PDA

View Full Version : Financial Software??? Money or Quicken??

Darin Jordan
09-06-2007, 12:03 PM
OK guys... I need to get serious about budgeting and tracking our spending, etc...

I'm going to pick up some book-keeping software to help... Right now the choices are either Quicken or Microsoft Money...

Any preferences or stories that would help me make a decision as to which one to choose??

Thanks,

Steven Vaccaro
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
I have used both. At my store I use quick. So far its been great, but with lots of costly updates. Mostly from updates dealing with payroll and income taxes. I used money at home for 2 years. I had a issue with it. Several glitches and restores had to be done. I finally gave up. I will now stick with the old saying. You don't buy pasta at the steak place. I will stick with finance software from the finance company.

ED66677
09-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Before I got married, I used to use Quicken, just great!
Now my wife does this stuff on paper!

Darin Jordan
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys... I decided to go with Quicken Deluxe... Looked at Premium, but decide that I need to GET a portfolio before I start worrying about tracking one!

FE_Chris
09-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Darin, I and everyone else I know has always used quicken. My brother had used money like Steven did, and like Steven he had issues with it. It was OK, but not like quicken.

Just my .02 cents.