PDA

View Full Version : OK guys help me decide

illz302
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Ok guys I am looking at buying a boat from MiniCatRacingUSA and I am weighing three options first is the Velocity Cat shown here.....

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/vcat.html

second is the Starship Outrigger shown here.......

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/srigger.html

and last but not least is the Velocity Mono shown here......

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/vmono.html

Basicly my requirements are Stable (cause i dont like swimming in dirty water which is most of the lakes around here), and FAST. so which one of these would be the fastest and which one would be the most stable?

***THE LAST OPTION IN THE POLL SHOULD READ "MINI CAT RACING VELOCITY MONO" ANY VOTES FOR THE MICRO HYDRO WILL BE COUNTED AS A VOTE FOR THE VELOCITY MONO***

illz302
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM
I am leaning away from the micro hydro now due to its extra small size when compared to the other two (VC & SO). But I am def still open to suggestions!

Rumdog
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
For outright speed, the starship beats the other two, hands down.

illz302
02-09-2010, 05:34 PM
guys dont forget to post why you chose what you chose!

Rumdog do you think the outrigger or the cat would handle better in choppy water?

Diegoboy
02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
If you don't wanna swim for it, Get the Velocity mono. It self-rights

illz302
02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
If you don't wanna swim for it, Get the Velocity mono. It self-rights

You know diego I thought about that but they say it will according to their tester but they wont garauntee it which makes me wonder if it really will. Does anyone know if this Velocity Mono will endeed self right every time?

Diegoboy
02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I have one, the reason they say that is because if you don't setup the battery the correct way, it won't self-right. Mine does every time

westbeach
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
How about an ECO Boat? Pretty Speedy and self rights. I believe Sailr (Minicat racing) has some in stock. If I was in a better situation, an Eco is what I would want in my fleet.
Do a search here and on youtube.

screwball
02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
i have a velocity mono and its great!!!! i love it!!!

it self rights every time if you have the battery in the correct spot, but as westbeach said the mini eco is guaranteed to self right...

befu
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I have the ebay knock off cat. It runs nice, but it will stuff and when it flips, I can definately say it will not self right!

I wish I had gotton the mono. Dang impulse buys....:doh:

Brian

Rumdog
02-09-2010, 10:06 PM
This is what I would buy..http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Delta+Force+Mini+Vortex

wakeboardfusion
02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
i have a mono and to be honest its really the boat i have the most fun with.

A. Its cheap and cheap to run compared to the other boats. Cheap batts.
B. Handles rough water well, and is self righting. Turns on a dime
C. Fast
D. A good boat to let other people try for their first time. You wont want to hand over the controls to your scratchbuilt or anything you have over $200 into.

Xcesive8
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I love my lil Hydro..
I think its just so much more fun than watching a lil mono go round and round because its constantly slapping the water with each sponson, looking a lil outa control yet still holds its own.

By the way, im sure others do, but ive never seen this written.
When the lil fella flips upside down, i never go get it nor need a rescue boat.
I just hold the throttle on a lil bit, then off for a second, back on etc.
And the wind coming from the prop spinning brings it back to me slowly.
Got me stuffed how i can steer towards me, but i can, the wind must deflect off the rudder and in turn makes it go where i want. lol

theres my post for my poll vote :Peace_Sign:

Jesse J
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I vote kitty kitty. I like the hybrid nature of fast and can handle chop. I have a micro cat and a 24" and they are tons of fun. Self righting would be cool, but it is also fun sending out the rescue barge - kinda breaks up the fast action and adds another level of skill to the mix. All out speed is less impressive and exciting when you get to the pond and there is a 2" chop - hydros like glass, especially a micro rigger!

Jesse J
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I love my lil Hydro..
I think its just so much more fun than watching a lil mono go round and round because its constantly slapping the water with each sponson, looking a lil outa control yet still holds its own.

By the way, im sure others do, but ive never seen this written.
When the lil fella flips upside down, i never go get it nor need a rescue boat.
I just hold the throttle on a lil bit, then off for a second, back on etc.
And the wind coming from the prop spinning brings it back to me slowly.
Got me stuffed how i can steer towards me, but i can, the wind must deflect off the rudder and in turn makes it go where i want. lol

theres my post for my poll vote :Peace_Sign:

I have used the airboat rescue technique as well, but be sure to not over rev the unloaded motor!

illz302
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
wow thanks guys can someone post a pic of the proper battery placement in the velocity mono so it will self right? I believe you guys have convinced me since i already have a 24 inch cat i will get the mono so i dont have to swim for it LOL

sailr
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
We put that on our website early on because we were dub ious. However, since then, everybody that buys them say they self rights.

The Vmono and VCat both love rough water but the Cat is NOT self righting.

You know diego I thought about that but they say it will according to their tester but they wont garauntee it which makes me wonder if it really will. Does anyone know if this Velocity Mono will endeed self right every time?

sailr
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
http://minicatracingusa.com/images/instruct/vseriesinstruct.pdf

wow thanks guys can someone post a pic of the proper battery placement in the velocity mono so it will self right? I believe you guys have convinced me since i already have a 24 inch cat i will get the mono so i dont have to swim for it LOL

illz302
02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey Salir I noticed at the bottom of your instructions you are in Land o Lakes FL maybe i could pick my purchase up instead of shipping it?

sailr
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
:sorry:We do not have a store and our insurance does not allow anyone to come to our warehouse. (no, we don't operate out of my garage! haha)

Where are you? If you order from our website, it will automatically add shipping. No way around it. We would have to do a manual purchase outside of our system.
Let me know where you are. I could meet you somewhere and hand you the boat. If you are too far away it isn't worth it. Shipping is only $15 and with the cost of gas...well...you know. :ThumbsDown01:

Jim

Hey Salir I noticed at the bottom of your instructions you are in Land o Lakes FL maybe i could pick my purchase up instead of shipping it?

illz302
02-10-2010, 02:41 PM
No problem Salir I understand I'm in Orlando so it would probably just be better to ship it can you tell me when the white cats will be back in stock i have decided i love the cat too much to go with the mono and have buyers regret after one run cause the mono is too easy LOL!

Also is there a way to pre-order or backorder from you guys? (just in case)