboy
04-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Danny, Jeremy got there just after you and Ben left. We almost had us all together!

Shoot! I should have brought my Kid a slurpee before going because that's why I had to leave. :tape:

thegreat1
04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
sorry for getting there so late guys. i didn;t have anyone to stay with my daughter. she was asleep. hey danny i have a couple of things you might like to have. i will soon be downsizing my fleet and i know you like mini's

Diegoboy
04-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope one of those things isn't a little blue motor with a little blue cooling jacket because I broke down and ordered one from HK dot com today.:spy:

thegreat1
04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
no mine are orange or purple lol.

Meniscus
04-11-2010, 11:22 PM
If that is indeed the case, Diego I may want back my motors I lent you! Ha!

It was great to see everyone. I'm feeble brained so if I asked you to remind me of something, shoot me a PM.

Diego, it looks like that hull I gave you to rebuild is really coming along. I can't wait to see your MicroKat on the water. Meanwhile, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't bring the stretch renegade out, especially since I brought the props to run. You'll have to do that next time....or else!

:)

Sorry I missed you Jeremy. I'm looking forward to meeting you. What micro stuff are you letting go? I'm looking for a small cat or tunnel hull. I also collect the small props for us to run. Let me know what you have as between Diego and me, we could put it to good use.

Todd, I hope you do try 4s in that hull we gave you. It should really fly on that 2300 Ammo you were talking about.

Danny, let me know how that 60A ESC and those motors work out. I've tested the ESC, but have yet to run it. It's brand new from the box!

Meniscus
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Just for you Diego, here are some race classes we could model after:

http://www.electrafying.com/ Classes found here: http://www.electrafying.com/classes.htm

Diegoboy
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
If we adopt the display of a number, I'd like to reserve #5

egneg
04-13-2010, 06:16 PM
If we adopt the display of a number, I'd like to reserve #5

You don't want be #1?

Diegoboy
04-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Na. Besides, in all hull types, you're #1 (so far)

egneg
04-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Danny, I haven't forgotten about the rudder for the cat ... when I find it I will post it.

Chuck

Diegoboy
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Did you get my text today about the 1930?

Meniscus
04-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Wait a second. I think maybe Egneg and I may be 'sharing' #1 for hydro...

OK, you can keep it for now. LOL

Of course, if you count rigger with hydro...I still concede!

Meniscus
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Chuck, a quick question...

What size bullet connectors do you use and do you put male ends on positive or vice versa? I figure since I'm upgrading mine, I might as well use the same as the rest of us so that we can swap equipment for testing or racing purposes due to bad ESC, not enough batts, etc. etc.

I general put female ends on the ESC, do you do the same?

Let me know.

Diegoboy
04-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Attention: Team meeting announcment

Official team meeting to be heald at 400 S. INDEPENDENCE BLVD. 23452 (golden corrall (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=400+S.+INDEPENDENCE+BLVD.+23452&sll=36.83001,-76.133742&sspn=0.007746,0.019248&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=400+S+Independence+Blvd,+Virginia+Beach,+Vir ginia+23452&ll=36.830585,-76.133752&spn=0.007746,0.019248&z=16&iwloc=A))
Sunday 4/25/2010
10:00 am

Please adjust your schedules to attend. Very important topics will be addressed at this time.

Steven Vaccaro
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM

Official team meeting to be heald at 400 S. INDEPENDENCE BLVD. 23452 (golden corrall (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=400+S.+INDEPENDENCE+BLVD.+23452&sll=36.83001,-76.133742&sspn=0.007746,0.019248&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=400+S+Independence+Blvd,+Virginia+Beach,+Vir ginia+23452&ll=36.830585,-76.133752&spn=0.007746,0.019248&z=16&iwloc=A))
Sunday 4/25/2010
100:am

Please adjust your schedules to attend. Very important topics will be addressed at this time.

A real meeting of the minds! :bounce:

egneg
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM

Sunday 4/25/2010
100:am

The meeting will be at 10:00 AM. Be there or go hungry!

Diegoboy
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Driving & typing don't mix. :o

egneg
04-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Driving & typing don't mix. :o

Excuses ... :tape:

Meniscus
04-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I will be out of town that date. Any other dates that work for everyone else?

Sorry I can't make the specified date. I hate screwing up good plans.

Chilli
04-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Freebie: First dibs for Team Fear .150 flex w/ 3/16 shaft new. I cut the sucker a little too short. Lesson learned: When you snap a flex, make sure there isnt a little piece left in the coupler when measuring for the replacement cable. Measure's 10-15/16" from end to end. Anyone want it?

egneg
04-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Nice offer but I can't use it.

HOTWATER
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Mike, sounds like you need to use a cable stretcher... J/K!!

Man that sucks that happened.

Chilli
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I try to keep a good attitude about my screw ups. Everytime I mess up I consider it a lesson learned. I slid the flex into the coupler untill it stopped, backed it out a bit, marked it and trimed it. I tend to pay more attention to the drive dog clearance. Then when I installed it I noticed the sucker is only about 3/16" into the coupler. Upon closer inspection, there was a 1/4 inch piece of flex all the way up in there. If you can use the flex, it's yours. You making any progress on the JAE?

HOTWATER
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I try to keep a good attitude about my screw ups. Everytime I mess up I consider it a lesson learned. I slid the flex into the coupler untill it stopped, backed it out a bit, marked it and trimed it. I tend to pay more attention to the drive dog clearance. Then when I installed it I noticed the sucker is only about 3/16" into the coupler. Upon closer inspection, there was a 1/4 inch piece of flex all the way up in there. If you can use the flex, it's yours. You making any progress on the JAE?

I hate when that kind of stuff happens. Sometimes it seems that the harder you try to pay attention to everything going on, there is always something that slips by...

I have been making a little more progress on the JAE...I think all the rest of the building will be easy...just got to keep mixing epoxy and have plenty of 80 grit on standby...

Thanks for the offer on the flex, but I think someone here will need it more than I do. Besides, not sure what boat I could use it on.

-Kent:beerchug:

dirtysouth31
04-22-2010, 07:02 AM
anybody try the new double down from kfc??

its like a heartattack in a box

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/08/082509-dbldkunwchsnd.jpg

egneg
04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Not yet ... but it does look good!

Meniscus
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
LOL, it does look good!!!

I don't think I need the flex cable. Thanks.

thegreat1
04-23-2010, 10:35 PM
so is sunday for real going on? if so i will be there. got my vac-u-pickle in last week! does anybody wanna set it up for me? i will pay. i really don't want to do it myself and screw it up.

Doug Smock
04-23-2010, 10:50 PM
so is sunday for real going on? if so i will be there. got my vac-u-pickle in last week! does anybody wanna set it up for me? i will pay. i really don't want to do it myself and screw it up.

The pickle is a pretty straight forward build, you can do it!!!!!:thumbup1:
Shoot it almost "Doug proof" LOL

egneg
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM

Jeremy I am not sure since Ben can't be there, I will talk to Danny and give you a call later today.

runzwithsizorz
04-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Jeremy I am not sure since Ben can't be there, I will talk to Danny and give you a call later today.

Post here and let, us/me know. Also, will anyone be on Lake Fear?

egneg
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
The Sunday meeting is still on but running boats is doubtful as the weather forecast is not to favorable.

runzwithsizorz
04-24-2010, 07:13 PM
The Sunday meeting is still on but running boats is doubtful as the weather forecast is not to favorable.
Just stuck my finger out the window, and you are probably right. It's a 120 mile round trip drive for me, any clue as to what this meetings about? Your not gonna raise club dues again are ya?:just-kidding:

egneg
04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
The meeting does include money in a way (but not at this time - although each person pays the cost of their own meal) - we are going to discuss starting a NAMBA chartered club so we can race FE on an official basis.

runzwithsizorz
04-24-2010, 07:43 PM
The meeting does include money in a way (but not at this time - although each person pays the cost of their own meal) - we are going to discuss starting a NAMBA chartered club so we can race FE on an official basis.

That's what I thought. This could be a good thing. Doesn't membership also have included some type of insurance? You really need not answer now, I'll be there, if only to ask more dumb questions.

Meniscus
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm still out of town and will not make it back until tomorrow evening late. I will however be available by cell so if there's a question or would like my input, give me a call.

I'm excited we are having this discussion and I can see where this could be very good for FE locally. Also, my buddy Danny D., who came out to the pond one time and has the Oberto hydro, is taking an active role in FE. He just finished repainting the boat and will be installing electronics soon. So, we may have yet another member in the near term.

Diego, did you call Phil??? I'm sure he'd be interested in coming out, meeting everyone, and getting involved. After all, he's been running electrics with the Old Dominion guys for a very long time.

BTW, to answer the insurance question, you get insurance for any pond you run in including damage to property and personal injury. What it won't insure is damage to your boats. I like that it is any pond vice only 'approved' ponds when compared to IMPBA.

Diegoboy
04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I just shot Phil a text. :ohmy: I can't believe I forgot to call him! I hope it's not too late to squeeze it in his schedule.
Meniscus, if you wish to attend, I'll save you a seat at the table and put you on speaker!

runzwithsizorz
04-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Hitting the highway now, maybe a couple of minutes late, save some food.

egneg
04-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Getting ready ... I will be there at 10:00.

Diegoboy
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Great meeting. Let's get started on the official name.

egneg
04-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Fast
Atlantic
Racing
Team

dirtysouth31
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Fast
Atlantic
Racing
Team

think you nailed it chuck :laugh:

Diegoboy
04-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I still vote for the name we all discussed during the meeting. In honor of my favorite boat name by RMZDaddy

Passin' Gas Fast Electrics

http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/data/500/HPIM04971.JPG

thegreat1
04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
what about something like fluid motion? kinda like the redline thing idk just a thought. i also do like passin gas alot lol

runzwithsizorz
04-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Fast Electrics Atlantic Tidewater Zone
Our FEATZ are wet.

Meniscus
04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I do like FART, but I think the District Manager might scoff! Passin' Gas is good too...

IMHO, we need a name that's fairly general so that it will 1. Last a long time, 2. Not discourage any members to be affiliated.

Great ideas guys, I think we're getting closer. I say, keep them coming. Toss them out here and it may give someone a good idea.

I'll toss one out: I say go simple Tidewater Fast Electrics and other rc boats

Notice the small print so all are welcome whether gas, nitro, scale, wind, or whatever. LOL Another idea is Chesapeake Bay FE. The Bay covers an even larger area, but I'd prefer Tidewater personally. Same could be said about Hampton Roads, which is about the same to me.

You have my $.02, now let's see some more ideas! :thumbup1: :popcorn2:

Diegoboy
04-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Shock Therapy Racing Team

Meniscus
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Shock Therapy Racing Team

LOL, a pond owner might not care if we have insurance with that name! :laugh:

ABOVE - Accelerated Boats Of Virginia - Electric <= I know it's poor, but I'm tossing out ideas hoping someone else will come up with a good idea! I still like simple TFE.

Meniscus
04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
How about On Edge Racing - RC Boat Club

Is there some company out there that this is too close to?

Fluid Mechanics?

Diegoboy
04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
ICU Racing (Internal Combustion Upgrade)

Meniscus
04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
:laugh: Funny!

Here are some terms I could come up with to include the most letters I could think of:

EDIT: Moved to word file => 25349

Ideas of how to combine them? :thumbup1: => I like the term Shoal.

Diegoboy
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
I like ICU Racing

egneg
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I stopped by the larger pond that we have permission to run on and took some pics. Sorry for the quality as it was with my cell phone. The water level has come up quite a bit and it is more than large enough to do whatever we want.

thegreat1
04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Tidewater Aquatic Super Stars Electric Style

Diegoboy
04-26-2010, 10:32 PM
ICU (I see you) LOL

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 06:56 AM
I guess it's Egneg now taking up valuable space with the "quote" LOL

egneg
04-27-2010, 07:34 AM
I guess it's Egneg now taking up valuable space with the "quote" LOL

You got me there - I will fix that right now. :sorry:

runzwithsizorz
04-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Could use some advice/input. Was wanting to run most of what I have on 4s1p, or 2p. Have pretty much decided on the Neu Castle 2200kv for it will fit the mount in my Titan34,where as the 580L won’t. Also, I believe it’s a much better motor than the Feigao. Someone in the swap shop is selling a Neu Castle 2650kv, I realize that at 4s2p this motor may be a bit high on rpm’s, but hey, it’s only $85! What say you?

Meniscus
04-27-2010, 09:44 AM
The only concern is whether or not the motor will be able to spin up. Keep in mind that with the higher RPMs, you'll need to run a smaller prop.

I believe that you are correct about the kv being a little high. To give you a comparison, I was looking at running similar kv on my Viper (hydro) and on my Matrix (rigger). For my setups on 4s1p, this is more in line with SAWS and would push the limit of appropriate RPM.

I don't have any experience with that motor, but it is important that it has the torque to spin up. Otherwise, you will likely generate a lot of heat and have major cavitation while getting up on plane.

I think you may be best served to get additional input from some of the guys that run monos more. I'm sure Chuck could provide some good input, but as for me, I have almost no experience with the monos.

I know this is not the answer that you were looking for. I wish I could help more. Ask Diego what Jay Turner ran in his monos. I believe he's had discussions with him at length about his setups.

runzwithsizorz
04-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I could just buy some 3s batts, but 3s won't work with anything else I have, (yet, that mini eco on 3s would be a blast) Guess I'll wait on the swap shops, or shake the money tree, Thanks

Meniscus
04-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Todd, the other possibility is you may be able to borrow one of our motors to try. I'm going to let Danny borrow a 2300kv motor to test his mono out. After he's done with it, you are more than welcome to test with it. I'll look and see what else I have.

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Guys,
I'd like to get started on the NAMBA forms, but we still need an official club name. Let's agree on what's been posted or toss more ideas out please.
Meniscus, Please try to get in touch with Phil as you are the only one who spoke with and met him already. Thanks

Meniscus
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
You got it!

runzwithsizorz
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Model Boaters Of Atlantic Tidewater?

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
GREAT NEWS! My Viper will be starting her return trip home on Monday!

egneg
04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
GREAT NEWS! My Viper will be starting her return trip home on Monday!

Great ... new club name - "Return Of The Viper"

:banana:

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
I like it. I don't think it works though.

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Team Tidewater

Meniscus
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Danny, that is truly wonderful and a long time coming.

That's great for you! Horrible for me! LOL

Any word on anything else? I guess that also makes me the only one without a Neu.

Team Tidewater

I like that. Simple, to the point, and locality based.

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
It'll ALL be on the way Monday

thegreat1
04-27-2010, 09:52 PM
team tidwater is good for me.

and meniscus you aren't the only with neu lol

Meniscus
04-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Is "team" appropriate? I'm wondering if that implies race team which may or may not be suitable as a club name. I'm not saying it is one way or another, but simply drawing attention to it.

What about Tidewater RC?

Diegoboy
04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
RC implies other forms such as cars, planes, helis, etc...

Meniscus
04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I know. I was thinking with the advent of Tidewater, it may suffice. I was also thinking that it would allow air boats, etc. if folks felt so inclined.

Looking at it again, I'm inclined to agree with you.

What's your idea? I guess Tidewater Model Boats, Tidewater Model Boat Club, or Tidewater RC Boat Club could all work. I don't really care as long as everyone is and feels welcome, whether it be gas, nitro, electric, scale, or air power boats.

I guess no one liked Fluid Mechanics! LOL

Correction, I said I don't really care, but I do. I don't want to wear a pink shirt or for that matter, coral color either. LMAO! Sorry, but I had to say it.

Diegoboy
04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Hydroelectric racers

Meniscus
04-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I like that!!!

Give me a call. I've got some other stuff to discuss with you.

egneg
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Danny - do you have the logo ready for Cape Henry - if not send me the PS file and I will make the changes.

dirtysouth31
04-29-2010, 06:22 AM
"team OSE"

im sure steve wouldnt mind

Diegoboy
04-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Danny - do you have the logo ready for Cape Henry - if not send me the PS file and I will make the changes.

It's now in your email inbox!

Diegoboy
04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Thank you Meniscus for the gift you gave me. I will put it to good use right away.

Meniscus
04-30-2010, 01:36 AM
No problem. I just realized when I was moving stuff around that the Cuda 80 that I intended for you to test with is still in my possession! Funny really, especially since I just asked you if you had had the chance to test it.

Maybe you could snag it tomorrow if you're available. Perhaps we could do a test in the Greenbrier pond. I want to try a different prop on the Mini Sea Drifter. I'm still waiting on that other ESC to come in before I try the Lehner in the Matrix or the 6XL in the Viper. I haven't laid out the bullet connectors yet. If I do end up with extras, I will let you know.

Do you put male ends on the leads from the motor?

Diegoboy
04-30-2010, 07:53 AM
yes

egneg
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Ben I have 2 of the 3 props done. The V935 though has to be about the worst casting I have ever seen! Is there any chance that you can exchange it?

Meniscus
05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Very cool Chuck. I have to agree with you about the casting. They had 4 and that was the best one. I'm likely going to go there tomorrow to address the 5.5 Castle bullets that don't even fit inside of each other. I guess all of the US stuff is going to crap! LOL ...not that I'm implying it's any different anywhere else!

Let me see what I can manage. For now, I say don't worry about trying to do anything with it. Meanwhile, I still have that decal for you. We didn't think about it at the pond.

thegreat1
05-11-2010, 08:48 PM
ok so after seeing some real racing this weekend i realized that we REALLY need to get our ish together. i want to race but those odmba guy's boat were WAY too loud lol. so where do i sign up and what classes do my boats fall into?

Meniscus
05-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Jeremy, I think we're stuck at the name for the club. From there, we can get the NAMBA paperwork completed, so forth and so on.

Let's wrap up the name and get moving. What do you say guys?

cybercrxt
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I sure wish you guys would just join ODMBA so there would be more FE boats running. IMPBA believe it or not, is making great strides to try and get FE fit in as best as it can. If enough people would get into FE, there will be stand alone classes for it. You really have to start intermixing the nitro and FE boats first, that way as the newcomers to FE get started, more and more will get involved, and eventually, you can have your own classes. It will be the same way for Namba in this area too. I know all the guys at ODMBA enjoy the FE boats that have been running, so please don't feel they will frown or anything. Most all of those guys there will sooner or later give FE a try if it becomes more commonplace, I am pretty sure they have the cash to do so. Its just a new thing, and it takes time. Heck, I started out doing big Nitro boats, and made a complete 180 and do nothing but FE now. I'm just saying, give it a try, the organization they have in place is great, they are great people, and they gave me a shot! I drive 2.5 hours to get there, and it doesn't bother me once I get lake side!

On another note, I saw in one of the first pages, you guys were discussing micro FE boats and someone posted videos. I will say, that was fast as hell, but the thing you gotta remember, it gets windy around here, and rough, and running small boats like that, while they may do 60+mph by themselves, in a race condition, with water kicked up, you would have a lot of upside down boats. That is the main reason I am jumping up to a 30" P-spec tunnel as I have doubts my 28" tunnel would really handle really rough conditions. Just food for thought. Its so much different running with others in an oval, then just play running alone. I played around at my local pond for 2.5 years, and never realized what a big difference there is!

Anyways, you all seem like a good bunch of guys, and run FE which I like. I have met Chuck, and thegreat1. I do hope you will at least ponder it some. Just remember, most of our FE boats are a tad faster than their nitro counterparts..so it is kinda fun! haha. Take care and good luck, and if you end up having a NAMBA sponsored lake, and events, I will join your club so I have 2 outlets for running. Mike

runzwithsizorz
05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
I've tried to come up with a name that was cute, or creative, and maybe logo friendly, but I guess it should just be something simple that states who we are, and where we are. I really like the use of Tidewater, for it is a LARGE area, (inclusive), and not nearly as confined as say, Chesapeake, or Virginia Beach, etc, nor is it confusing like the term, Old Dominion, or common wealth, (just where the heck are those two anyway?). I like the idea of adding Atlantic, or Virginia, cuz if I had read about Tidewater back when I was in California, I’d have thought, hmmm Mississippi? By dropping fast from the name you are also being more inclusive, maybe someone has a 3, or 4 foot battleship, submarine, or something, speaking just for myself, I’d like to see them. By using R/C, remote control, or electric, you are farther defining us, unlike the word, “model”, which, it’s a stretch, but, someone might think to mean mantle piece, unfortunately for me that would be true. Wife wants me to add a jib, and sail to the SV27 on the mantle, says it would match better the décor. Is the word “club” really inclusive? So, IMHO, the key words to describe who, and what we are is, -------
R/C BOATERS OF ATLANTIC TIDEWATER ZONE, R/C BOATZ
You just knew I’d have to sneak a Z in there didn’t you? It could be dropped.
My work here is done, talk amongst yourselves.

Meniscus
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I sure wish you guys would just join ODMBA so there would be more FE boats running. IMPBA believe it or not, is making great strides to try and get FE fit in as best as it can. If enough people would get into FE, there will be stand alone classes for it. You really have to start intermixing the nitro and FE boats first, that way as the newcomers to FE get started, more and more will get involved, and eventually, you can have your own classes. It will be the same way for Namba in this area too. I know all the guys at ODMBA enjoy the FE boats that have been running, so please don't feel they will frown or anything. Most all of those guys there will sooner or later give FE a try if it becomes more commonplace, I am pretty sure they have the cash to do so. Its just a new thing, and it takes time. Heck, I started out doing big Nitro boats, and made a complete 180 and do nothing but FE now. I'm just saying, give it a try, the organization they have in place is great, they are great people, and they gave me a shot! I drive 2.5 hours to get there, and it doesn't bother me once I get lake side!

On another note, I saw in one of the first pages, you guys were discussing micro FE boats and someone posted videos. I will say, that was fast as hell, but the thing you gotta remember, it gets windy around here, and rough, and running small boats like that, while they may do 60+mph by themselves, in a race condition, with water kicked up, you would have a lot of upside down boats. That is the main reason I am jumping up to a 30" P-spec tunnel as I have doubts my 28" tunnel would really handle really rough conditions. Just food for thought. Its so much different running with others in an oval, then just play running alone. I played around at my local pond for 2.5 years, and never realized what a big difference there is!

Anyways, you all seem like a good bunch of guys, and run FE which I like. I have met Chuck, and thegreat1. I do hope you will at least ponder it some. Just remember, most of our FE boats are a tad faster than their nitro counterparts..so it is kinda fun! haha. Take care and good luck, and if you end up having a NAMBA sponsored lake, and events, I will join your club so I have 2 outlets for running. Mike

Mike, I've been out to the races and I have no problem with the ODMBA guys. My issues are related to what classes we can run with what we have available. It is tough to get a new boater interested in dumping $800-$1000 into the larger classes. That coupled with extended runtimes due to warm-up laps, means we have to spend some serious money in batteries.

The concept, at least as I understood it, is that if we had a NAMBA club, we could specify smaller classes. I understand your concern about small boats and choppy water, but I have a few that will do around 40mph in the rough stuff and stable for the wind. The main goal we all have is new members. If we can get someone on the water around $125, then a lot more people would participate. At the same time, we could accommodate the RTR stuff into it's own class.

When it comes to the spec classes, I understand that the intention is to level the playing field and keep the cost minimal. My issue is, why should I buy a motor or ESC for $60 ea. when I can buy a cheap motor for $20-25 and an ESC at less than $1 an amp. It's as simple as, I can provide 3 boats for newbies to drive for $300 or $1200.

The last concept was that we could use other ponds available to include those that do not want the noise. We certainly will welcome the combustion guys to a designated pond, but it is much easier to have a place to run that allows electric. Coupled with insurance for any pond, that is what has attracted me to the NAMBA stuff in addition to the race classes available.

In my mind, if you can translate the sport boating into some classes and allow for less battery requirements, then we could get more participation.

I'm just throwing the ideas out there and some of the concepts that some have discussed. If we can figure out how to make it so I have even a single boat that I could run with the ODMBA guys, then I'd certainly entertain. After all, combined is better than nothing. As it stands now, with the classes identified, I can run my No Step I as P-mono and it only does 38mph tops, even less in rough water, at almost half the size of the other P-Monos. That is out of over a dozen boats I own. I don't have any spec motors anymore and am not inclined to buy one when I could have a 180A ESC for the price. Maybe I'll just do SAWS which happens only in Elizabeth City if I'm not mistaken.

If we are going to be asked to tune down our boats due to extra speed, then that's fine, but I'm going to need more battery. Plus, if we're going to be asked to tune down the boats anyway, then why do we have to run spec motors?

Personally, I like the way they do it in Europe where they limit the battery weight. Everything will come down to setting up the hull and conditions on the day of the race.

Enough said, but wanted to share some thoughts.

cybercrxt
05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, it sounds like you guys have some definate thinking to do. Just keep plugging at it. Elizabeth City/ Fun Junction is where the SAWs are held twice a year. That is where I set my world record in Q-O/b Tunnel. Mike

Chilli
05-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I know I'm on the other end of the state so if you guys want me to bud out I will. But I just want to give you guys some food for thought. I'm just curious as to what it is that NAMBA is providing for you that IMPBA cannot (other than more flexible pond insurance)? Also more important than the name of your club, what is your mission or ultimate goal. You guys have one of the most active R/C boating clubs on the east coast at your doorstep and I don't understand why you guys are turning your back on them without even joining and trying to make an impact. Ben, I thought you posted a month or two back that you were at a local shop with some ODMBA racers and that they seemed receptive to the idea of low cost classes.

In a little over a year, we have gone from zero FE racers in the district up to almost ten. We have at least four guys that are coming over from the nitro side. We have four IMPBA FE records on the books. And the president of your local club runs a FE Tunnel. All this and the first district race of the season hasnt even taken place yet. Whether NAMBA or IMPBA, national rules don't mean squat if your running a district race. You can make up your own rules. And thats what I did in D12. And the D12 rules don't mean squat at ODMBA club races. As a matter of fact when ODMBA runs it's district race, they can run any additional classes they want so long as they run all classes in the district points series. My guess is that if you join the club and show up with three rubber duckies, they will let you run them.

Look, I don't like some of the FE rules that I composed (and plagiarized), but they got our foot in the door. My interim goal for this year is just to give FE's as much exposure as possible. My ultimate goal is to run separate FE classes so we can dump the "detune" and "dead boat" rules. If your goal is to race smaller, low cost boats, go for it. You can create a class to suit Team Fear. Don't want one mile heats? No problem, you can run half laps around the start bouy or run four lap heats. ODMBA already has all the infrastructure to make it happen. With guidance from Doug and support from you guys, we accomplised allot in one year. Look at the respect Chuck has earned in just the last two months. If we all stick together, just imagine the impact we can make in the future. We in the RC boating community are like a small school of fish, if we stay in a tight ball, we will thrive. If we start breaking off from the school, the whole school will eventually be toast!

Thanks for listening guys. I wish you success no matter what you decide. Have a great weekend and run some boats!!! I'm going stiper fishing!

Mike (aka Chilli):rockon2:

cybercrxt
05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Well said Chilli. I will tell you, we have a big opportunity to do something huge with FE being associated with ODMBA. They have been doing this for like 30 years! The club president, Dick Loeb, never touched an FE till I met him, and he holds 3 FE tunnel records now...and NO nitro records. He handed me his aeromarine mono at the end of last race and asked me to build him a mono to run as FE!!!! So you tell me how many volumes that speaks. He is 62 and has only done nitro and gas his whole life, and he won't admit it yet, but he loves FE.

I think the Team FEAR can exist as a group that races together under ODMBA, I think that is awesome actually. Its like the Tunnel Boat Mafia out of florida, its a bunch of guys that race together and believe me, people know their name. You guys could do the same thing, and make a name for yourselves really easy.

I dunno, if you guys are really doing this to be a few friends that hang out and just have fun, then come join ODMBA and lets get together as a group and grow. If you are truly wanting to hold club races, have insurance, be backed by NAMBA, etc. etc., then go for it. I will tell you tho, there is a lot more to it than just that. You need a surveyed lake where the buoys are set to NAMBA rules, you need starting software, microphone, speakers, someone who can keep up with the points totals, etc. There is a LOT to it. I just really got to thinking about what all went into it at the last race. I watched and saw how much work Dick Loeb and his wife had to do to prepare for the race. You need a retrieval boat with some sort of gas/ trolling motor, at dock down to the waters edge (if its steep), possible drivers stand. Dang, its giving me a headache to think of all this and write it down!

I am not trying to knock this, I just really would love to see more boaters at the races, and at the practice runs. I love conversating with the club members I guess, and the more FE boaters, the cooler it will be!

Anyways, happy Friday, I'm outta here! Mike

Doug Smock
05-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Excellent last two posts fellas.
The Atlanta Model Boaters is a great example that the three power classes can live in perfect harmony. Three years ago a small band of FE guys found themselves without a place to run. I contacted the AMB, and now three years later we are running FIVE FE classes in the district series.
We have four gas guys running FE boats, two FE guys running gas boats it's all good. Boats is boats.
The ODBMA has some of the best racers in the hobby, the club is sound, the work is done. Pay your dues, show up on "clean up day" and go have some fun!!

However it ends up for you guys, I too wish you the best of luck!
Be safe and enjoy the hobby,
Doug

Meniscus
05-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Well, I can say that, at least for me, I'm very interested. It's just a little discouraging since I don't have anything that will meet the current classes. That's my main issue. Then there's the issue of a small class. When I first got back into the hobby, luckily there were a few local guys who could help me get started.

I did mention that there is a buzz about local FE. I would like to see a small class.

Are the ODMBA local classes posted somewhere? All I'm aware of is the official IMPBA rules. If you look back at my post, I do recognize that its better to combine efforts and I'm all for it. I hope you understand that if I put forth the effort myself, it would be nice to run something and not just an exhibition fun run.

Meanwhile, I think very soon here, between Chuck, Danny, and I, we will have three 24-27" hydros, three 24-27" riggers, and I've got 3 catamarans ranging from 24-30" that could race together with a little bit of building effort.

In micro riggers, Danny has a Renegade @ 16" and a Holc at roughly 15.5". I have a Renegade and a Batrax at 16.5. I own two minicat micro hydros and it would be cheap to pickup BBY micro hydros @ $30. It's easy to buy Mystery stuff for a cheap build. Only real cost is lipos and since HK starting carrying appropriate sizes in higher C ratings.

I hope you're seeing my point here. I want to make it happen, but I'd like the opportunity to include collective interests of the local folks without costing an arm and leg.

egneg
05-15-2010, 03:19 PM
The guys at ODMBA have been very good to Mike and I and will fit whatever boat(s) you have in somewhere. I have had a great time at both open water and the races and they love to see the electric boats run ... even the waveshark rescue boat. Here is a quote from an email I received from Dick Loeb ...

"We will put in electrics where applicable, sail powered hydroplanes, turbines, nuclear powered, steam and what ever else you can dream up!"

:thumbup1:

Now I will go back to conformal coating some RX's

egneg
05-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Well, I can say that, at least for me, I'm very interested. It's just a little discouraging since I don't have anything that will meet the current classes. That's my main issue. Then there's the issue of a small class. When I first got back into the hobby, luckily there were a few local guys who could help me get started.

I did mention that there is a buzz about local FE. I would like to see a small class.

Are the ODMBA local classes posted somewhere? All I'm aware of is the official IMPBA rules. If you look back at my post, I do recognize that its better to combine efforts and I'm all for it. I hope you understand that if I put forth the effort myself, it would be nice to run something and not just an exhibition fun run.

Meanwhile, I think very soon here, between Chuck, Danny, and I, we will have three 24-27" hydros, three 24-27" riggers, and I've got 3 catamarans ranging from 24-30" that could race together with a little bit of building effort.

In micro riggers, Danny has a Renegade @ 16" and a Holc at roughly 15.5". I have a Renegade and a Batrax at 16.5. I own two minicat micro hydros and it would be cheap to pickup BBY micro hydros @ $30. It's easy to buy Mystery stuff for a cheap build. Only real cost is lipos and since HK starting carrying appropriate sizes in higher C ratings.

I hope you're seeing my point here. I want to make it happen, but I'd like the opportunity to include collective interests of the local folks without costing an arm and leg.

Have you tried to contact anyone from ODMBA or are you just talking about what you have in mind for how things should work. If you want to make it happen join the club ... the registration fee is not that much - $25.00.

Meniscus
05-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I've talked to the guys a few times before. I'm not concerned about the cost. I'm very glad to hear that they are willing to find a place for me to run my boats. That is very encouraging. Meanwhile, I thought I was going to have to explain to my wife that I'm part of this RC group where I can't run one of my boats. She'd look at me and say, what's the point of participating if you aren't going to participate.

I will certainly give it a try.

Will ODMBA make allowances for SAWS? Even just one a year, perhaps in between the Elizabeth City races. What body of water do they use for the SAWS? Is it completely freshwater or is there any salinity? The bodies of water that I can think of are big, rough, and have a higher salt content.

dirtysouth31
05-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Have you tried to contact anyone from ODMBA or are you just talking about what you have in mind for how things should work. If you want to make it happen join the club ... the registration fee is not that much - $25.00.

:sarcasm1:

:rofl:

thegreat1
05-22-2010, 11:29 PM
hey chuck for me right now rc's are only if i find time. i will be able to contribute alot more once my wife returns from deployment. oh btw did that h/w make it to you yet? the pickle told me she is ready to get wet.

thegreat1

egneg
05-23-2010, 09:05 AM
hey chuck for me right now rc's are only if i find time. i will be able to contribute alot more once my wife returns from deployment. oh btw did that h/w make it to you yet? the pickle told me she is ready to get wet.

thegreat1

Jeremy, I have the hardware - it came in a couple of days ago. I deleted the post above because I was a bit upset at the time and should have counted to 10 first.

Meniscus
05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Seems pretty calm water out my way. I'm thinking about trying my Matrix on the new setup in the Greenbrier pond by my place. I just have do charge some batteries and solder bullets on the power analyzer.

Wife is sick today and I'm taking care of her. I guess that means I'm going to stick close to the house if she needs something.

Are you guys running today? I've tried calling Danny for the last few days without an answer. Has anyone else talked to him?

Meniscus
05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, so much for that idea...as the thunder rolls in and begins pouring. Such is life I guess.

egneg
05-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Ben the turn fin that I got with the CF plate is to small for the shovel so I will throw it in with the props that I have for you.

Meniscus
05-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks Chuck. I have the one that came off of my No Step 1. I never put it on that hydro I was thinking about. You're more than welcome to see if it will work for you. I'll measure it if you want.

Well, I didn't get around to testing the Matrix today, but I plan to tomorrow after I get home from work. Last test she broke 50. This test, she should break 60. Next test after prop up, over 70s :thumbup1:. You've got to have goals I guess. Now I'll hope that everything holds together.

Diegoboy
05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry Chuck & guys.
I have recently found my 16yo daughter that I havent seen or heard from for 14 years. She lives in Chesapeake right now and she has occupied all my remaining free time.

Sorry if I havent been around to participate in either IMPBA or forming the new group.

Danny

Meniscus
05-25-2010, 11:10 AM
That's great Diego! I'm glad to hear that you're getting the opportunity to spend time with her before she's 20 and the opportunity has passed. Where are the pictures of your grinning proud face?

dirtysouth31
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Sorry Chuck & guys.
I have recently found my 16yo daughter that I havent seen or heard from for 14 years. She lives in Chesapeake right now and she has occupied all my remaining free time.

Sorry if I havent been around to participate in either IMPBA or forming the new group.

Danny

gotta be awkward explaining which ones the wife :spy:

Diegoboy
05-25-2010, 08:16 PM
gotta be awkward explaining which ones the wife :spy:

not really, I just say "The mature one is my Daughter" :zip-up:

Meniscus
05-26-2010, 09:27 PM
not really, I just say "The mature one is my Daughter" :zip-up:

That is hilarious!!!

dirtysouth31
05-26-2010, 09:28 PM
lol

Meniscus
06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
It's a sad day as shipping claimed another life.

Here she is, the Batrax, and the last one in existence:

27266 27268 27269

After a year or so, I feel like I lost a good friend I never got the opportunity to spend time with in person. :mellow:

Here's a picture of her, early in life:

Diegoboy
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss. That looks devistating to say the least.

egneg
06-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Bummer ... whats all the green stuff?

HOTWATER
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
It's a sad day as shipping claimed another life.

Here she is, the Batrax, and the last one in existence:

27266 27268 27269

After a year or so, I feel like I lost a good friend I never got the opportunity to spend time with in person. :mellow:

Here's a picture of her, early in life:

That sucks! Man, you guys need to sell off some of your smaller boats, buy a bigger boat and come out and race in Dist. 12...C'mon...the waters fine!!! Seriously, it would be good to see you guys out there (IMPBA)...You can do this!!!

-Kent

dirtysouth31
06-03-2010, 08:16 PM
paint and alot of it,looks like

Meniscus
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
LOL, it does look like a lot of paint, but Walter works in an auto painting shop and it's not nearly as thick as it looks. Before he sent her to me, he reglassed it, smoothed it all out, and did a great job on the paint. Here's a picture of the hull in it's entirety. I'm thinking that the thing to do is lay fiberglass on the inside and put CF on the outside, just for the last 4 inches of the tub.

27321 Sorry, the camera on my phone sucks, LOL! You may not be able to tell, but the hatch is CF.

Note that although this has similar characteristics of the Xzess 1, she was built before H&M made their prototype. One can only assume that they noted the records these and similar hulls were setting and adapted the design.

Meniscus
06-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Well, I ran the Matrix today on the 6XL and advanced timing. This was a first for this motor and ESC combo. She ran in the 60's easy, but she's still running wet and super stable in the chop. Prop is still small and in the straights, the motor wound up in about half a second. Temps were only warm at 1 minute mark. I think a larger prop is in order and raise the strut. I may try more pitch, but that's TBD. It's just nice to see something run well on the follow-on test. If you recall, the last test was around 52 or so. At least I'm headed in the right direction.

Mid 60's is next!

dirtysouth31
06-14-2010, 07:10 PM
up^

Meniscus
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Dirty, I've still got that file to send to you as soon as you give me your email.

dirtysouth31
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
tartar sauce

egneg
07-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Team Fear = Team Never Happened. :ThumbsDown01: