PDA

View Full Version : water cooling jacket for sv27

PaiN KLR
01-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I've been running the standard OSE water cooling jacket on the sv27 motor. After a nasty rollover one of the cooling line fittings was knocked out. I've glued it back in place several times, but it usually comes out again.

Any of the other OSE water jackets fit the sv 27 motor, in particular ones with threaded hose fittings? Like the ul-1 jacket?

Just a side note, that after multiple times at re-epoxying the fittings in place, finally enough seeped down around the opening to block off the water flow substantially. Then when I went to remove the jacket...it was pretty much impossible to get it off.

larry

Steven Vaccaro
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I've been running the standard OSE water cooling jacket on the sv27 motor. After a nasty rollover one of the cooling line fittings was knocked out. I've glued it back in place several times, but it usually comes out again.

Any of the other OSE water jackets fit the sv 27 motor, in particular ones with threaded hose fittings? Like the ul-1 jacket?

Just a side note, that after multiple times at re-epoxying the fittings in place, finally enough seeped down around the opening to block off the water flow substantially. Then when I went to remove the jacket...it was pretty much impossible to get it off.

larry

Once its glues in it shouldn't come out again. Unless they are hit and moved or you try to remove the jacket from the motor. Since the jacket doesn't have thread, you wouldn't be able to use a threaded fitting. You can send it back and I will exchange it for a new one. You would just need to pay for the shipping both ways. If your interested email from the product site.

PaiN KLR
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks Steven!

But I wouldn't feel right about accepting the offer. My setup has had many many runs on it, and when it hooked, and rolled entering a turn once, alot of things came loose, including a nice chunk of lead weight. I think something hit the fitting and knocked it loose. Anyways, I was just wondering if your ul-1 or any of the other jackets also fit the sv-27 motor.

Thanks again for the offer! Great customer service...thats why I purchase from OSE!

Larry

Steven Vaccaro
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
This one will fit,
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ham-jack-540S
But the xl one may also fit.
I will check tonight.