PDA

View Full Version : arming problems with new UL-1

Colby
02-12-2010, 12:27 AM
I received my new UL-1 a few weeks ago and just now got my batteries (2 pairs of 5000mah 2S 30C) today. After installing the battaries and following the instructions did not get me the beeping from the esc indicating proper arming. I have control of the rudder but no response from the motor when throttle is given. What could I be missing?
Thanks

Diesel6401
02-12-2010, 01:56 AM
I received my new UL-1 a few weeks ago and just now got my batteries (2 pairs of 5000mah 2S 30C) today. After installing the battaries and following the instructions did not get me the beeping from the esc indicating proper arming. I have control of the rudder but no response from the motor when throttle is given. What could I be missing?
Thanks

Make sure throttle trim on the radio is in neutral positon. If its not in the right position with the batts hooked up it will be a kinda of deeper tone beep, then adjust the throttle trim and the tone should change to a high pitch beep after that squeeze trigger full throttle until u hear 3 beeps then let go and it will be again its now armed. Hopefully this makes since.

Fluid
02-12-2010, 07:35 AM
As above, the problem is most likely the throttle trim. Try it in several different positions and see what allows the motor to arm.... mine likes the three o'clock position. This is a "weak" point with the Tactic radio, it is very easy to accidentally move the throttle trim knob out of position. Mark the correct position with a dab of white paint opposite the arrow and you'll always know when it's right.

Colby
02-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion; I will try adjusting the throttle trim when I get home today and report back.

Colby
02-13-2010, 09:27 AM
I have tried to adjust the throttle trim but still cannot get any beaps. With the trim turned all the way down, I slowly increased it all the way and then slowly back the other. I've checked the batteries and they are fully charged, I get the red light on the reciever and I have rudder control. Does the fact that I have rudder control rule out a 'binding' issue; ie. if the receiver was not binding properly with the transmitter then would I not even have rudder control? If it was an issue with the motor I would still get the arming beeps, correct? Could the ESC have issues and I still have rudder control? I'm a little (a lot) perplexed.:eek:

Diesel6401
02-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I have tried to adjust the throttle trim but still cannot get any beaps. With the trim turned all the way down, I slowly increased it all the way and then slowly back the other. I've checked the batteries and they are fully charged, I get the red light on the reciever and I have rudder control. Does the fact that I have rudder control rule out a 'binding' issue; ie. if the receiver was not binding properly with the transmitter then would I not even have rudder control? If it was an issue with the motor I would still get the arming beeps, correct? Could the ESC have issues and I still have rudder control? I'm a little (a lot) perplexed.:eek:

Turn on the Radio first and plug in both batts you should hear a beep just may not be the right tone. If your not hearing any beeps no matter what something is up. Post some pics of what you have going on. Also try make sure all your connections are tight espically the small wires on the esc leading into the rx.

Colby
02-13-2010, 09:40 PM
GOT IT! Throttle trim set properly, ESC armed, UL-1 ready for launch! Thanks to you all for the suggestions and patience. :bounce: :thumbup:

Diesel6401
02-13-2010, 11:40 PM
GOT IT! Throttle trim set properly, ESC armed, UL-1 ready for launch! Thanks to you all for the suggestions and patience. :bounce: :thumbup:

Glad everything worked out for you. Happy boating!!! :thumbup:

richboss302
11-21-2010, 12:04 PM

So what was the fix? I have the same problem but I also have a continuous beeping with no throttle response and I also do have rudder response! I messed with the trigger holding it in the forward/reverse position and got a beep and then the stinken prop started running! WTF I said to myself! I had to hold it on reverse to keep it from running and burning up the motor! So the throttle trim should be at 3'oclock to start out you guys say? Or is this some other gremlin I have found? I ran this boat once fine right out of the box and then I had a problem with the battery leads and had to have the one lead squeezed at the solder point where it pulled out of the deans connector and shorted out and wouldn't give the motor any juice, lucky it was before I got the boat running and out in the lake for it's 2nd run! LOL I have a gator in that lake too and I AIN'T going in after that UL-1! LOL Any other advice on the transmitter would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Rich

richboss302
11-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Just fixed it!!! I put the throttle trim to the 3 o'clock position like described earlier in this post and BAM! Thanks guys!:thumbup:

richboss302
11-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Here is a helpful link to the manual of another aquacraft boat that actually has some troubleshooting answers that also may help people with transmitter problems with the UL-1 as the UL-1 manual is MISSING the troubleshooting answers! Its the same transmitter as the UL-1...
http://manuals.hobbico.com/aqu/aqub23-manual.pdf