PDA

View Full Version : The Best Day Ever !

properchopper
01-18-2010, 05:07 PM
If there is a FE Heaven, I was there yesterday :biggrin: Joe V. { Questtek} invited Brad { FE WANNABE } and Josh { WOLF IV }, myself and some other SoCal boaties to his backyard FE playground for some good times. Joe was a great host ; Pizza, Wings, Munchies & chilled beveridges. Toured his lab & saw some amazing tech stuff. [ Just Wait, kiddies !]. Ran boats from his back porch (!) , munched, & met some friendly locals. Private lake, electric pontoon boat for running & rescue. Yowzah !!

Grab some :popcorn2: & enjoy [ scroll to next two posts for more]

Check out the back porch at the end of this [Vegas] vid !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJWAMNT-uLA

Josh's absolutely gorgeous, incredibly built, twin Neu-powered Maritomo from the pontoon boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4c32mBwd6E

properchopper
01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Brad's BBY hydro running with my UL-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicE1_TfDDY

Josh's Maritomo from the porch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZ8vZO6Nrw

H&M Shovel with fresh repairs & a new Turnigy 180 :tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WWyFCg_55w

properchopper
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
DF 33 P-Offshore setup testing out R & L turns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E7q0tuF5nU

Finally, the good 'Ole VS-1 / UL-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJLoGgRxfU

At the end of the day, I said a nostalgic goodbye to my trusty old Drifter S and passed it along to Brad, who was there in 2006 when it set the NAMBA LSO SAW record . She's in good hands now !

Joe, Thanks again for hosting such a good time, and Josh, welcome to SoCal Fast Electrics :beerchug:

andym
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Great set up and looks like a great day gad by all.

Rumdog
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Tony, the Vegas rocks!! Looks like upper 50's, no?

Jeepers
01-18-2010, 08:41 PM
looks you guys had a blast! man Tony that Vegas is SCREAMING!

Doby
01-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Bastards...............greetings from snowy and frozen Canada:crying::crying::crying:

Ub Hauled
01-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Tony sorry I missed being there, I was at a 5 yr. old B-day party...
I feel like the flakiest FE goer in our club... all I can say is, I'll be back soon,
things are settling down and I'll be able to at least be present at the lake again.

Talk to you soon my friend,
Jan

bonewar
01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
GOT TO SAY IT.

AWESOME SPOT YOU HAVE THERE.

THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE FASTEST VEGAS U-1 I HAVE SEEN. 2 OF MY FRIENDS OWN THAT HULL AND BOTH OF THERE BOATS WOULDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE . NICE WORK CHOPPER.

WOLF I JUST LOVE WATCHING THAT TIMO OF YOURS , IT REALLY LOOKS GOOD ON THE WATER.
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE HER DIALED IN REAL NICE DUDE. WHAT SPEEDS WAS SHE DOING.

CHOPPER HAVE TO AGREE VERY GOOD DAY'S BOATING .

THANKS FOR THE VID.

BONEWAR :rockon2::rockon2:

ncornacchi
01-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Bastards...............greetings from snowy and frozen Canada:crying::crying::crying:

Yeah, Boston here, only thing we can do is make ice cubes...but it's real nice to see some vids from the huys down South to keep your juices running! Thanks for the motivation!!

questtek
01-19-2010, 08:26 AM
You did a great job loading the video clips, Tony. Glad you enjoyed the day. It was a real pleasure to get some tips on FE set-ups and share some new technologies. Nice to be with such a great bunch of guys. Too bad we couldn't get some of the FE boys out that are stuck with ice covered ponds this time of year!

I am going to HK and China next week and visit some of the RC component mfgs so I should have lots more neat stuff the next time we get together. Jan, hope you can make it next time!

Eodman
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Sure rub it in you Beach Bums .... so much ice here on our ponds this year we won't run until April!

Karfrik
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Liked all boats for sure,but Joshs twin motor Maritomo(Or Maritimo?) hauls As....!!!
Love that sound!!! and the speed:w00t::rockon2:..
thanks for sharing the videos ,...Albert/karfrik

properchopper
01-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Tony, the Vegas rocks!! Looks like upper 50's, no?

With a few new prop tweaks of late, I'm sure it's pushin' 60 mph. Capable of more, but I don't want to beat it up. I knocked 2 seconds off the NAMBA 2-Lap record I had set with the H&M, & the H&M did a solid 60 through the SAW traps a few months ago. I really don't like the GPS Truth-O-Meter , if it LOOKS fast, it's good enough for me ! :olleyes:

properchopper
01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Sure rub it in you Beach Bums ....

Hey, hold on- It started to drizzle late Sunday at Joes. He actually had to deploy the electric motor driven awning to keep the drops from wetting the pizza !! :biggrin:

Brushless55
01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey, hold on- It started to drizzle late Sunday at Joes. He actually had to deploy the electric motor driven awning to keep the drops from wetting the pizza !! :biggrin:

Oh man!
we have frozen lakes.. :crying:

PC, do you think the MV is a better racer than the UL-1?

properchopper
01-20-2010, 12:17 AM
PC, do you think the MV is a better racer than the UL-1?

Excellent question ; thought about it a lot myself. Some points to consider :
[ given that we're talking about P-spec power]

The MV is 30" with relatively flat AoA sponsons. Stable in racewater & corners very well. The UL-1 is 27", lighter, and likely faster due to lighter weight & less wetted surface. Bad sponson dancing unless you reduce the AoA - I did that to mine & vented the forward part of the hull.

It'll be interesting to see what the racers show up with at WW VI. I'm betting that there'll be some PT SS 21's & Whiplash hulls with the UL-1 motors for P-Spec LSH.
These bigger hulls, like the MV, may be the trend. Staying on their bottom for 6 laps rather than all-out speed might be the winning ticket.

Brushless55
01-20-2010, 12:58 AM

The MV is 30" with relatively flat AoA sponsons. Stable in racewater & corners very well. The UL-1 is 27", lighter, and likely faster due to lighter weight & less wetted surface. Bad sponson dancing unless you reduce the AoA - I did that to mine & vented the forward part of the hull.

It'll be interesting to see what the racers show up with at WW VI. I'm betting that there'll be some PT SS 21's & Whiplash hulls with the UL-1 motors for P-Spec LSH.
These bigger hulls, like the MV, may be the trend. Staying on their bottom for 6 laps rather than all-out speed might be the winning ticket.

thank you! :thumbup1:

wolf IV
01-20-2010, 01:15 AM
DF 33 P-Offshore setup testing out R & L turns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E7q0tuF5nU

Finally, the good 'Ole VS-1 / UL-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJLoGgRxfU

At the end of the day, I said a nostalgic goodbye to my trusty old Drifter S and passed it along to Brad, who was there in 2006 when it set the NAMBA LSO SAW record . She's in good hands now !

Joe, Thanks again for hosting such a good time, and Josh, welcome to SoCal Fast Electrics :beerchug:
**SCFE*** BABBY:buttrock: Man im glad to see you had as good a time as i did!! All ive got to say is ..LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!:hug1:..... ill work on a few of my hydros for some battling for the next time!

wolf IV
01-20-2010, 01:22 AM
You did a great job loading the video clips, Tony. Glad you enjoyed the day. It was a real pleasure to get some tips on FE set-ups and share some new technologies. Nice to be with such a great bunch of guys. Too bad we couldn't get some of the FE boys out that are stuck with ice covered ponds this time of year!

I am going to HK and China next week and visit some of the RC component mfgs so I should have lots more neat stuff the next time we get together. Jan, hope you can make it next time!

Joe, thanks again for a wonderful time!!! im looking forward to see what this next year has in store for us! ive been running in the harbor for over 4 years by myself. MISS TIMO whispered in my ear last night while reminiscing on the bench, " didnt even know what to do with that much calm fresh water in front of me" ... :w00t: And... i now have a much better set up due to testing the smaller mah lipo's!! so cool...

wolf IV
01-20-2010, 01:29 AM
GOT TO SAY IT.

AWESOME SPOT YOU HAVE THERE.

THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE FASTEST VEGAS U-1 I HAVE SEEN. 2 OF MY FRIENDS OWN THAT HULL AND BOTH OF THERE BOATS WOULDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE . NICE WORK CHOPPER.

WOLF I JUST LOVE WATCHING THAT TIMO OF YOURS , IT REALLY LOOKS GOOD ON THE WATER.
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE HER DIALED IN REAL NICE DUDE. WHAT SPEEDS WAS SHE DOING.

CHOPPER HAVE TO AGREE VERY GOOD DAY'S BOATING .

THANKS FOR THE VID.

BONEWAR :rockon2::rockon2:
hahaha lol! WELLLL... IT RUNS 65 MPH ALL DAY LONG, BUT THE RUN JOE FILMED AND SAID I HIT 63MPH WAS INCORRECT IT WAS 65MPH... BUT THIS TIME OUT I HIT 67.1 WICH HAPPENS TO BE THE EXACT TOP SPEED I HIT IN THE HARBOR WEEKS PRIOR... STILL A BIT SHY OF MY 70 MPH MARK, BUT AGAIN THESE ARE WITH UNMATCHED PROPPS THAT ARENT WORKED. ONLY S&B 442'S. ILL GET SOME 442'S W/ A LITTLE LOVE HERE REAL SOON... I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR MASTER PIECE!!!!!!!!!:beerchug:

MarkF
01-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Tony,
Next time you guys go out let me know and I will try to make it out there as well. Joe I have run at that lake before a long time ago. Someone complained about the noise and they told us not to come back. Looks like you live on a nice strait part of the lake. I look forward to joining you guys.

Mark

RandyatBBY
01-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Tony
Is this the lake he was telling us at the SAW's about?

It would ne nice to see some of the boats up close too.

BILL OXIDEAN
01-22-2010, 07:54 PM
May I play if I'm down there when you're doin' it?
Looks like a great time to me!

Everything Tony puts in the water lights up like all four seasons..
Its because he PLAYS with his boats quite often for personal enjoyment.

Most laid back guy at an event ever..
I wish I could be so relaxed.

properchopper
01-22-2010, 07:56 PM

As long as I'm not busy playing with my Heli !

RandyatBBY
01-22-2010, 07:57 PM

I talked to tony this is the guy that was at the SAW's We were invited on monday that we left to come down and enjoy the lake.

BILL OXIDEAN
01-22-2010, 08:08 PM
I was a FOOL for not goin' that looks placid..
Enjoy a few beers, maybe a sandwich.. Everybody out there makin' hot passes, jokes

BILL OXIDEAN
01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
As long as I'm not busy playing with my Heli !

Mr. Heller, I picked up four more today lol..

sailr
01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
What is an MV?

Doby
01-22-2010, 10:28 PM
MV= Miss Vegas

tiletony
01-22-2010, 11:00 PM
wowo i am super jealous!!!!looks like fun... i only get to run bymyself and some times the local youngsters come out to watch....

FE Wannabe
01-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't know where I have been, but this is the first I saw this thread.
Thanks for posting the videos, Tony!

It was a great day and Joe's hospitality was second to none. :beerchug:
I could really get used to walking out my back door and running my boats like that.

The electronic goodies that Joe has that are sourced out of China are pretty cool. I hope to get my hands on some of them soon. (Hint-hint Joe)

There were a great bunch of guys there, not only the ones running the boats but spectators as well from the community, that were surprisingly very FE boat friendly and cheering us on.

It was great meeting Josh (Wolf IV) for the first time. That H&M Maritomo of yours is not only fast, but is a certifiable work of art. You do good work bud!

Tony, as I always it was great hanging with you. Hopefully enough of your FE experience will eventually rub off on me so I can put some boats together that will be race worthy.

I am hoping Joe will invite us there again soon. (Hint-hint #2)

I definitely agree Tony, it was the Best FE Day Ever! (even if only 2 out of my 4 boats worked as well as I hoped)
And yes, I will take care of your baby (Drifter S) and give her a good home.

Hope to see you guys soon.......
Brad

wolf IV
01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
wowo i am super jealous!!!!looks like fun... i only get to run bymyself and some times the local youngsters come out to watch....

Dont feel bad:hug1:, it will cost you more money in learning i figure but this is the first time ive ever ran with more than one person. and the third time ever ive ran in fresh water :) and ive been ADDICTED this for 4 years!!:beerchug:

wolf IV
01-28-2010, 09:29 PM
"It was great meeting Josh (Wolf IV) for the first time. That H&M Maritomo of yours is not only fast, but is a certifiable work of art. You do good work bud!" THANKYOU!!! HOPEFULLY WE CAN DO IT AGAIN !.... JOE:zip-up::rofl::lol:

questtek
03-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Well guys, I am finally back in Lake Forest after about 7 weeks traveling in Asia. I spent lots of time at RC boat factories and brought back a wealth of new technologies. It is time to have another Sunday run on the lake. Again, I provide the food and drinks…you provide the brains!

Proper chopper, FE wantabe, Wolf IV, etc..........This means YOU!

This time we will not only run your boats but evaluate some of the many new technologies I brought back with me. They range from new brushless motors, waterproof ESC’s, HD Ultra-Miniature video cameras that can go on the smallest Mini-Boat to a neat 880 mm fiberglass mono with a stinger drive and very nice hardware. (pic attached)

One of the key products is a new brushless motor that is matches the specs of the New 1515. I need to evaluate them for application into some Oceanographic research projects and a special project for the Singapore Navy. I have both the 2000KV and 2200 KV versions. I saw a recent test report on these new motors by the Germans and they received an A+ rating. This is a new 4-pole motor with Upgrated Japanese bearings and several US manufactured components. The 8 turn verison turns 2200 KV and the 9 turn version 2000 KV. They have 5 mm shafts , dimensions 40 MM dia and 74 mm long weighing in at 449 grams. Max voltage is 22.2 with a resistance of 0.0062, and no load current of 1.8 amps. Max watts is 2264 (120 amps x 22.2 VDC) . You have to provide the case water cooling.

I brought back a few extra motors so if any qualified person is ready to evaluate one of them I will make a special offer of $125 plus $5 and that is US shipping to you in just a few days. (Sorry US only since I cannot deal with customs forms, etc) BUT, I do need a test report and honest evaluation…good, bad or ugly. For another $20 I will throw in a new 5 mm stainless shaft coupler AND a new water cooled mounting bracket for the motor to make your evaluation a bit easier.

Let me know your thoughts…………………..best, Joe

wolf IV
03-04-2010, 12:35 AM
awesome buddy!!! Im looking forward to it. glad you got back safely, just let us know when you figure out a date. Ill be there !

questtek
03-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Great and good to hear from you. Do you have a boat currently running a 1515? If so, I would like to compare its performance with the new clones that I am evaluating. We can GPS both of them on the lake and do the actual comps. I can use the Eagle Tree to get detailed data. Let me know.....Joe

FE Wannabe
03-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Joe,
You can count me in as well for another fun run.
Let me know what works best for you.
Can't wait to see the new goodies!

Brad

properchopper
03-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Welcome back ! Sounds like you had a productive trip. Like to see the new goodies. Both my Vegas and H&M shovel run 1515 1y's. [ with 5.5 mm connectors]
Love to get together anytime [ 3/20 & 3/21 is RCX - I'll be there - have to check out the helis - my latest addiction]. See 'ya soon. :thumbup1:

wolf IV
03-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Great and good to hear from you. Do you have a boat currently running a 1515? If so, I would like to compare its performance with the new clones that I am evaluating. We can GPS both of them on the lake and do the actual comps. I can use the Eagle Tree to get detailed data. Let me know.....Joe

i have my miss bud running a 1515 and waiting on a miss vegas and have one for her too!

RandyatBBY
03-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Joe
Why do we not plan on the monday after the SAW's for a group day at your place. I am too tired to be as cool as Proper but hope you had a lot of fun on your trip.

wolf IV
03-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Monday? Doesnt anyone work?

BILL OXIDEAN
03-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Joe
Why do we not plan on the monday after the SAW's for a group day at your place. I am too tired to be as cool as Proper but hope you had a lot of fun on your trip.

I second that!

questtek
03-04-2010, 10:34 AM
When are the SAWS? Sounds like it has potential as a good date to get together but I need to know exactly what Monday that will be. My wife is going out of town at the end of the month to visit her mom in Canada so that has potential of being a great time to get together.

Would love to see Randy and Bill down also. My, Bill is looking quite daper these days!

Anyway, just let me know what Monday you have in mind and I will do my best to arrange a group fun fest. Best, Joe

properchopper
03-04-2010, 10:50 AM
The SAWs at Legg are March 27 & 28. That would make Monday March 29 the target date.

MarkF
03-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm in when you guys figure out a date.

Mark

questtek
03-04-2010, 07:24 PM
i have my miss bud running a 1515 and waiting on a miss vegas and have one for her too!

Wolf, Want to come up this Sunday AM? I have the 1515 Neu clone in my new 880 mm mono with stinger drive. Just did a run and it need your tweaking. Running 4 S LiPos with 45C rating 5000 mAhr. Bring your prop selection please if you can make it. Son(s) are welcome too.

I am checking with the wife for the big FE event at my house on Monday March 29th. Do not think there will be a problem but for those of us who are married, you know who the boss is! With her Papal blessing it is a done deal and I can officially set it up. In the meantime, think about this Sunday for a FE tweak session! (I really want your opinion on this new 1515 , 4-pole clone. Joe

wolf IV
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Wolf, Want to come up this Sunday AM? I have the 1515 Neu clone in my new 880 mm mono with stinger drive. Just did a run and it need your tweaking. Running 4 S LiPos with 45C rating 5000 mAhr. Bring your prop selection please if you can make it. Son(s) are welcome too.

I am checking with the wife for the big FE event at my house on Monday March 29th. Do not think there will be a problem but for those of us who are married, you know who the boss is! With her Papal blessing it is a done deal and I can officially set it up. In the meantime, think about this Sunday for a FE tweak session! (I really want your opinion on this new 1515 , 4-pole clone. Joe

ITS LOOKING LIKE MY WIFE IS WORKING AT 11 AM :ThumbsDown01:I JUST GOT HER SCEDULE. THES OFF UNTIL 5 PM ON SAT THOUGH?? TOO HARD WITH THE BOYS, BUT IF SA. WORKS FOR YOU LET ME KNOW.

Rumdog
03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey Wolf, you get anything done on that 1/8 proboat yet?

wolf IV
03-04-2010, 11:33 PM
hey wolf, you get anything done on that 1/8 proboat yet?

not yet buddy, i'm gonna be really honest as i need your guys' prayers. I'm in the middle of a nasty divorce and i haven't got the time to build nor the motivation. Ive tried to consume my time w/ the boats and new builds but its really getting rough and its hard to find joy in much theses days. I didn't mean to ruin the mood here, and i know i'm m way off topic but enough said... Please keep me and my two boys in your prayers guys.

FE Wannabe
03-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Josh,
I am sorry to hear that things are not getting better. I hope and pray that if things can't be reconciled between you two that the divorce will be as pain free as possible.
Let me know if I can help you and the boys in any way.
I will keep your family in my prayers
God Bless

Brad

wolf IV
03-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Thank you Brad, its looking pretty ugly.. My wife is easily influenced and people have steered her far away from the logical thing. we need your prayers! thank you brother. F*(*** ......MY POOR BOYS.....

questtek
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Josh, Sat. would be great if you want to come by and run a bit on my lake. I am going to the RC Flying Field at the Great Park in Irvine about 8 AM on Sat. You are welcome to join me there first if you want. I will be back at my house around 10 AM so anytime after that would be great.
If I can do anything to help, just let me know.

Jeff Wohlt
03-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Josh, been there three years ago. Two boys as well. You really have to come togther to sit them down...unless they are very young...mine were 12 and 7 at the time. All she told them was now you get two Chritmas' and two birthdays, etc. The older one now depises her and it is me that has to make him have respect for her when he bashes her....go figure.

Call if I can help ya. Hang tough...

properchopper
03-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Josh, you have a PM.

Tony

questtek
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Best Day Ever Number Two Scheduled !

OK, Properchopper, Randy, Bill, Brad, Josh, etc the date has been set per your recommendation for the next fun run at my lake in Lake Forest. It will be on Monday, March 29th from about 9-10 AM to 5 PM. This will be after the Sat-Sun SAW event so hopefully many of you will be able to make the trip south from the Lake to my home which is basically at the intersection of the 5 and 405 Freeways.....better known as The Orange Crush!

wolf IV
03-05-2010, 10:01 PM
thank you Brad , Tony and Jeff. ((true friends... ))i just need prayer for self control at this point. Joe, im callling you now.

Jeff Wohlt
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
The worse thing you can do is lose your cool. There is a book out you may want to get at Barnes...something like how you make sure you get what you deserve in a divorce. Check it out. Of course, there is one for the female as well. Has good info in it.

My best move was my wife had 24 years in with the state and I had 7....so you can get half of her retirement and she gets yours. That was my ace in the hole...and she thought I was bluffing...LOL.

tsenecal
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
properchopper,

i am a relative noob to the FE scene, can you explain/define the "AoA sponson" terminology used to describe the differences between the MV and UL-1 in post #17?

thanks

questtek
03-06-2010, 12:29 AM
thank you Brad , Tony and Jeff. ((true friends... ))i just need prayer for self control at this point. Joe, im callling you now.

Josh, Got in late tonight, probably too late to call. I just watch at the RC flying field and talk to the guys. I crashed two planes and then went onto boats! (Doing MUCH better since I only crashed one boat so far)

Yes, insurance and AMA membersip are both needed at the field. But it is a great place just to watch and meet the guys so I would recommend it for your first time to see just how they are organized. Lots of good technical people there well versed on BIG electrics, ...like UAV and DARPA types.

I will be there about 8 AM so just go to the Great Park off the 5 at Jeffery Road. A bit tricky to find so give me a call in the morning if you are interested. Best, Joe

properchopper
03-06-2010, 01:40 AM
properchopper,

i am a relative noob to the FE scene, can you explain/define the "AoA sponson" terminology used to describe the differences between the MV and UL-1 in post #17?

thanks

Tim,

The AoA [angle of attack] describes the amount of rise from the back of the sponson to the front of the sponson.The greater the AoA, the more the boat rides on the back of the sponson, which creates less drag and more speed, but in the case of the UL-1 can create some stability issues, such as wobbling from side to side at speed. I've all but eliminated the wobbling on my UL-1 by adding ride pads which reduced the AoA. The Vegas has a relatively mild AoA and is very stable and with enough motor can get up & go !

wolf IV
03-07-2010, 04:12 PM
AH man... :crying:how come on a Monday? Am i the only one who works.. bummer, i wont be making any get togethers unless we can do them on the weekends...:Praying:

questtek
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
AH man... :crying:how come on a Monday? Am i the only one who works.. bummer, i wont be making any get togethers unless we can do them on the weekends...:Praying:

Picked this Monday since most of the guys will be down for the SAWS. Recommended by Tony. It would be nice to get all the FE's together including Randy and WIlber, etc before they head back north.

SInce you are close, we can plan on next Sat or Sunday to test your new boats and set that speed record now that you have the matched props!

wolf IV
03-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Ok sounds good, ill bring my box of props ive got 30 or so s/b so we will find something good for your mm. I started hacking another miss vegas i got hold of and installed the wire drive today. Still waiting on the other mv. Ive got to fab the rear lip on the hatch and c/f everything. Got the motor in the mm(7xl) and waiting for esc;s(in the mail). Primered the 22'' mono and have all the holes drilled for the hardware needs sanding and paint... The rain has held me up on the c/f (epoxy/resin) and paint. We shall see what this week brings. Worst case ill be there next weekend w/ props for you and to get that 70 mph w/ the timo. Ill call you later in the week to set up a time.