PDA

View Full Version : Charging NmHi batteries

ncornacchi
02-17-2010, 05:40 AM
With all the batteries we go through around the house, I was wondering why I couldn't use my Triton2 charger to charge the AA, 9V,C & D in a series style battery holder....If I put 6- AA NMHi in series for 9 or 10V, would I get full charge on all cells, or would I have to charge them individually at 1.5V....?

Fluid
02-17-2010, 07:32 AM
You cannot recharge alkaline batteries, potentially very dangerous. I do not know the capabilities of the Triton2 charger for use on rechargeable household batteries.

m4a1usr
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
With all the batteries we go through around the house, I was wondering why I couldn't use my Triton2 charger to charge the AA, 9V,C & D in a series style battery holder....If I put 6- AA NMHi in series for 9 or 10V, would I get full charge on all cells, or would I have to charge them individually at 1.5V....?

There is absolutely no reason you cant charge nimh cells in series on a nimh charger. Maybe not 9v batts in series but any 1.5 volt cell you can. At least I do. I use a cheap 4 or 8 pack holder for my AA and C and D's. Like Jay said you cant recharge Alkaline's but nicads or nimh no problem. I like to use a .5 amps current for the C and D's but down around .3 for my AA's. I am using an astroflight 112D and it works perfectly.

John

ncornacchi
02-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks MA...I figured I could as the Triton2 charges all types, not just LiPo. My biggest concern was the current setting and if the voltage should match the sum of all cells or if it could be slightly higher because after charging a single AA 1.5v it is ussually 1.7V

Brushless55
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
1.7v should be fine, just watch the mah as to not over charge them..
I use my G6 to charge every battery in my house