PDA

View Full Version : Help with Lipo's?

punit
01-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Hello guys, I am just trying to understand Lipo's a bit more. I am going to use 2xNEU 2230/1Y motors in my CT04 and was told to use one 10s2p or 12s2p lipos per motor. I have found a 10s1p(Enerland Lipo's) but not a 12s1p. To get 10s2p do i just run two 10s1p lipo's in parallel? And how would i get 12s1p,do i use two 6s1p's in series? Also what ESC would you recommend,Schulze 40-160 or Hydra 240HV? Not worried about the $$$$$,just want top of the line equipment!:beerchug:

punit
01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
All these views and not one reply.....:cursing:I guess nobody can answer this question???? Thought this was an electric forum where i can get help!!!!

westbeach
01-17-2010, 12:10 PM
You pretty much answered your own questions. There is 12s lipo packs (not series of 6S)
Flightpower makes them for the e-helis and planes. And you have the money get the Schulze. Do a search too if you have any doubts. Your question can pretty much be answered if you take the time and did some research to verify your doubts.

All these views and not one reply.....:cursing:I guess nobody can answer this question???? Thought this was an electric forum where i can get help!!!!

hydromaddicted
01-17-2010, 12:16 PM

I think most are suprised that your asking such basic lipo questions and talking about 2 2230's and 10s or 12s x2:eek:

Fluid
01-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Insulting the forum is no way to get help. It simply underlines the probability that you are going in way over your head, as was alluded to in the post above. No one here will condone starting in FE with a 10S or 12S twin project. This kind of large model taxes even experienced builders.

If you have to ask such very basic questions, don't start with a big twin. Start with a much smaller cat with a single or twin drive. Learn how FE works on a small scale, then tackle the big build.

m4a1usr
01-17-2010, 12:29 PM
You can get a good perspective from reading the following, http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?p=150212#post150212 , but since you want to run some big packs you might consider building custom packs if you have the ability. The Euro folks are masters at designing and building large packs. It can be spendy but by looking at the components you have selected money doesnt appear to be an issue with your build. The problem you run into when using smaller packs and creating series and parallel circuits is keeping battery leads short. Its very important to keep them as short as possible, and thats going to be tough in your setup using off the shelf packs.

John

ksm2001
01-17-2010, 01:01 PM
It's Sunday morning and maybe some are just rolling out of bed or just logging on. Patience? :ThumbsDown01:

You'll find that some of the most knowledgeable people are on this forum and are willing to help, but sometimes they're not on the same time as you post and it might take a while for a reply.

Start with a smaller setup to learn before investing in a twin this size, just hurts more when it goes up in smoke and then realize that there is alot to learn first.

Ken

Punisher 67
01-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Punit are you still there , I personally would go with the Schulze 40/160's . Is this your first build...............???

punit
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
SORRY GUYS if i hurt anyone's feelings...Patience is the KEY!!! Yes this is my first electric build.
I have built many twin nitro and gas boats(mono,cats,outriggers) are electric boats harder to tune?

TRUCKPULL
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Here is a good read for you:

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showthread.php?t=24134

Larry

ksm2001
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Fe and gas are two very different types of power systems, I consider myself new in FE boats since I’ve only been in it for 4 years and have a *hit load to learn and it never ends but for myself the best way to learn is read read read, ask questions but start off by building something less expensive on a smaller scale. You will learn alot this way on how the motor, esc, batteries, hulls and props all come together and their limitations. It’s kind of like learning to drive a car; you wouldn’t start off in a Lamborghini. To give you a direct answer about setup is very difficult and so many things come into effect in a FE hull that will make it run great or can damage components if not done properly. Heat is one of the biggest enemies, run to big a prop or to wet and things heat up fast causing an excessive load on motor, esc and Batteries which will cause one or more components to fail. Once you have it setup though you will find it worth all the effort and realize that damn these boats haul azz.

Ken

punit
01-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Fe and gas are two very different types of power systems, I consider myself new in FE boats since I’ve only been in it for 4 years and have a *hit load to learn and it never ends but for myself the best way to learn is read read read, ask questions but start off by building something less expensive on a smaller scale. You will learn alot this way on how the motor, esc, batteries, hulls and props all come together and their limitations. It’s kind of like learning to drive a car; you wouldn’t start off in a Lamborghini. To give you a direct answer about setup is very difficult and so many things come into effect in a FE hull that will make it run great or can damage components if not done properly. Heat is one of the biggest enemies, run to big a prop or to wet and things heat up fast causing an excessive load on motor, esc and Batteries which will cause one or more components to fail. Once you have it setup though you will find it worth all the effort and realize that damn these boats haul azz.

Ken

:iagree: I am going to listen to the advice and start with something smaller! I am in the process of getting a MHZ Skater(1440mm) v-hull that i had planned to rig with a QD25ht. What you think about rigging that with a single electric motor?

punit
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Just have to put twin QD's in the CT04:bounce:

Doby
01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Get a SV 27 and learn FE from that.

Punisher 67
01-19-2010, 01:11 PM
You can still start your build in the interest of one day running it just at a much slower pace , the driveline for a gasser is virtually identicle to an electric . but by all means get a little RTR FE boat and start with the learning curve

Doby
01-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Good old Canadian common sense!

Punisher 67
01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
WOW Doby the East and West finally agree................:banana:

Doby
01-19-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm in BC right now, so i guess I'm more laid back right now!!!

ksm2001
01-20-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm in BC right now, so i guess I'm more laid back right now!!!

I was wondering why all that smoke was coming out of a plane flying over us the other day.:rofl:

Ken