PDA

View Full Version : big thanks to OSE forum members!

pmdevlin
01-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi, its been a while since last post, but would like to thank all the forum members that contributed to the completion of my 42" Scale Huntsman 28, with brushless set up.

There where some big problems over the last few months, but on the last recent test (small lake incase it blew up!) it ran very well, and there is still room for improvement.

The Hull handles a real treat for an overweight (6kg) old girl, running align 600l outrunner, (watercooled), 5 x 5000mah cells, 52.5mm "x" prop, castle hydra 120amp esc, 2:1 ratio gearbox belt drive.

I plan to try this set up with 50mm prop on 6 cells (fire extringuisher will be ready!), and then move to 1.5:1 ratio on 5 cells, starting with 50mm prop.

It was an unusal build, as there are very few large scale boats with a similar set up, so a big thanks to all!:thumbup1:

sailr
01-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Can't wait to see the results of your testing. Your boat is AWESOME!

pmdevlin
01-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Sailr,

I have a full build start to end on another forum, I didnt put it on here, as I thought it would be a bit boring to you fast elec guys, my version of fast is 20mph!! (hoping to get to 25mph:lol:)

I can post it on this forum if peeps think its interesting, or just go to the test results, I think that might be interesting as its GPS figures via Google earth, but it was early in the build so the speeds are poor. When weather improves I cant wait to get out with GPS on a big lake. Recent video was on a small lake and it was just over 0 degrees so lipos went off quick and the motor/esc didnt really have the chance to get going, and, the banks of the lake where a bit close at times and I bottled out!!

sailr
01-17-2010, 02:07 PM
No electric boat project is boring! I have a great appreciation for scale and would like to build some scale stuff myself. I look at the kit prices and I always chicken out plus the time (and talent) needed to build.

Hi Sailr,

I have a full build start to end on another forum, I didnt put it on here, as I thought it would be a bit boring to you fast elec guys, my version of fast is 20mph!! (hoping to get to 25mph:lol:)

I can post it on this forum if peeps think its interesting, or just go to the test results, I think that might be interesting as its GPS figures via Google earth, but it was early in the build so the speeds are poor. When weather improves I cant wait to get out with GPS on a big lake. Recent video was on a small lake and it was just over 0 degrees so lipos went off quick and the motor/esc didnt really have the chance to get going, and, the banks of the lake where a bit close at times and I bottled out!!