PDA

View Full Version : 20" Catamaran running Creek

damfurst
01-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Just a short vid of my catamaran running on the creek since all the other water is hard here. It's running 2 MIG 400 12V motors on a 11.1v 30c 2200mah lipo. 2 X 32mm props from OSE both standard rotation makes it move well. It's not going to set an speed records, but it does jump the rapids well. Just nice to be able and run a little on the creek this time of year.

http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Nqd-20-Catamaran-Creek-Run

wolf IV
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
LOL!!! i was just thinking "MAN THIS GUYS BRAVE , rocks, rapids, freezing moving water..?!!" NICE CATCH!!! COOL VIDEO!

RandyatBBY
01-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I was think I wish I had a creek cloase untill I saw the snow. I will not go out and run in 50 degree and below at my age. then the net was great!:bounce:

damfurst
01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. It was a balmy 42F that day. Almost went without a coat. I know it looks risky running in the creek and it does give you a different kind of thrill especially when one of your boats starts running downstream, but over the last 2 years of running here I know pretty much where it's going to go. There also is a foot bridge within 20 yards of where I was standing so that allows me to access the other side of the creek if I need to as well as use the net with the 10ft extendable handle from the bridge to catch wayward boats. I have so far only lost one boat so far and that was the first one. It's probably in the Missouri River by now lol.

Jesse J
01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Man, that was a sweet vid! Makes me want to make the 2.5hr drive to come see you. Here at the headwaters of the Missouri, we have a 6foot ice perimeter on our rivers... 42 F is nice! don't even have to wear gloves! I like the rapids too, no rocks below to worry about. Boat was running nice as well.

Might have to convince the wife its time for a road trip soon... Thanks for posting!

properchopper
01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Man, this just proves how crazy-addicted us FE's are :thumbup1:! A 42 deg water-fix is a good cure for cabin fever !! :buttrock:

westbeach
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Gotta love it, cheap boats (NQD) but big Thrills!! Damf, you got to get yourself one of them NQD jet boats. Just change out the motor/esc and you have a hoot running in that creek! :thumbup:

damfurst
01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Gotta love it, cheap boats (NQD) but big Thrills!! Damf, you got to get yourself one of them NQD jet boats. Just change out the motor/esc and you have a hoot running in that creek! :thumbup:

I know what you mean. I've had a knock off for over a year now here's a vid of it from last April http://rcuvideos.com/video/Knock-off-V2-wmv I still run it from time to time even on the creek. They are one tough boat.

westbeach
01-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I should have know it was you over on RCU! I have watched your video may times over. That creek looks like it was running pretty good downstream. :Peace_Sign:

Cheers!
WB

I know what you mean. I've had a knock off for over a year now here's a vid of it from last April http://rcuvideos.com/video/Knock-off-V2-wmv I still run it from time to time even on the creek. They are one tough boat.

Alexgar
03-17-2010, 12:50 AM
crazy i tried this in colorado with my bby 21 and after ten feet i deicieded i like my boat more than vacation