PDA

View Full Version : Delta Force 25" with Flood Chamber

spicedcrab
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
hi all, i thought i would post some pics of my self righting delta force 25.5, its not a real neat job but after many changes and a lot of trial and error it finally works. it added 14 ounces of weight because i had to redo it so many times to get it right. i also had to add more to the top of the boat to help the flood chamber work (it would almost go but not quite, just a little on top was all it needed) anyway as i said i wish it was a cleaner job but my fiberglass skills are not great. im trying to break the 50mph mark so having the hull self right is nice since i flip so much trying to get the boat dialed in. im still playing with COG and i just added a run pad to the bottom to see if it helps stability at high speeds. i will test the run pad in the next couple days.

spicedcrab
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
here is one more pic;

rhinopole
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Looks like the wide hatch opening on that hull means that you have to extend the flood channel into the opening area in order to get enough water volume into it.

I wonder if it would be easier to install a flood channel on a H&M No Step 2?

spicedcrab
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM
well i just tested the run pad and it did help a little with stability at high speed. i need to put the gps in because i think its going about 50 now. of course its hard to say for sure sometimes you just think its going faster until you put the gps in.

im adding small wings the the stern now and after im done that will be the next tests. does anyone know if rear stability wings are legal for SAW's?

thanks, john

spicedcrab
09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
update, i put the gps in and got 47.8 mph on a x637 prop. i thought for sure it was over 50, lol well at least im getting closer, that 50 mph barrier has been a real struggle for me.

Jeepers
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
what motor you using?

Steven Vaccaro
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Great job. It will save you some paddling time!

spicedcrab
09-20-2007, 07:56 PM
its a feigao 7xl