PDA

View Full Version : Rio Roses?

illz302
02-21-2010, 03:05 AM
Hey guys I was thinking of building my AQ Rio EP but would the Rio Roses hull shown here--http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=Aero-Rio-Roses
be a better fit for a 40+ mph FE??? Also has anyone had any personal experience with this hull?

Steven Vaccaro
02-21-2010, 11:17 PM
The rio is a good straight running boat. Because its so narrow, turning isnt its strong point.

illz302
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
hmm interesting thanks Steve!

Jesse J
02-23-2010, 10:57 AM
The rio is a good straight running boat. Because its so narrow, turning isnt its strong point.

which is scale! the full size ones spin out regularly! Gorgeous boat and probably better for the scale-minded than the racer - unless it were a scale class of these cigarette boats.... :w00t:

illz302
02-23-2010, 11:51 AM
unless it were a scale class of these cigarette boats.... :w00t:

Jesse thats a great idea now that scale rock crawlers are big and scale boats are growing and the short course trucks are gaining populatiry at an alarming rate scale is the new thing maybe i should try to start a scale racing league.

That gives me an idea maybe it doesn't turn as well as say a titan 29 or other wider boats but i bet it would turn better than my Rio ep!!!

OshkoshMono
05-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Ya, go for it! My friend had a Rio ep, so I'm not a big fan of the cheaper abs hull after seeing how easy his got messed up. :eek: Plus you'll be less likely to have a blower-over at top speed. IMO....