PDA

View Full Version : 2X7.4 Vs. 14.8?

boogaloo_d
02-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Do you get the same performance out of two 7.4v batteries as you do out of one 14.8v battey? All batteries have the same mAh and C rating? Just wondering I'm new to FE's and just trying to gain information on them.

Thanks

RandyatBBY
02-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Do you get the same performance out of two 7.4v batteries as you do out of one 14.8v battey? All batteries have the same mAh and C rating? Just wondering I'm new to FE's and just trying to gain information on them.

Thanks
No you do not I have found the cells are not matched as well and I was running Polly RC cells. But I am able to pull more with 4S2P.

boogaloo_d
02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Randy,

That's what i needed to know. I stopped by the LHS and asked them the same question and got the same answer.

Himalaya
02-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Generally a single pack has least energy loss for they have the shortest possible wires, less connector joints. But seperated (saddle) packs have their own benefit, they dissipate heat better. For 2X7.4V packs each cell has a surface to the air, eliminates the problem muticell packs have: the center located cells are always submerged to higher temperature thus faster self aging effect, shorter life.