PDA

View Full Version : Team FEAR (south east Virginia)

Pages : 1 [2]

dirtysouth31
07-09-2010, 06:45 AM
wow cant say i didnt see this coming chuck

HOTWATER
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
With no one else besides you in team FEAR, that would make you Team FEARLESS...

Chuck, just keep doing things for yourself...that's what I am doing! Can't wait till the Chesapeake race! It will be good to meet you and hang out with Chilli Mike, Dick and Carol Loeb, Tracy Dolphin, Carl, Robin and all the rest of the VA gang again!! Had alot of fun at DELMARVA!!

-Kent

dirtysouth31
07-09-2010, 09:07 PM
fearless now thats catchy

Meniscus
07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Lame.

What do you expect? Sorry I haven't made it out last 2 times that I've known about due to gigs and I'm trying to make ends meet. If you remember Chuck, I specifically asked you to at least call me and let me know when a practice was going on and you were going. No call. Do you remember me coming out with my wife to support you at the pond? I guess that doesn't show any participation either?

Meanwhile, I've been trying to obtain a spec motor so that I can run something under the rules/classes that have been put forth. I haven't been able to make that happen as of yet and I don't have a $1,000 mono setup to play. I planned to come out to a practice to at least meet everyone and run something for fun, but no call.

At the same time, here I am doing what I can to participate by getting my Matrix on the water and posting updates. Did I get any response from the "Team"? No. No encouragement, no camaraderie, no communication. Which brings me back to the beginning of this post: What do you expect?

I have to say I am motivated to come out to the practice where I could run something, even for fun. I'll also say I'm not motivated to come to a race just to watch everyone else have fun with their boats while I'm not allowed to participate.

So, the way I see it, there's two ways to look at this: Either you're being bitter and lashing out because everyone isn't living up to your expectations, Or you are genuinely interested in having your friends join you and have some fun. If it's the latter, then communicate when things are going on to provide us the opportunity to do so if we possibly can. You've said yourself that you don't make it to everything due to conflicts so there's no reason to judge anyone else for the same. Without the communication an opportunity, then I for one don't know when things are going on.

But I wouldn't go out degrading others while they are trying to support your racing endeavors.

Chuck, I have no problem with you or your interests in the hobby. However, I do not appreciate your insinuations that I am not supporting your efforts. Perhaps I'm coming off a little strong, but it's that simple.

Too much drama. Let me know when there's a practice and I'll do my best to be there if you're interested in having a FE friend come along.

On a different note:
For my personal interests, I'd like to try my hand at some SAWS events. I think that could be a lot of fun for me. Since ODMBA doesn't host any SAWS events to my knowledge, I guess that means I'll have to go to Elizabeth City. Is anyone else interested in SAWS?

egneg
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I never asked anyone to support "MY" efforts. ODMBA practices most every weekend at Indian River. Because of the way things are now you can't run unless you belong to the IMPBA and ODMBA (unless it's a IMPBA sanctioned race). These rules were put forth by the city of Chesapeake and the School Board. Then there is the Cape Henry club (remember you did join the club). They run at Diamond lake almost every Sunday and there are going to be more FE boats - both riggers and monos. And as far as spec motors go there have been dozens on the swap shop, also Diego had a UL-1 combo listed not to long ago. I put forth the effort to get to both clubs when I can as I have been very busy myself. I really don't have the time to make calls,plan get-togethers, around various schedules. I never said anything about any one person, all I said was the team never happened and I share the blame equally. So if you choose to jump on my case because you don't agree with the rules and how things are so be it.

Diegoboy
07-10-2010, 01:43 PM
There is too much tension off the race pond, I can't imaging what it'd be like on the race pond.
I think I'll just "play" with the boats I build...

Chuck, I wish you the best in the ODMBA, you'll do great things and surly one day be an RC boating legend. I hope to see you at the pond once in a while my friend.

Ben, I can assure you with your inquisitive mind and always questioning everything, you may one day revolutionalize hull designs in some way. Keep it up my friend. I'm sure we'll see each other at the pond.

Thegreat1 & Runz, I hope to see you guys at the pond from time to time my friends

Don, Have a great life ol' pal

Enjoy the boats you've built or bought guys!

egneg
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Diego and Meniscus ... when you needed props ... I was there. Diego when you needed the fastec painted ... I was there. Diego when your sister needed help ... I was there. Meniscus when you needed advice and boat parts ... I was there. Diego when the Cape Henry logo needed to be finished ... I was there. When folks asked me questions about where you guys were ... I was there. And now I am the the guy that has caused all the problems?

Diegoboy
07-10-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm not saying anyone is causing problems. You have ALWAYS been there for me and everyone else I have seen. I don't have a competitive boat to race right now. All i could honestly be out there is an obsticle for others.
Untill the 'Viper of zephyer-27 is ready, all I can do is "play" with boats. When either is ready, Watch out!

Diegoboy
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM
...I was just notified that the viper is on her way!!
SWEET

HOTWATER
07-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Guys, all I know for sure is that we have made a breakthrough with FE's running in Dist. 12! Chilli Mike has bent over backwards to make this happen (with the help of Doug Smock). This is a trial year that seems to be going very well...even some of the nitro guys are with this and thinking into the future. We just need some more people out there to fortify FE in general. This is happening NOW!! The future is NOW!!

Chilli
07-11-2010, 01:19 AM
I know not everyone wants the same thing out of this hobby and thats cool. It wasnt the actual racing that got me hooked and drove me (a follower) to take the lead toward getting the FE's racing in the district. It was the comradery that I wanted to be a part of. For me and my boys. This is all about getting people with similar interest together a few times a year and sharing what we enjoy. I saw what a great time all the nitro and gas guys were having together during my first race last year and I said to myself "wouldnt it be great if I could get the FE guys in on this action". Now that our foot is planted solidly in the door and IMO the gowth of FE's in D12 is iminent, my hope is that those on this board that have the opportunty will at least grab a lawn chair and a cooler, and spend a couple hours with us talking FE's and perhaps cheer the racers on. If you end up getting the racing bug and want to join us in the future, that would be awsome. If not, I hope the following year you'll drop by again, say hi and talk FE's with us some more.

Chilli :beerchug:

dirtysouth31
07-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Don, Have a great life ol' pal

:confused2:

Meniscus
07-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Still too much drama.

I don't think anyone jumped your case Chuck. I deeply appreciate what you have done for me personally, whether it be props, advice or just a chat over the phone.

Bottom line is, I'm here to have fun and run boats, simple as that. I've offered to help generate interest in FE in various ways and I've done what I can to do so, including trying to participate with the racing to support local FE as a whole.

We all have different priorities in our lives, different lifestyles, and for that matter different everything. We came together to have fun with boats. I'd like to continue to do so. I don't expect everyone to sing Kumbaya together, but I do expect everyone to treat each other with kindness and respect.

Point is, if you want someone to run boats with, give me a call, post, whatever.

egneg
07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
When the threads for FE running in district 12 were current about a year ago certain folks said they would join and run. If you want I will bring those threads back. If you go back to post #254 I was called out personally ... how should I take it.

P.S. The Octura 1.25 is done.

dirtysouth31
07-11-2010, 09:13 PM
egneg,egneg,egneg,egneg

Meniscus
07-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I was simply addressing your comment on my behalf. I don't think there's any reason to go back in time. I say, let's move forward and have fun with boats.

Let me know what I owe you for the prop services. Thanks!

Doby
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Ladies,,,Ladies....

Sounds like an episode of the "Real Housewives of Virginia":rofl:

Doug Smock
07-12-2010, 04:51 PM
OK, EVERYBODY TAKE A DEEP CLEANSING BREATH!!!!

Ok good. Feel better??? Great!!!!:hug1:

Now, get yourselves entered in a D-12 race and go beat the crap out of each other.:buttrock::laugh:

Don't sweat the small stuff fellas!!!;)

Doug :beerchug:

egneg
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
:iagree: I am done with this thread. You can find me at the races!

hazegry
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey guys I am in the area I know Chuck and Diego. I am new to FE but if you want to talk boats let me know. I have a mono and 2 riggers I am working on and I am trying to get a tunnel hull together for p spec racing with ODMBA. I am waiting on parts for all my boats but the mono should be done soon.

Chilli
07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Jason, Do you thing you'll have a boat ready by the D12 race??

I'm getting ready to start a spec tunnel build for the Chesapeake race next month.

I'm up in Northern VA but come down to Tidewater at least once a year. I ran boats with Chuck when I visited last year.

Mike (aka Chilli)

HOTWATER
07-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Jason, are you an IMPBA member? If so, you should definately try and make the dist. 12 race next month! It would be a great thing for you to be a part of!!

-Kent

hazegry
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I am going to join the IMPBA and I am trying to be ready by that race its going to be close I put my Demon rigger up for sale so I can build a spec tunnel so maybe we can race together nautiboyz

hazegry
07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
anybody going out to the races tomorrow? I will be out there if its not raining.

Diegoboy
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
OMG, She's lookin' good. http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04262.gif
(my BBY Zephyer 27)

http://a.imageshack.us/img440/2928/picture004jy.jpg

hazegry
08-06-2010, 04:00 PM
oooooooooooooo nice hope Randy added the 10 pounds of lead I asked him to

Diegoboy
08-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I think he forgot that!

I did not have time yesterday to post this. Wing in place.
http://a.imageshack.us/img529/381/picture005yu.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/picture005yu.jpg/)
Rear view to be glued today after I get the nuts.
http://a.imageshack.us/img153/5280/picture006sa.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/picture006sa.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

hazegry
08-10-2010, 02:01 PM
sweet danny

dirtysouth31
08-16-2010, 07:20 PM
still have after couple of years in fridge

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab309/riggerchaser/IMAG0110.jpg

Diegoboy
08-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow, I wouldn't drink it now. Just to be safe.