PDA

View Full Version : Updated UL-1 for 2010

Capt. Crash
01-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Just got the new UL-1 in and stripped (to use as a donor for parts for my 1:10 vintage hydro under construction) last night. This was ordered the first day they came back in stock. I'm very pleased to announce it is a much better looking boat than the first run boat I got over a year ago. The finish and assembly was very nice and the boat felt solid in the areas that were weak before. No cracks, thin spots or paint runs to be found. Also of interest is the beefed up ESC...check out the new cap hanging off that bad boy. The only thing I noticed out of place was the strut bushing/bearing was froze in the tube. All in all....great job Grim and Aquacraft. :rockon2:

Crash

Grimracer
01-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Thank you Crash..

On thing we have to over come in the future is nesting brass tubing in China.. they just dont have a good supply of it.

thats why the bushing is tight in the stuffing tube.

We will however NEVER give up on making our boats better or "BETTER BOATS"

Its YOUR hobby and we want YOUR time on the water to be FUN!

Thanks for sticking with us.

Grimracer

hyrulejedi86
06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Now that is a good attitude that you love to see in a manufacturer! A sign of quality.

Just wondering how you can tell which generation your getting? I want to get one within a month but I want to be sure I get the third gen. Also, when is that expected to be available?

Grimracer
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
The boat did not change a generation.. but.. all boats after June of last year have updated quality.

Grim

ncornacchi
06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey Crash......if you're using it for parts, want to sell the hull only?

hyrulejedi86
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Does that include the bigger capacitors on the ESC?

By the way I just wanted to reiterate how impressed I have been with the aquacraft company and it's dedication to it's customers. I just don't see that to much so it makes me feel good. cudos to you!

Can't wait to get mine!

JimClark
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
yes that was one of the many changes

detox
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
The boat did not change a generation.. but.. all boats after June of last year have updated quality.

Grim

I would like to see a wider spread of the ride pads and/or sponsons. I think this would make the UL-1 hull more stable crossing wakes. IMO the Whiplash 20 wood kit hull has a perfect wide sponson stance. Phil Thomas has a brand new fiberglass version of which I think looks just like the Whiplash.http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=14432&highlight=phil+thomas

Grimracer
06-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Do you know the UL-1 was first designed in 2006!

it all takes time

I also have quite a few more boats in the design stages, Monos, Hydros, tunnels but we just can not do em all..

The reason I dont hand out those plans however is it might be that I find one thing that i like from one boat and one thing from another..

Im sure you understand.

Grim

JimClark
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm Hydros me likes Hydros

Do you know the UL-1 was first designed in 2006!

it all takes time

I also have quite a few more boats in the design stages, Monos, Hydros, tunnels but we just can not do em all..

The reason I dont hand out those plans however is it might be that I find one thing that i like from one boat and one thing from another..

Im sure you understand.

Grim

detox
06-02-2010, 07:05 PM
The removable UL-1 Nose cone was a very ingenious idea. It allows for easier taping. I hope Aquacraft continues to use it in the future. :smile:

hyrulejedi86
06-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I have been looking around and can't seem to find the UL1 around town at all. I've heard that we shouldn't expect them in until late july. Is this accurate?

And just ot of curiosity how come it takes so long? I don't have any experiance in supply and demand so I'm just curious.

Capt. Crash
06-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Hey Crash......if you're using it for parts, want to sell the hull only?

Sorry...that went the same day I posted this. Maybe I should of asked for more money...:confused1: