PDA

View Full Version : VS1 FE rebuild

Jeepers
02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Here are some pics of a VS1 I am working on after the motor mount and side supports failed at the glue joints, (pic 1) This boat was set up before for Fe with a O.S lower unit, after this failure I decided to remove original radio box and start over. I handed my 2 year old son the motor mount and he managed to seperate the two 1/4" pieces of wood that were epoxied together (Aquacraft original) just by throwing it on the floor. (pic 2&3) I am not sure why the indentions are on the mounts.

I am kinda glad this is not my boat, and I feel bad for the owner, my dad.

Jeepers
02-07-2010, 02:22 AM
I decide to make the radio box and motor mount one piece(looks cleaner) I choose to use 1/8 ply for the sides which I cut on my band saw and 1/4 for the new motor mount. The radio box is just tacked together with CA to check fit. you can also see in the picture were I glued a piece of wood to the back of the sponsons to keep them level.

Jeepers
02-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Test fitting the radio box and motor mount. I will have to sand the lower part of the radio box to match the bottom the hull better

Jeepers
02-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Test fitting the new Cowl to see if it clears radio box, cowl fits nice so far. More to come later.