PDA

View Full Version : WINTER BAD WEATHER REMEDY (is anyone else into these?)

BILL OXIDEAN
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Guys, I've discovered a passtime that has me going absolutely bezerk. I can't stop buying these little micro 3-channel helicopters!!

These things are the most amazing rc gizmos I've ever seen. Bang for your buck is UNBEATABLE the performance of these little 3-channel ones is truly amazing. The little air hogs and other 2-channel ones weren't nearly as impressive as these. Fully proportional radio. The radio runs off lazer like a tv remote, my flying skills have drasticly improved.

I will soon post a video of these. The best performing one I have is currently selling for $14.00 rtr and will give you 15 minutes of runtime and more enjoyment than you can imagine. Don't let the small price or size fool ya' these things are AMAZING

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Ch-Remote-Radio-Control-RC-MINI-Micro-Helicopter-HR_W0QQitemZ120518654367QQcmdZViewItemQQpt#ht_2885 wt_941

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2010-Syma-Model-S018-3CH-AirWolf-RTF-RC-Helicopter_W0QQitemZ260537309909QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item3ca93bdad5#ht_255 5wt_1167

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2010-Syma-Model-S018-3CH-AirWolf-RTF-RC-Helicopter_W0QQitemZ260537309909QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item3ca93bdad5#ht_255 5wt_1167

there is literally no better bang for your buck in rc as these. They come ready to run as the transmitter doubles as a charger. You can wreck them 100 times with little to no damage virtually indestructable

they have replacable patrs and nothing on them is over $3.00. I've been flying them sun up to sun down like 12 hours a day like a full time job. i've rigged up the transmitters with lipo and nimh rechargables so I never have to buy ANYTHING they require zero maintenance.

I was cancerned that it may interfere or hinder my boat driving sills, but I do remember the 2 fastest guys in the country have heli experience, one guy is actually called Raptor, and the other guy is Doug Twaits!

Rumdog
01-19-2010, 12:42 PM
I've had my share of those guys. Great fun indeed. I moved up to an MCX, and then the MSR from there. The MSR is an absoloute blast. Super fast and stable. You should definately conside one of those!!

Darin Jordan
01-19-2010, 12:46 PM
My son got a little 2-channel job for his birthday and had a blast with it. I'm going to get us a couple of the 3 or 4 channel versions shortly. They are fun, and the small ones are much better at staying together when you crash them!!

Good Call, Bill!

RayR
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Don't have the weather problem. hehehehe

BILL OXIDEAN
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Don't have the weather problem. hehehehe

Guys, lets git eem!! :just-kidding:

BILL OXIDEAN
01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
My son got a little 2-channel job for his birthday and had a blast with it. I'm going to get us a couple of the 3 or 4 channel versions shortly. They are fun, and the small ones are much better at staying together when you crash them!!

Good Call, Bill!

Awesome! I was hoping there wasn't anything wrong with me lol I've started motifying them by simply placing a steel 440 screw in the nose for weight MUCH more stable, and makes them run faster as well

befu
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Started with the three channel co-axials also. Bought a few and broke them. Moved up to the esky dauphin which was bigger. very nice but if you crash it you can break it. Fixable and not bad priced.

I then purchased a pack of the MCX's. Using those to teach my 8 and 9 year old to fly, gave one to my brother. (Sister in law is upset at me!)

I just purchased a msr for the the next level.

I gotta say, these one ounce helis are great. They do not break easily.

Brian

FloatDaBoat
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I have two - - Our cat Loves 'em !!!

graill
01-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I have two - - Our cat Loves 'em !!!

I cant buy them anymore, while fun for a while, my two Korats, Tom and Jerry double team the poor things and leap nearly 8 ft to bring them down and then they both ritually rip them apart hissing the whole time, funny stuff. :lol:

properchopper
01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Bro, don't do this to me; you KNOW what an addictive personality I have :ohmy:

Thanks for the link 'tho !!:rockon2:

Edit : OK I'm in; which one should I get ? [ It's raining & my P.O. doesn't like me watching too much *!***!***!***!**]

Guys, I've discovered a passtime that has me going absolutely bezerk. I can't stop buying these little micro 3-channel helicopters!!

These things are the most amazing rc gizmos I've ever seen. Bang for your buck is UNBEATABLE the performance of these little 3-channel ones is truly amazing. The little air hogs and other 2-channel ones weren't nearly as impressive as these. Fully proportional radio. The radio runs off lazer like a tv remote, my flying skills have drasticly improved.

I will soon post a video of these. The best performing one I have is currently selling for $14.00 rtr and will give you 15 minutes of runtime and more enjoyment than you can imagine. Don't let the small price or size fool ya' these things are AMAZING

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Ch-Remote-Radio-Control-RC-MINI-Micro-Helicopter-HR_W0QQitemZ120518654367QQcmdZViewItemQQpt#ht_2885 wt_941

there is literally no better bang for your buck in rc as these. They come ready to run as the transmitter doubles as a charger. You can wreck them 100 times with little to no damage virtually indestructable

they have replacable patrs and nothing on them is over $3.00. I've been flying them sun up to sun down like 12 hours a day like a full time job. i've rigged up the transmitters with lipo and nimh rechargables so I never have to buy ANYTHING they require zero maintenance.

I was cancerned that it may interfere or hinder my boat driving sills, but I do remember the 2 fastest guys in the country have heli experience, one guy is actually called Raptor, and the other guy is Doug Twaits!

befu
01-19-2010, 08:17 PM
If you can swing it, get a 4 ch mcx. They have a gyro and are SUPER stable!

I bought 2 packs of 5 broken ones from ebay and got 7 operating total! total cost, less than $300 plus I have 3 sets for spare parts.

The 3 channel ones are fun also, but I was surprised by how much control the swash plate added on the 4 channel one.

Brian

Brushless55
01-19-2010, 09:08 PM
great prices on those..
I have a Blade MCX and fly that thing like crazy!
I also have the Micro SU-26, and Micro P-51.. cheap fun
with all the info I've learned on OSE about wiring, I did a parallel connector on my SU-26 and now that thing goes vertical to almost out of sight!

sailr
01-19-2010, 10:25 PM
I have two of the 3ch guys but both are on channel C so we can't fly at the same time. Seems you can't find them on channels a or b! Dang!

Simon.O.
01-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I have a 3CH Co-ax Heli that is kind of fun but I can see where the 4th Ch comes in.....sideways for the hover.

I am going to have to get a 4CH co-ax and do some workshop flying.

Today was out for the the boats due to a real strong wind from the South.
I had the wagon packed and all ready to roll and then woke up this morning to the curtains flaping and the wind blowing through the windows.

I peaked an old Ni pack for the crawler and went for over an hour crawl down at a mates place.

A heli may come here soon !!

BILL OXIDEAN
01-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Bro, don't do this to me; you KNOW what an addictive personality I have :ohmy:

Thanks for the link 'tho !!:rockon2:

Edit : OK I'm in; which one should I get ? [ It's raining & my P.O. doesn't like me watching too much *!***!***!***!**]

Tony, I posted this SPECIFICLY to get you hooked. I had you in mind the WHOLE time partner..

The clown over at the heli kiosk talked me into this slightly larger one which I don't like. The micro coaxial are the best..

Tony, I recommend this one JUST GET IT!!! Trust me..
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Syma-S018-AirWolf-Remote-Control-3CH-RC-Helicopter_W0QQitemZ130354363992QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item1e59b9be58#ht_530 0wt_1167

20 bux shipped? can't beat it and it flies magnificent. If you've always wanted a heli here's your chance

AndyKunz
01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
At the risk of sounding like an E-Flite commercial ...

Micro heli's are great!

I bought an original MCX for my 50-year-old sister Christmas 2008. She loves it - and she doesn't even have a cat!

This year I bought the S-300 MCX for our pastor (55-ish) and HE loves it. He has an 8-year-old - almost as good as a cat :biggrin:

I was one of the in-house beta testers for the MSR, and fell in love with it. What a difference in handling! I was getting bored with our MCX, but the MSR upped the challenge a little. The new Blade SR is likewise a step up in fun for me.

Bringing it back to boating, the MSR lands fine on the heli pad of a scale ship - just don't miss! There's not enough power for carrying floats. I don't think I'm the first to find that out, either :(

One of my flying buddies has several of the Syma heli's. We tried and tried to fly them successfully on Thanksgiving in my garage (I have a 5-car garage, so there's plenty of room), and managed to get one to actually take off and land (sort of), but it was a real chore to handle. He had no problem with the MCX, even in the kitchen.

Like Brian said above, going from a 3-channel 'toy' to a 4-channel really makes a huge difference. For $20, the Syma is probably OK.

Tell you what - a 4-ch heli will definitely make you a better airplane pilot. All of a sudden that rudder stick becomes useful.

Andy

BILL OXIDEAN
01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
One of my flying buddies has several of the Syma heli's. We tried and tried to fly them successfully on Thanksgiving in my garage (I have a 5-car garage, so there's plenty of room), and managed to get one to actually take off and land (sort of), but it was a real chore to handle. He had no problem with the MCX, even in the kitchen.

Andy[/QUOTE]

I tried in my garage and had the same results, it just wouldn't do it, but indoors with no ac on or draft, I've got the thing dipping through loops, carrying 5 gram loads with ease, and doing some impressive maneuvers.

properchopper
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Tony, I posted this SPECIFICLY to get you hooked. I had you in mind the WHOLE time partner..

Tony, I recommend this one JUST GET IT!!! Trust me..
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Syma-S018-AirWolf-Remote-Control-3CH-RC-Helicopter_W0QQitemZ130354363992QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item1e59b9be58#ht_530 0wt_1167

20 bux shipped? can't beat it and it flies magnificent. If you've always wanted a heli here's your chance

OK-OK, just ordered one :banana: [ Is it alright if I keep watching *!***!***!***!** 'till it arrives ?]

Brushless55
01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
OK-OK, just ordered one :banana: [ Is it alright if I keep watching *!***!***!***!** 'till it arrives ?]

It's all over now bro..
Helis are like FE Boats, just one is not enough! :w00t:

properchopper
01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
It's all over now bro..
Helis are like FE Boats, just one is not enough! :w00t:

Crap; Another fine mess I've gotten myself into :doh:

Darin Jordan
01-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Hahahahahaha!! You'll have fun though, Tony!!

AndyKunz
01-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Here's what I meant. Not my video.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179464

Andy

Karfrik
01-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh yes guys,this is addictive!!!..i got me a micro 4ch 2.4ghz e-flite mcx S300 for Christmas and im already looking for a good used MSR.Love them!! all this after some of those "mall" cheapo" 2ch ones.Haven`t tried the 3ch ones thou...
This e-flite helis come with 2.4ghz radios and you can bind the Tx to any of them.
Even the bigger coax ones CX2 and CX3 can be binded.And e-flite backs you up with a full line of replacement and upgrading parts!!!
Check their site at;www.e-flite.com/blade/ for awesome info and videos.
I`m ready for an MSR!!!!..........Albert/karfrik

BILL OXIDEAN
01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Crap; Another fine mess I've gotten myself into :doh:

Did yours show up yet pal??

properchopper
01-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Did yours show up yet pal??

It was shipped yesterday. Really looking forward to it ; it's still raining cats & dogs
and I just stepped into a Poodle :sorry:

befu
01-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Just got the MSR, it is definately fast! Only have flown it about 3 times now in the basement, will try to fly it at work this week.

The MSX's I purchased two sets of 5 broken ones off of ebay, about $300 total. Got 7 of them working fine, gave one to my brother with a broken one for spare parts. Right now the two in front are working, the three in the middle need new center shafts, the three in back are for spare parts. My dauphin is in the back.

All total, about $520 sitting there less the two I gave away! Lots of fun for that much coin.

My boys are flying the MSX's now, they are 8 and 9, never flew anything before so they are SUPER stable!

Now, anyone know the best place to buy new parts for these? Figure I would ask before I started googling it.

Brian

Brushless55
01-23-2010, 01:54 PM
befu, try Hobbytown if you have one near by..

BILL OXIDEAN
01-26-2010, 07:58 AM
It was shipped yesterday. Really looking forward to it ; it's still raining cats & dogs
and I just stepped into a Poodle :sorry:

Dear Tony,

If your heli dosen't come today I will start crying..

BILL OXIDEAN
01-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm already puffing cells! If that dosen't indicate I'm flyin' the crud out of them and pushing the current limits on these little buggers I dunno what does lol..

The guys at the mall sell broken and retired copters to me for 5 bux and I disect them for their batteries, tail motors etc.

properchopper
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Dear Tony,

If your heli dosen't come today I will start crying..

Still waiting !:sad:

BILL OXIDEAN
01-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm on my way to Randy's to do a demo for him..
As well as modify a coupla' boats :smile:

RandyatBBY
01-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Bill in the shop. I hijacked the chopper what a nice guy!
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2193/img2356g.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/i/img2356g.jpg/)

BILL OXIDEAN
01-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Mr. Heller it should be there by now, are you telling me an untruth? :sarcasm1:

properchopper
01-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Mr. Heller it should be there by now, are you telling me an untruth? :sarcasm1:

Bill, I swear it hasen't arrived. On the fleabay site there was something about the free shipping that could take up to 30 days. I hope it gets here soon, my @#^%& gettin' sore !!

properchopper
02-03-2010, 10:17 PM
O.K. Mr. Bill, howd'ya expect a man of my age to get any sleep with that damn stick radio in my hand and that silly heli circling my crib ! :help:
I'm gonna' git you, Sucka' :thumbup1:

BILL OXIDEAN
02-03-2010, 10:28 PM
O.K. Mr. Bill, howd'ya expect a man of my age to get any sleep with that damn stick radio in my hand and that silly heli circling my crib ! :help:
I'm gonna' git you, Sucka' :thumbup1:

LoL.. You fell for it.. Tony always remember misery loves company :laugh:
You're in for it now, the better you get at flying the more addictive it is. Remember not to apply throttle when the prop is obstructed like if its on its side dont gas it to upright it and it should last hundreds of flights..
I TOLD YOU! These little buggers are awesome..

wakeboardfusion
02-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I just got a MSR and its pretty fun to fly. Broke my landing gear though

BILL OXIDEAN
02-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I just got a MSR and its pretty fun to fly. Broke my landing gear though

Get a cheap micro coaxial trust me they're near indestructible if you know how to fly even half decent. 20bux and you can be a goofball just like me and Tony.. :bounce:

properchopper
02-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Send Help.....Must stop......fingers cramping.........need food......

Rumdog
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I've had an msr since christmas with no breakage to speak of. It is an awesome lil heli. I've had several micro co-ax helis too. They are great fun!

Karfrik
02-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Its too late Tony!!!...there`s no way back!!!:ohmy:...:eek:

AndyKunz
02-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Welcome to

The Dry Side

No water is necessary to get your adrenalin kick. Just a living room. Furnished or unfurnished. Maybe add a cat.

Andy

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Tony, I'm more than glad I shnookered you into this lol

properchopper
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Tony, I'm more than glad I shnookered you into this lol

OK, 'ya got me ! :Peace_Sign: Now what would it take to get you shnookered into going to AZ ?

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
OK, 'ya got me ! :Peace_Sign: Now what would it take to get you shnookered into going to AZ ?

Tony, I'd like to know where you've gotten more enjoyment out of 20 bux BESIDES the adult section of the video store.. :tape:

properchopper
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Tony, I'd like to know where you've gotten more enjoyment out of 20 bux BESIDES the adult section of the video store.. :tape:

Well, there was that time in Tijuana.......

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM

Buying a home this spring Tone, my funds are completely tied up this month :Praying:

You'll be seein' me soon enough pal.. I'm sure you won't be missing LA next month.

properchopper
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Buying a home this spring Tone, my funds are completely tied up this month :Praying:

You'll be seein' me soon enough pal.. I'm sure you won't be missing LA next month.

Yeah - I may have a "secret weapon" in the works ! :spy:

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah - I may have a "secret weapon" in the works ! :spy:

LoL I like the sounds of it..
Tony, I did something you'll REALLY like. I had 9,000 dollars worth of stereo equipment installed in my pimp ride. 4-15 inch woofers, 6-sets of highs 6-sets of mids and 2 6by nines. 3600 watt amp, and 3 marine batteries.

I turned it half way up, and the back window shattered!!!

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Heres more

properchopper
02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
LoL I like the sounds of it..
Tony, I did something you'll REALLY like. I had 9,000 dollars worth of stereo equipment installed in my pimp ride. 4-15 inch woofers, 6-sets of highs 6-sets of mids and 2 6by nines. 3600 watt amp, and 3 marine batteries.

I turned it half way up, and the back window shattered!!!

Yup, Randy told me about that; I had a good laugh ! BTW, those inflatable babes look so real !!:bounce:

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=properchopper;BTW, those inflatable babes look so real !!:bounce:[/QUOTE]

LoL

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Here's my favorite chopper. i've modified it with 100mah lipo forward cg and if you'll notice there's a clear plastic shroud I installed at the beginning of the tail just behind the fuslage. It added TONS of stabillity! way improved over stock

Pretty good for 20bux rtr

properchopper
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Turns out my next door neighbor's been flying micro's. He just brought back a bigger one from Fry's for $ 80.00 - now charging. My other neighbor saw my micro & is getting one. You've started a damn epidemic, Bro !

BILL OXIDEAN
02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Just picked up two more at the mall retired show choppers 5 bux a piece. Every major mall in Cali has a kiosk for them. Ask them for their used ones and they're glad to sell em

properchopper
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Just picked up two more at the mall retired show choppers 5 bux a piece. Every major mall in Cali has a kiosk for them. Ask them for their used ones and they're glad to sell em

No need ; selling my micro mini to neighbor; just got back from FRYs with my 4 ch job like in the picture. I'm sooo screwed. Your fault.....

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Gave Randy a tandem last night and a transmitter for his other one (he he he) Poor guy's not gonna' get any work done lol! :banana:

I'm like an epidemic ruining the lives of all those around me :w00t:

Darin Jordan
02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm like an epidemic ruining the lives of all those around me :w00t:

Dude... they make shots for that! :bounce:

I'm going to have to get online at Horizon and get me one of these things!! ;)

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Dude... they make shots for that! :bounce:

I'm going to have to get online at Horizon and get me one of these things!! ;)

Darin, I strongly urge you to get one of these cheap ones first. Speaking to people I've learned that many get bigger ones because they can't control the little ones.

If you master a micro coaxial, you'll be an ace with the larger ones. The bigger ones break all the time in crashes but the micro is super forgiving.

I need to shoot a video of what I've got this micro doin' 20 bux man, and you won't have to leave your couch.

properchopper
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Darin, I strongly urge you to get one of these cheap ones first. Speaking to people I've learned that many get bigger ones because they can't control the little ones.

If you master a micro coaxial, you'll be an ace with the larger ones. The bigger ones break all the time in crashes but the micro is super forgiving.

I need to shoot a video of what I've got this micro doin' 20 bux man, and you won't have to leave your couch.

Darin, we need you to jump in. Not only will you thank us, but we could use your analytical ability. Bill's correct, the micro-mini's rock. Sit on the couch & totally enjoy. Very robust as well. My larger Fry's cheapie needs the outdoors and NO wind, and is very breakable. Just Do It !!:biggrin:

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Darin, we need you to jump in. Not only will you thank us, but we could use your analytical ability. Bill's correct, the micro-mini's rock. Sit on the couch & totally enjoy. Very robust as well. My larger Fry's cheapie needs the outdoors and NO wind, and is very breakable. Just Do It !!:biggrin:

The heli kiosk guys sold me a larger cheapie as well, they threw in a parts heli and I was stripping it down after the first 2 flights. Now it still flies so I just use it as a shelf queen.

I was gonna' shnooker Randy with it 'cause he saw it loved the way it flew and wanted to trade me somethin' for it but I didn't have the heart to stick 'eem the way the kiosk guys got me LoL :doh:

Its bad enough I've got you guys all buggin' out on the little gizmos, I don't need to start rippin' ya' off LoL!!!

Ub Hauled
02-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I be Tony has not blinked in a few days now.... these suckers are fun!!! Tony, which one did you get?

properchopper
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I be Tony has not blinked in a few days now.... these suckers are fun!!! Tony, which one did you get?

I'm hopelessly addicted. I got one off fleabay that Bill recommended. Then I got a bigger one at Fry's. It's very fragile & needs some practice. Now looking at the E-Flite MSR. That's the ONE !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2WFAvbuys

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm hopelessly addicted. I got one off fleabay that Bill recommended. Then I got a bigger one at Fry's. It's very fragile & needs some practice. Now looking at the E-Flite MSR. That's the ONE !

I may pick up an MSR next..

Darin Jordan
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Now looking at the E-Flite MSR. That's the ONE !

But THAT is the one you guys were just trying to talk me out of! :tongue_smilie:

:biggrin:

Ub Hauled
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Tony llooked like a child with a new toy... oh wait... it is a child with a new toy!!!

RandyatBBY
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
They are fun, I got the scraps from Bill and worked on them last night till 1:00AM. I flew a little this morning, good fun.

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
But THAT is the one you guys were just trying to talk me out of! :tongue_smilie:

:biggrin:

Dont get the MSR Darin! I know I'm bein' a fence stiier but even ask Randy, the 20 buk specials are perfect!

properchopper
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Tony llooked like a child with a new toy... oh wait... it is a child with a new toy!!!

Hey, I resemtble that remark !!

Ub Hauled
02-08-2010, 04:11 PM
don't resemtble.. I wanna look like a child with a new toy too!!!! My waiting period started today...

RandyatBBY
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Dont get the MSR Darin! I know I'm bein' a fence stiier but even ask Randy, the 20 buk specials are perfect!

Yes I am as good as Proper I can make it hover. What is up though you said it had a broken lading gear which is not and the charge cord is missing? It was really only worth $15.00 with all the work I had to do, the charge jack was messes up too!

hydromaddicted
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Msr is'nt for your first one. Get the 20 dollar jobber first then when and if you stick with it and get bored flying a slow and steady coaxial then get an Msr.

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 04:47 PM
don't resemtble.. I wanna look like a child with a new toy too!!!! My waiting period started today...

UB go to your nearest major indoor shopping mall. theyre bound to sell them at a kiosk there. its the ones with the BS rc cars with flashing lights and BS. You can buy them used for pennies.

BILL OXIDEAN
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Yes I am as good as Proper I can make it hover. What is up though you said it had a broken lading gear which is not and the charge cord is missing? It was really only worth $15.00 with all the work I had to do, the charge jack was messes up too!

Really? I didn't inspect the radio on the tandem, the TX I gave you should have been in good shape
-Sorry

RandyatBBY
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Really? I didn't inspect the radio on the tandem, the TX I gave you should have been in good shape
-Sorry

No problem, just busting your chops!:sarcasm1:

properchopper
02-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Bill, I don't know whether to kiss you :hug1:or shoot you. I now have THREE, count 'em THREE helis in less than a week . I just picked up an E-Flite Blade MCX
S300 and it's BAD !!! Perfect control, hovers like it's encased in glass ! Even has a "dual rate for dummies" setting to soften the inputs while learning. Lovin it !!!!!!

hydromaddicted
02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Bill, I don't know whether to kiss you :hug1:or shoot you. I now have THREE, count 'em THREE helis in less than a week . I just picked up an E-Flite Blade MCX
S300 and it's BAD !!! Perfect control, hovers like it's encased in glass ! Even has a "dual rate for dummies" setting to soften the inputs while learning. Lovin it !!!!!!

The MCX in a weeks time is going to make you need to have an MSR:doh: now your doomed.

properchopper
02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
The MCX in a weeks time is going to make you need to have an MSR:doh: now your doomed.

I thought about the MSR, but my apt's like 10 by 12 feet so no high performance manuevers are likely possible. Then again, anything can happen !! :w00t:

Brushless55
02-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I thought about the MSR, but my apt's like 10 by 12 feet so no high performance manuevers are likely possible. Then again, anything can happen !! :w00t:

Oh man, you got the bug!
If you do get the MSR, hang on to your hat.. that bugger is fast. :thumbup:

RandyatBBY
02-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Broke both of mine is just a short moment, Dang

hydromaddicted
02-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Lots of good beginner Heli info here http://www.dream-models.com/eco/index.html
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

befu
02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
yeah, that MSR is a different animal. But kick on the dual rate to tame it down, flies more like an MCX coaxial. My boys do great on the co-axials, wouldn't dream of handing them the controls to the MSR.

The MCX can get boring because it is so stable and slow after awhile. But it is challenging to see just were you can fly it and land it!

Brian

Brushless55
02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
crank the expo on the MCX for a bit more fun
and you can tame the expo on the MSR for a bit more tame flight, but they are still a fast heli for their size.. :thumbup1:

properchopper
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
crank the expo on the MCX for a bit more fun
and you can tame the expo on the MSR for a bit more tame flight, but they are still a fast heli for their size.. :thumbup1:

At the present time, until I find a bigger space to fly in, I'm restricted to flying in a 10X 20 foot bachelor pad. No need for high performance or speed. Outdoors, since I'm a mile from the ocean, lots of wind. I'm calling the LHS today to see if I can hook up with some fliers that have a large indoor venue. Until then, the MCX on "dual rate for dummies" is the best I can hope for. And yup, looking forward to a single rotor bird. For the record, I'm just keeping myself from going crazy from FE withdrawal ; my raceboats are dialed in and "on the shelf" waiting for WW VI in Arizona the end of the month :w00t:

AlanN
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I just keep playing with the 2 channel Air hogs copter an in-law gave me over a year ago. It's a challenge just trying to hover without for/rev motion control...'specially when the heat kicks on and starts making thermals all over the living room. But you guys definitley have me interested in getting another. Would be cool to get some mini cameras and hover over the pond with a live feed though eh?

pescador
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Here's one for you guys, it can carry a liter of Coke and a camera and come back by itself.
Pretty cool.
http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/VideoAbspielen?id=188

properchopper
02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Here's one for you guys, it can carry a liter of Coke and a camera and come back by itself.
Pretty cool.

Total MINDBLOWER !! Hope the US Joint Chiefs of Staff see this :spy:

Karfrik
02-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow that thing takes off like a rocket!!!!... or i must say like an UFO!!?? not that i have seen one in person(only on TV)....lol
I`ve seen something,coincidentally,called the UFO.There are some other variations as well.Some with 3 props others with 4.If i remember well the good ones go for around $100-150.Cool flying i must say,.........................Al

Drag Boat Bob
02-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Simply Amazing! Just like the Germans to come up with this...

No, I am not going to succumb to the helicopter addiction...

I hope this works...

Brushless55
02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Pretty cool.

I want one!
that would make for some really awesome video shots of FE racing with my Sony HD cam.. :bowdown:
I wonder how much they are?

properchopper
02-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Would be cool to get some mini cameras and hover over the pond with a live feed though eh?

http://www.raidentech.com/rchemispycam.html

BILL OXIDEAN
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I just keep playing with the 2 channel Air hogs copter an in-law gave me over a year ago. It's a challenge just trying to hover without for/rev motion control...'specially when the heat kicks on and starts making thermals all over the living room. But you guys definitley have me interested in getting another. Would be cool to get some mini cameras and hover over the pond with a live feed though eh?

Nayman, i started with a little 2 channel one and you're right, heat drafts from central heating vents do weird stuff to 'em. they seem to rise in the heat and it blows warm air down on you sometimes.

Get a 3-channel cheapie like the one I referred to Tony. they're only 20 bux near indestructable and way fun

Its a perfect step up from a 2-ch.
I've got a metal one the size of the MCX but I find it less fun, and more fragile
I assume the MCX and MSR are way better quality than my metal one, but the cheapies fly great and are perfect for living room action

AlanN
02-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Bill.

BTW is there anyway you could get Tony to stop making bad adult type movies of himself in his tighty undies while he plays with his toys?

Tony,
Not a bad looking toy in your link but was thinking more like having 2-3 of those german octo copters hovering over the pond!

BILL OXIDEAN
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks Bill.

BTW is there anyway you could get Tony to stop making bad adult type movies of himself in his tighty undies while he plays with his toys?

Alan I've tried, but the guy's got a fan base of about 25,000 house wives that keep cheerin' him on..

AlanN
02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
LOL!

Thanks Bill you made my day!

BILL OXIDEAN
02-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I Would be cool to get some mini cameras and hover over the pond with a live feed though eh?

I just realized the potential in that.. Dude, we could have the race filmed birds eye like a real offshore race from 3 positions! That is very possible and would make history

SpeedoMan
02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
I just realized the potential in that.. Dude, we could have the race filmed birds eye like a real offshore race from 3 positions! That is very possible and would make history

http://www.xheli.com/sm18gmihew2g.html :popcorn2:

Brushless55
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.xheli.com/sm18gmihew2g.html :popcorn2:

That's the gum camera you can buy on ebay for less than 15bucks :thumbup1:

Brushless55
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM

That would be awesome! :rockon2:

properchopper
02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Well I just ordered the FOURTH helicopter in just over a week ! [there's no hope for me , I know:help:]

http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-4-helicoptor-2-4g-metal-edition.html

{whoops, go to left column, click browse by # of channels, click 4 channels, scroll to Walkera HM #4 helicoptor (2.4G metal edition) click to enlarge}

The first E-Bay one is still fun. Then bought a Fry's $80 piece of crap- got away from me, flew out of sight & found it a half block away in the hands of two very surprised gardeners ! Refunded it. Bought an E-Flite Blade MCX S-300 for indoors & it totally rocks ! The Walkera got me by the short hairs just by its looks. Got 2 neighbors doing helis now as well. CAUTION : these are worse than crack !!

Darin Jordan
02-12-2010, 04:10 PM
The neat thing about RC Helis and Cars/Trucks, is that you can use them pretty much whenever and wherever you want... You don't need recover boats, or an airfield... and minimal support equipment...

Gotta love it!

Tony, there is NO cure for your illness... Embrace it! ;)

Brushless55
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Why did I click on that link? :frusty:
Why did I click on that link? :crying:

properchopper
02-12-2010, 04:43 PM
The neat thing about RC Helis and Cars/Trucks, is that you can use them pretty much whenever and wherever you want... You don't need recover boats, or an airfield... and minimal support equipment...

Gotta love it!

Tony, there is NO cure for your illness... Embrace it! ;)

Right you are Sir ! You can just sit on your bed in your undies and do it [ fly helis, that is. Sorry for the last vid, I'll dress better for the next one :doh:]

Darin, you can get a Blade MCX S300 BNF (bind & fly) for $ 79.99; bind it to your Spectrum, & have a blast. The E-Flights from Horizon are super quality. Maybe your friendship with them may get you some slack on $$.

Darin Jordan
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Why did I click on that link? :crying:

Hahahahaha!!! Need to get the World Health Org to declare this a Pandemic!!

Tony... Yup... I just might have to do that!

Rex R
02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
If you get tired of those itty bitty heli's...take a look at this.
http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MikroKopter
;
rex

justintime2w8
02-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Birthday is in June, 3.5 months then it is blade msr for me;-)
But that is it, just 100 bucks taken away from my boats.

Brushless55
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Birthday is in June, 3.5 months then it is blade msr for me;-)
But that is it, just 100 bucks taken away from my boats.

100 bucks, uh ya sure.. that's what they all say :rofl:

illz302
02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Def into the helis here is a pic of my latest project the T-rex 500

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj378/illz302/RC/Air/CIMG1426.jpg

Brushless55
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
nice man!
I'm looking for a T-Rex 600E

illz302
02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
yea the 600 is what I originally wanted but its sooooooo expensive to repair on every crash. If it wasn't for the HobbyKing replacement kit it would be a nightmare and still it kinda is cause the blades alone are close to $100 a set. And with that much blade inertia you will most likely bend your main shaft at the same time.

Not to say the 500 doesnt have enough inertia to do that but its the size I was looking for at the time. Remember the larger the heli the more stable it will naturally be:thumbup1:

sailr
02-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I bought one of the micro helis on ebay and it flies like crap. Can't trim out the yaw. Just spin city. I have another one with two rotors (troop transport). It flies GREAT!

RandyatBBY
03-04-2010, 02:38 AM
I have been running one of Wills choppers he wanted me to fly so bad he made sure I had one. Tonight I flt like I was almost able to control the chopper for a full run in the pack. Why I must be getting better!:blah:
Thanks Will, your phone messages are full.

BILL OXIDEAN
03-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I bought one of the micro helis on ebay and it flies like crap. Can't trim out the yaw. Just spin city. I have another one with two rotors (troop transport). It flies GREAT!

I've got a few of the transporters and they ROCK!! Sailr dont give up on the micro helis at 25 bux order another one try to get a syma brand. the crummy one you bought can be used as a parts chopper..

BILL OXIDEAN
03-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I have been running one of Wills choppers he wanted me to fly so bad he made sure I had one. Tonight I flt like I was almost able to control the chopper for a full run in the pack. Why I must be getting better!:blah:
Thanks Will, your phone messages are full.

I'm glad you got it goin' man.. I was gonna' just give you another one or do surgery on your existing ones..

I'm very upset about the new one you ordered ME WANT!!!!

RandyatBBY
03-04-2010, 12:08 PM
thought I would post a picture for you to drool on.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3412/ty08mjinxingdavenus322t.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/ty08mjinxingdavenus322t.jpg/)

properchopper
03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Drool on this :rockon2:

Brushless55
03-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Very nice properchopper!

properchopper
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM
So I goes to the store, and when I get back, the Walkera 4# and the MCX S300 mated and gave birth to a Blade MSR. Go figure !!

Rumdog
03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
any of you heli nuts wants a MSR, i have one for sale in the swap shop!

boater76
03-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Anyone have one of these? If so any decent? I used to have a Blade CX Micro but it sucked. It was 4 channel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170315985171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Rumdog
03-08-2010, 09:04 AM
How does the blade mcx suck? It is a excellent co-ax to learn to fly on. Very durable and a VERY stable flyer.

properchopper
03-08-2010, 11:11 AM
How does the blade mcx suck? It is a excellent co-ax to learn to fly on. Very durable and a VERY stable flyer.

:iagree: The MCX ( I have the S300 version) makes me feel like I actually have some coordination. I just love it. The MSR still has me sweating !

boater76
03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Correction I used to have one of these. Has problems with it.

http://www.helimax-rc.com/helis/hmxe09-index.html

VooDuuChild
03-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Anyone have one of these? If so any decent? I used to have a Blade CX Micro but it sucked. It was 4 channel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170315985171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Post #1, greetings....newbie here, been lurking for a while...... Anyhow, that heli you've listed looks to be a non-gyro one (probably a 6020 is my guess). What you wanna go for is a 6020-1 or a 6023-1 ( I have the latter). They're both real similar, both have replacement parts (probably a few more parts available for the 6020-1), and these are super stable. My 6023-1 came with a usb charger so I just plug it into my laptop to charge it. Usually charges in about 15-20 minutes, can run all out for over five minutes (I usually cut it after four to be nice to those tiny motors and battery), then let it cool, charge and fly again. I've never used the tx to charge it as that'd just eat up my batteries in that. I highly recommend those two models. Just make sure you don't get the 6020 (there's a 6020 and a 6020-1) as the 6020 has no gyro is isn't that much fun due to that. Any questions, pm me and I can give you links to some threads on other forums (maybe that's against the rules on the main board, I dunno, I'm new here) that are VERY insightful on these tiny little heli's. We've already been modding them, losing weight, bigger batteries, etc. Just eBay search 6023-1 and 6020-1 and it should turn up some.

properchopper
03-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Just installed the E-Sky 20 dollar simulator from XHeli.com. Comes with a Tx & USB cable & disc. Waay cool !! Check it out on XHeli site. [ I know, I know, the real deal sim's are nearly 200 bucks but this works really nice for the $$] Fly all day & never break a blade !

BILL OXIDEAN
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
You're gonna' see more helis than you can shake a stick at this weekend Mr...

properchopper
03-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Took my first heli lesson today ! Flew [with a buddy box] a T-Rex 450. WOW !!!

Nose out hover, yaw R, L, 180, sideways R & L. I'm so stoked !! Fleet now includes : E-Bay 3 ch., Blade MCX S300, stock MSR ; customized MSR, Walkera 4#,
Blade SR & E-Sky simulator. When finances allow, my instructor's building me a T-Rex. The only way to fly !!

For those heli guys that missed it, here's what went on right next to our booth at RCX : Buckle up !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYpRv06F_hs

wolf IV
03-26-2010, 12:44 AM
freek'n crazy!! i saw this as well the other day. if you fly heli's you can truly appriciate the talent here! before i flew i would watch and think "wow" there outa controll... just the opposite! now the question is: how much $ did he spend to get this good? ;) hey ive got a 450 ill part with ??? needs a gyro thats it.. its an se with all alum head.

properchopper
03-26-2010, 12:59 AM
freek'n crazy!! i saw this as well the other day. if you fly heli's you can truly appriciate the talent here! before i flew i would watch and think "wow" there outa controll... just the opposite! now the question is: how much $ did he spend to get this good? ;) hey ive got a 450 ill part with ??? needs a gyro thats it.. its an se with all alum head.

I talked to the guy; he has over 1500 hours on a simulator plus years of flying. He modestly said he's in the top 10 in the US. I watched him all day for two days ; made me feel rather "less than" :o I\

I'm interested in your 450; pm me with details, maybe trade for some boat stuff or ?

AndyKunz
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
You gotta come out to IRCHA.

Andy

Brushless55
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I talked to the guy; he has over 1500 hours on a simulator plus years of flying. He modestly said he's in the top 10 in the US. I watched him all day for two days ; made me feel rather "less than" :o I\

I'm interested in your 450; pm me with details, maybe trade for some boat stuff or ?

What's this guys name?

Brushless55
03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Have you all seen 6 year old Justin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSYSpevW79o

properchopper
03-26-2010, 03:03 PM
What's this guys name?

I wrote his name down & lost the note. It was either Smith or Jones. I feel bad, I should'a given him some recognition.

Darin Jordan
04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Looks like some more options for your addiction... Announced today:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH2580

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/EFL/450/EFLH2580-450.jpg

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH2400

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/EFL/450/EFLH2400-450.jpg

properchopper
04-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Bro ! The MCX Tandem is very cool, I've seen it fly, and the "Bind 'N Fly" feature makes it more accessable if one already has a Tx. Good move on Horizon's part for sure.The new MCX2 is VERY sharp - might end up being a "must have" addition to my fleet (squadron?). I hung out with some with the Horizon Heli guys at RCX. Very cool guys. One of the execs was flying a MSR around the r/c car track & beating the cars around the course !

My fleet now : E-Bay cheapie
MCX S300 (with lights)
MSR stock
MSR custom (with lights , CF landing gear coming)
Walkera 4# (waiting for parts) oops
Blade SR (at Horizon for refurb-OOPS)
E-Sky simulator

2nd lesson coming today on T-Rex 450 - saving up for one now - It's the Shizzle !!!

Glad I'm not hooked on FE boats - Oh, Wait :doh:

AlanN
04-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I really like that new Blade. Very sharp.

Ctonez
04-01-2010, 05:35 PM
This thread is pure evil. Those Heli demo vids are simply mind-boggling.

After a LOT of practice I could probably do some really nice ovals in the sky...but then I'd have to land it:Praying:...

BakedMopar
09-25-2010, 02:34 PM
HAHA Mr.Properchopper. After talking to you you had me looking at these things online. I've been searching different forums and my ol' lady got me a walkera lama 2-1, to screw around with at home. It didn't even come yet and I was eyeballing the walkera cb180z air rider.:frusty: Too bad I'm broke......

properchopper
09-25-2010, 03:13 PM
HAHA Mr.Properchopper. After talking to you you had me looking at these things online. I've been searching different forums and my ol' lady got me a walkera lama 2-1, to screw around with at home. It didn't even come yet and I was eyeballing the walkera cb180z air rider.:frusty: Too bad I'm broke......

Careful Bro, Helis are Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
addicting :eek::eek:

The Walkera 2-1 is a great trainer - it's a co-ax and self stabilizing. Great indoor heli-not outdoor wind capable. I have a 180Z [not the wind rider-also self stabilizing with a 45 degree flybar/single rotor/3-axis gyro.] I absolutely love it. I fly mine every morning in my back parking lot when there's no wind - I defeated the aileron and elevator gyros for more control. Once you feel comfortable with the 2-1 you can buy a "bind & fly" 180Z - uses the 2-1 Tx. Check out Wow Hobbies. BTW did I read somewhere that you might have a rigger possibly for sale ? Wanna trade for a T-Rex 450 clone RTF ? [ collective pitch- VERY hard for a beginner - it scares the sh*t out of me:doh:]

Mahalo !!

BakedMopar
09-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah she ordered it from Wowhobbies. It's was to get wet and fly indoors when it's raining. Yeah I talked to Jonathan yesterday and he was telling me about the cb180z pro and the ability to use the radio I'll be getting.

You know Christmas is comming up soon and I may be thinning the fleet. All depends how much side jobs I can book.

Aloha,
George

BILL OXIDEAN
09-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Looks like some more options for your addiction... Announced today:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH2580

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/EFL/450/EFLH2580-450.jpg

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH2400

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/EFL/450/EFLH2400-450.jpg

These 2 copters are good.
definitely the best supported.

LuckyDuc
09-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Helis are addictive. I've been flying for about 5 yrs now.

BTkyWwU7Ohk

properchopper
09-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Helis are addictive. I've been flying for about 5 yrs now.

BTkyWwU7Ohk

NICE !! After seven months with heli's I can hover nose out and chew gum. :doh:

LuckyDuc
09-25-2010, 07:28 PM
NICE !! After seven months with heli's I can hover nose out and chew gum. :doh:

That is about how long it took me to do the same. I still can't chew gum and fly nose in:laugh: I do think that it has helped my boat racing though.

properchopper
09-25-2010, 08:38 PM
That is about how long it took me to do the same. I still can't chew gum and fly nose in:laugh: I do think that it has helped my boat racing though.

Apparantly :thumbup:

BakedMopar
09-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Okay so I got my Lama 2-1 today and lets just say the darn charger can't keep up with me.:buttrock: I think I finally got it trimmed decent but this is WAY harder than it seems. Too much for my little brain. fun as hell though. My determination will keep me up all night.:doh:

Brushless55
09-28-2010, 11:44 PM
anyone with one of these bad boys?
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=BLH3100
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/BLH3100-15.jpg

properchopper
09-28-2010, 11:53 PM
anyone with one of these bad boys?
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=BLH3100
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/BLH3100-15.jpg

I have two MSR's [ the baby brother to the 120] . The 120's too small to fly outdoors in any kind of wind [I live near the beach] and too big for my small living space-Otherwise I'd have one now. It's got a 45 degree flybar[self stabilizing to some extent] but a nice heli.

Brushless55
09-28-2010, 11:55 PM
I've heard the 120's do well outdoors

BakedMopar
09-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I can finally hover decently and have been practicing landing on a shoe box. Still trying to get accustomed to this thing.

poobs
09-29-2010, 11:10 AM
So what is a good all around heli for less than $100.00

My kid will be frying it, I mean flying it so I would like something that can be repaired...

Thanks

properchopper
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
So what is a good all around heli for less than $100.00

My kid will be frying it, I mean flying it so I would like something that can be repaired...

Thanks

Learning helis involves lots of crashing. Durability and parts availability is the #1 consideration. In my opinion the Blade mCX2 RTF [$119] fits this perfectly. The included Spectrum DSM2 Tx has a 1/2 dual rate setting to make initial flights easier, and can be used for the next-step Blades like the MSR & SR120 which can be purchased minus the Tx [BNF]. If you can find a mCX S300 [same as the mCX2 except for canopy] they're sub $ 100.

syncronized77
09-29-2010, 01:32 PM
LOL...before getting into RC Boating, I didn't realize, aside of my wife, I would need something during the winter to occupy my time!

And since I moved to the frozen tundra here in Edmonton, Canada from Vancouver (don't ask me why)...micro helis have been the ticket :) And on the days that its not -20C, my E-maxx's with paddle tires are fun as well

But for the newb heli pilots...a co-axial heli like the MCX/MCX2s from E-flite are your best bet. Your local hobby store should stock tonnes of parts when you crash...but when you get bored of the speed of the MCX/mCX2...move up to a Blade MSR or a walkera CB100 :thumbup:

Brushless55
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Learning helis involves lots of crashing. Durability and parts availability is the #1 consideration. In my opinion the Blade mCX2 RTF [$119] fits this perfectly. The included Spectrum DSM2 Tx has a 1/2 dual rate setting to make initial flights easier, and can be used for the next-step Blades like the MSR & SR120 which can be purchased minus the Tx [BNF]. If you can find a mCX S300 [same as the mCX2 except for canopy] they're sub $ 100.

I agree Tony, that little bird I've flown straight into the wall and it keeps on going! :rockon2:
I have yet to break it, and I've tried :laugh:

properchopper
09-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree Tony, that little bird I've flown straight into the wall and it keeps on going! :rockon2:
I have yet to break it, and I've tried :laugh:

My indoor fleet : The "mouse" MSR, mCX S-300 , stock MSR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxr3oDKXZdQ

Brushless55
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
My new bird I picked up on ebay last week! :banana:
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/018-2.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/filmmaker2009/019-2.jpg

BakedMopar
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
I just got mine in the mail today too.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/aiko822/b941ee78.jpg