PDA

View Full Version : The I.R.S.

Rumdog
02-19-2010, 09:01 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_plane_crash_pilot

domwilson
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
This is sad. Name one government entity that insights more fear, distrust, and loathing than the I.R.S.? Illegal Robbery Service.

Doby
02-19-2010, 10:07 AM
And what he did was legal???

Fluid
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
The IRS is a hated organization because it enforces the law - taking money from the citizens. Regardless of how you feel about the organization or its function, crashing an airplane into the building which houses the enforcement division is inexcusable. Innocent people not even asscociated with the IRS were hurt and killed by this nut job. He is no better than a muslim 'suicide bomber' killing infidels for Allah.

His motivation? Clearly it had more to do with insuring that his "manifesto" was read by millions than in punishing the IRS. And like the lock-step group of brain-dead "journalists" always does, it acted irresponsibly by publishing the manifesto.....

Why is this irresponsible? The coward Ted Kaczynski killed and injured 26 innocent Americans - by mail bombs - to forct the media to publish his menifesto rants. Now some other nut job will copycat this recent horrendous, cowardly act. These sad excuses for humans believe that any act is justified if it forwards their own agenda. That is normal in third world countries, not in nations with a functioning rule of law.

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
And what he did was legal???

No, but in a sick, twisted, and perverted way; I can understand his actions.

There are two sides to this coin: One is liberty, and the other is tyranny. The government is eating away at our liberty every day; taxing everything we touch. If they could figure out a way to tax the air you breathe, you can bet some Congressman would be proposing legislation to tax it. What we have now is tyrrany, plain and simple.

We as individuals are powerless against this juggernaut of massive government. We have no real representation anymore. When was the last time YOU talked to your representative? We are once again at the point of “Taxation Without Representation”. Yes, we get to “elect” these bozos, but do they really represent us? No, they see themselves as an elitist, ruling class; far more important than “regular” people, and beholding only to the organizations that fund their campaigns. Groups like the unions, trial lawyers, big business, special interests like the Sierra Club, the global warming fanatics and on, and on, and on… ad naseum.

No, I don’t think the average Joe the Plumber has a voice in this government anymore. While I don’t condone this poor schmuck’s actions, I do understand them. Frustration leads many to do the absurd.

ReddyWatts
02-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Is our lifestyle better now than what most of our parents, grandparents had 50 years ago? We may be taxed more, but if we keep it relative I think life is still better here in the good old USA.

Ub Hauled
02-19-2010, 11:47 AM
This is sad. Name one government entity that insights more fear, distrust, and loathing than the I.R.S.? Illegal Robbery Service.

Some fear the I.N.S. more the the I.R.S.
:tongue_smilie:

domwilson
02-19-2010, 12:05 PM

There are two sides to this coin: One is liberty, and the other is tyranny. The government is eating away at our liberty every day; taxing everything we touch. If they could figure out a way to tax the air you breathe, you can bet some Congressman would be proposing legislation to tax it. What we have now is tyrrany, plain and simple.

We as individuals are powerless against this juggernaut of massive government. We have no real representation anymore. When was the last time YOU talked to your representative? We are once again at the point of “Taxation Without Representation”. Yes, we get to “elect” these bozos, but do they really represent us? No, they see themselves as an elitist, ruling class; far more important than “regular” people, and beholding only to the organizations that fund their campaigns. Groups like the unions, trial lawyers, big business, special interests like the Sierra Club, the global warming fanatics and on, and on, and on… ad naseum.

No, I don’t think the average Joe the Plumber has a voice in this government anymore. While I don’t condone this poor schmuck’s actions, I do understand them. Frustration leads many to do the absurd.

Do I have a twin here?
I don't agree with what this guy did. Maybe he felt it was the only way he would be heard? I'm not in his head nor do I pretend to know his thought processes. But through out history, when people feel oppressed, they will sometimes resort to extremes to achieve freedom and peace of mind....Isn't that how this country was founded?

AndyKunz
02-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Is our lifestyle better now than what most of our parents, grandparents had 50 years ago? We may be taxed more, but if we keep it relative I think life is still better here in the good old USA.

We may have more "stuff" and more "conveniences" but STANDARD of living has obviously gone down.

We used to be able to pay off our homes with a far smaller percentage of our gross pay. Shoot, we used to be able to take home a far larger part of our gross pay. Those who wouldn't work, didn't eat. Those who couldn't work were, as now, taken care of by those who could help.

We "made" wealth when we made "things." Now the things are made in China, and we just "service" one another. Which, I guess, is exactly what the IRS is doing, but it's the kind of "service" you used to have to go to the wrong side of town to get.

Andy

Steven Vaccaro
02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
What this guy did was clearly wrong. Some people break far easier than others. Lots of people these days seem to be having those breakdowns.

We are taxed and fee'd to death. I love the fees :sarcasm1:.
Taxes and fee's are one in the same in my opinion. Mitt Romney claims to have never raised taxes, but did institute a ton of fees. Not sure I can see a difference. :thumbsdown:

Doby
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM

Hope you don't have a pilots liscence:ohmy::ohmy:

RCprince
02-19-2010, 12:22 PM

Totally Disagree, Life was Better in the Good Ole USA, we are living in a carcass of a once great country (the US started dying in late 60's.. Today we just have more trinkets to keep our minds occupied from focusing on the theft and deceit. Both parent have to work, taking away valuable time from child nurturing years ( kids today, terrorize me with their blatant stupidity and apathy along with lack of morals).

What else? let me see, Pensions mostly gone, Health-care, having it is like being a minority or immigrant... you gotta pay for something you can't do anything about... it should be rename to Health extortion. Controlled Recession is just a fail-safe in capitalism. Thereby maintaining continuous profit while reducing the work-force and increase the work-load for lower-wages.

Fifty years ago parent could afford to have their children matriculate to an institution of higher learning. ($555,000 Student-Loan http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748703389004575033063806327030.html).

I can go on...

domwilson
02-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Totally Disagree, Life was Better in the Good Ole USA, we are living in a carcass of a once great country (the US started dying in late 60's.. Today we just have more trinkets to keep our minds occupied from focusing on the theft and deceit. Both parent have to work, taking away valuable time from child nurturing years ( kids today, terrorize me with their blatant stupidity and apathy along with lack of morals).

What else? let me see, Pensions mostly gone, Health-care, having it is like being a minority or immigrant... you gotta pay for something you can't do anything about... it should be rename to Health extortion. Controlled Recession is just a fail-safe in capitalism. Thereby maintaining continuous profit while reducing the work-force and increase the work-load for lower-wages.

Fifty years ago parent could afford to have their children matriculate to an institution of higher learning. ($555,000 Student-Loan http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748703389004575033063806327030.html).

I can go on...

Please do...
We used to have alot of things back then...full service gas stations, Milkmen, A Doctor who knew your name and cared how you felt. Lay away plans, People actually dressed up to go to Sears. Affordable homes, A homeless person (hobo) was what you dressed up as on Halloween and rarely saw on the street. Food wasn't laced with chemicals that you would need a PHD just to pronounce. Aggressive marketing. People weren't so cynical. Lower crime rates. If you got into a fight with someone, you lived long enough to become friends. You knew your neighbors. Children didn't address adults by their first name. Adults acted like adults. You were taught to respect your elders. A school teacher was a trusted figure. Businesses enticed customers, not target them. The government was not so "in your face" and cranking out legislation like McDonald's cranks out burgers. It was a better time....

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Hope you don't have a pilots liscence:ohmy::ohmy:

Actually, I do have a pilot's license, with several different ratings. But remember, I said I did not condone what this clown did; just that in some sick way, I understood why he felt pressured to do something so outrageous.

RCprince
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Please do...
We used to have alot of things back then...full service gas stations, Milkmen, A Doctor who knew your name and cared how you felt. Lay away plans, People actually dressed up to go to Sears. Affordable homes, A homeless person (hobo) was what you dressed up as on Halloween and rarely saw on the street. Food wasn't laced with chemicals that you would need a PHD just to pronounce. Aggressive marketing. People weren't so cynical. Lower crime rates. If you got into a fight with someone, you lived long enough to become friends. You knew your neighbors. Children didn't address adults by their first name. Adults acted like adults. You were taught to respect your elders. A school teacher was a trusted figure. Businesses enticed customers, not target them. The government was not so "in your face" and cranking out legislation like McDonald's cranks out burgers. It was a better time....

and more

Doby
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
OK,,,Ill be keeping my eyes pointed to the sky then,,,,just in case.

ReddyWatts
02-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Do you guys wish you lived back in those days, since it was so much better back then?

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Do you guys wish you lived back in those days, since it was so much better back then?

Yes

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 01:04 PM
OK,,,Ill be keeping my eyes pointed to the sky then,,,,just in case.

Most of the aircraft I fly nowdays do not have fuel tanks or engines, and weigh only 460 pounds. If I hit the side of a building, it probably wouldn't hurt the building much at all.

domwilson
02-19-2010, 01:20 PM

Yes and no. I liked that people were more grounded and thought, on some issues, with a somewhat higher level of civility. But, I didn't like some of the social issues... of those times. Like racial inequality.

ReddyWatts
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok, doc you would be living without this forum, brushless motors, cell phones, HD tv, internet, debit cards, pay at the pump, central air, CNN and the friends you have met on here. Alot of the money we spend these days is on stuff that was not even invented back then.

Dont think I could give it up.

I agree Dom.

m4a1usr
02-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Looks like the left is trying to manipulate this one with their latest spin. And link the Amy Bishop controversy as well. Look out Tea Baggers!

John

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/02/19/it%E2%80%99s-all-the-tea-party%E2%80%99s-fault/

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Ok, doc you would be living without this forum, brushless motors, cell phones, HD tv, internet, debit cards, pay at the pump, central air, CNN and the friends you have met on here. Alot of the money we spend these days is on stuff that was not even invented back then.

I agree Dom.

Maybe so, but my Libelle would be brand-new, I could "See the USA, in my Chevrolet", when the women were straight and the chrome was thick. Made in Japan meant junk. Made in USA meant quality. I could build a go-cart out of 2x4s and baby carrige wheels and ride it down hills with no brakes and no helmets. We didn't have bars on our windows, and I could stay out and play with the other kids 'til bedtime. My dad made special 18" barreled rifles for me to shoot.

I will agree with Dom on the race issues though. I never saw that as a kid (I was born in 1950). My best friend was Jewish and nobody I knew even gave it a second thought. There were a couple of black kids in my school, and again, nobody gave it much thought. It was more important how you did on the arithmetic test than what your skin color was. That said, I grew up in Southern California, not Alabama.

ReddyWatts
02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
My conclusion about the IRS is: “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” (Matthew 22:21)

So why complain about it? I just pay my taxes and go on enjoying life.

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
My conclusion about the IRS is: “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” (Matthew 22:21)

So why complain about it? I just pay my taxes and go on enjoying life.

Why? Beacuse that which you imply is Caesar's (your paper money) is in reality, a receipt for your time and effort; a piece of your life; something for which you invested your work and/or skills. Your life does not belong to Caesar, it belongs to you, and by default; to God. So I don't completely agree with your analogy. I understand the context of Jesus' remarks in Matthew regarding paying taxes unto Caesar, but I see this more as an issue of liberty and tyrrany, not God and Caesar.

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 08:52 PM

I agree Dom.

The ONLY thing I would miss are the friends, even you on the Left. :hug1: I could get along fine without brusheless motors, cell phones (mine has a black and white screen and makes call in AND out - nothing else). I don't have a TV. Yes, I like the Internet, but I got by just fine without it. Debit cards? What's wrong with cash? I used to pay at the pump, after the attendant checked my oil and washed my windows (no squeege, he used cloth rags). CNN? We would ALL be better off without CNN!

domwilson
02-19-2010, 08:57 PM
The ONLY thing I would miss are the friends, even you on the Left. :hug1: I could get along fine without brusheless motors, cell phones (mine has a black and white screen and makes call in AND out - nothing else). I don't have a TV. Yes, I like the Internet, but I got by just fine without it. Debit cards? What's wrong with cash? I used to pay at the pump, after the attendant checked my oil and washed my windows (no squeege, he used cloth rags). CNN? We would ALL be better off without CNN!

So from all these posts I'm taking it that we like the technological advances that we've made but love or miss the social interactions we've enjoyed. I like you guys too....

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Getting :focus: this wories me: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100220/ap_on_bi_ge/us_plane_crash_small_planes

As a General Aviation pilot, I am already bombarded with regulations and restrictions up the wazoo. When the uninformed get ahold of the idea that GA (General Aviation) needs "security", I can only imagine what the morons in the govenment will deem appropriate.

I'm not a terrorist, I just want to fly my planes. One bozo, and that may only be a dream of the past. In 1970, I could fly anywhere (within reason), any time (within reason). Now the unreasonable will dictate. Tyrrany, I tell you, tyrrany!

domwilson
02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Airplanes and cars are both forms of transportation. A suicidal maniac can inflict just as much harm on the freeway during "Rush Hour."

Dr. Jet
02-19-2010, 09:21 PM
When you think about it, a Muslim terrorist driving a fully-loaded fuel tanker truck could be very dangerous. Maybe more dangerous than a moron in a Cessna.

m4a1usr
02-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Getting :focus: this wories me: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100220/ap_on_bi_ge/us_plane_crash_small_planes

As a General Aviation pilot, I am already bombarded with regulations and restrictions up the wazoo. When the uninformed get ahold of the idea that GA (General Aviation) needs "security", I can only imagine what the morons in the govenment will deem appropriate.

I'm not a terrorist, I just want to fly my planes. One bozo, and that may only be a dream of the past. In 1970, I could fly anywhere (within reason), any time (within reason). Now the unreasonable will dictate. Tyrrany, I tell you, tyrrany!

It will never be as an "open sky" ever again like it was in the past. Flight plans and restricted zones have put GA out of the evening sunset flights very common in my past. While I never got my license I have spent many an hour in light aviation with friends and family. I can remember back in the 60's climbing in to a Cessna and cruzing the channel islands only to watch the full moon come up as the evening darkened and then skim the surf on some long straight beach, while the glow of the plankton cast a blue hue in the waves. That is what memories are made of.

My mom was married to Harold Parkhurst, a bush pilot who ran with the likes of Jimmy Angel. They left the states back in the 30's. They thought it was too restrictive then. Imagine what they would think if they could come back from the grave.

John

befu
02-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Hmm.... Lets see, I work, my wife stays at home with the children. She retired from teaching school when she turned 30, so now she home schools them. Correction, we home school them.

We try to have at least one family meal together everyday. All meals are a sit down occasion with prayers.

Meals are home made. By home made, I mean we get raw milk, seperate the cream, make butter and butter milk. We buy various grains and mill our own wheat to make our own bread and noodles. We grow our veggies and can. One of our children does not do well with dyes and preservatives. check how much grocery store food has dyes. heck, the 'fresh" salmon is dyed!

we still dress nice to go out. Our children are presentable. They do NOT wear hats indoors, the boys hold the doors for the girls. We get compliments on our 5 children (4-9) almost everywhere we go. They have lots of fun and are very happy. We have family movie or game nights.

Marketing? We turned off the TV's about 4 years ago I guess, haven't watched since. Now I do not even have a TV that will recieve the new signals, don't care.

We know our neighbors, because I want to know which ones I trust my children to play with. Many we discourage. The first name thing I still think about. I am called Mr. Brian by the local children, mine call them Mr. or Mrs. first name. That is the standard around here, but it feels odd. I am 40 and still call my seniors Mr. or Mrs. from my childhood. Oh-well.

those people who are "expressing" themselves by thier dress or excessive tatoos and piercings are always interesting conversations. None of us understand why your would want to do that to yourself. I can't decide what color to paint a room or vehicle to buy, let alone put a permanent picture on myself! That is just me and my choice - lots of great people get tatoos! :hug1:

We are in a small town, our doctors and health care people know us. Still lacking compared to what it was, oh-well.

some of us still try to value to old traits and pass them onto our children, but we must live in the present world. Not fall victim to it, but we do live in it.

OK, painted and pierced people blast away!!!!!!!! :just-kidding:

Brian
I do admit, I live in a leave it to beaver home!!!!!

domwilson
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Hmm.... Lets see, I work, my wife stays at home with the children. She retired from teaching school when she turned 30, so now she home schools them. Correction, we home school them.

We try to have at least one family meal together everyday. All meals are a sit down occasion with prayers.

Meals are home made. By home made, I mean we get raw milk, seperate the cream, make butter and butter milk. We buy various grains and mill our own wheat to make our own bread and noodles. We grow our veggies and can. One of our children does not do well with dyes and preservatives. check how much grocery store food has dyes. heck, the 'fresh" salmon is dyed!

we still dress nice to go out. Our children are presentable. They do NOT wear hats indoors, the boys hold the doors for the girls. We get compliments on our 5 children (4-9) almost everywhere we go. They have lots of fun and are very happy. We have family movie or game nights.

Marketing? We turned off the TV's about 4 years ago I guess, haven't watched since. Now I do not even have a TV that will recieve the new signals, don't care.

We know our neighbors, because I want to know which ones I trust my children to play with. Many we discourage. The first name thing I still think about. I am called Mr. Brian by the local children, mine call them Mr. or Mrs. first name. That is the standard around here, but it feels odd. I am 40 and still call my seniors Mr. or Mrs. from my childhood. Oh-well.

those people who are "expressing" themselves by thier dress or excessive tatoos and piercings are always interesting conversations. None of us understand why your would want to do that to yourself. I can't decide what color to paint a room or vehicle to buy, let alone put a permanent picture on myself! That is just me and my choice - lots of great people get tatoos! :hug1:

We are in a small town, our doctors and health care people know us. Still lacking compared to what it was, oh-well.

some of us still try to value to old traits and pass them onto our children, but we must live in the present world. Not fall victim to it, but we do live in it.

OK, painted and pierced people blast away!!!!!!!! :just-kidding:

Brian
I do admit, I live in a leave it to beaver home!!!!!

Now you're really making me miss "The good Ol' days" Good job on how you're raising your children. When they grow up, maybe they'll pass on your values to help make this a better place. I wish more would take on the personal responsibility that you have.

RCprince
02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
What I see, is the frog being slowly boiled to death, give it 15 years and we'll be in East Germany. The War on Terror, like the War on Drugs is a war on the only people being affected by it, The American Citizens.

RCprince
02-20-2010, 08:36 PM
This is crazy. A game of the suicidal attack. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/528055

befu
02-20-2010, 10:00 PM
This is crazy. A game of the suicidal attack. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/528055

yeah, that was a little off the tasteless side of things!

Brian