PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mono 26"

Mono~Junkie
02-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Always enjoying a good post from others and seeing their boats being built,:thumbup1:

I just wanted to take a moment and post some photos of this original hull design I am working on.

This is a 26" x 9 " hull that I plan on turing into a mold for Vac forming, been down the fiberglass roads for too long, and want to make some with a little less effort and fumes :ThumbsDown01:

One of my favorite hulls back when was my old nitro viper GT I turned into electric,and some how managed to lose over my travels, keeping the same hull size for the most part, i decided to break out the wood and make something custom but with the same general concept.

Something to get me through the winter :Peace_Sign:

screwball
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
i might be interested in buying one of them if you plan on selling them...

Mono~Junkie
02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
i might be interested in buying one of them if you plan on selling them...

absolutely

Always looking for test drivers ! :hug1:

And trust me, this hull has yet to come alive :thumbup:

screwball
02-09-2010, 08:20 PM
what price are you thinking? also what motor esc setup? i was thinking sv27 setup on 3s/4s in parrallel or one big battery in the center....

Mono~Junkie
02-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Let me do some math~

I sent you a P.M. about it. changing up from plastic to glass.( I think it's gonna be better in the long run ) still going to be super light using cross weaved lay-up and resin but as you know less chance of plastic failure.

AndyKunz
02-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Kyle,

Much cooler photos than the e-mailed ones. Keep up the good work!

Andy

Mono~Junkie
02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks Andy~

did i mention i'm also a starving photo artist? hahaha !

Jeff Wohlt
02-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I still love the old Electro V cut down and plan to try and form some of those. I still like styrene boats...fun to build....I'm with you on the FG...nice stuff but time consuming. Styrene can take a beating.