PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown is creating a political Tsunami in Boston

Steven Vaccaro
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Its nothing like I've seen before. People are searching for signs and can't get them. Spending their own funds to make them!!! Talk radio is flooded with talk about it. My wife is even interested in it! My kids are asking questions about it. And now Brown and Coakley are running neck and neck!!! He was once just a little bump in her road, now he's the mountain she has to climb!

:buttrock: :popcorn2: :rockon2:

tharmer
01-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I've heard that Coakley has been running a really crappy campaign.
-t

AndyKunz
01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Remember Steve, just because conservatives are becoming the front runners for an election doesn't give a mandate. Mandates are only given to Democrats. They only need to barely survive election to claim them. Shoot, they can even claim a mandate on health care when > 50% of the population has consistently opposed it almost from Day 1.

Andy

Steven Vaccaro
01-16-2010, 01:59 PM
I've heard that Coakley has been running a really crappy campaign.
-t

All negative adds for about a week now.
Plus it doesn't help that every time she opens her mouth, something stupid comes out. :laugh:

"Remember Steve, just because conservatives are becoming the front runners for an election doesn't give a mandate. Mandates are only given to Democrats. They only need to barely survive election to claim them. Shoot, they can even claim a mandate on health care when > 50% of the population has consistently opposed it almost from Day 1."
It doesnt matter. What King Obama want, he gets. :laugh:

The Scott Brown race is so important to Socialized Medicine that King Obama will take time out of his schedule to come campaign for Coakley. Arnt there other things that are more important in the world going on? Not to mention all the tax money we are paying for this visit.

Just imagine if he campaigns for another losing politician. Wont this be the 3 loser he's backed in the last year?

sailr
01-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Just what the Senate needs, another "Just Say NO" Obstructionist!

Steven Vaccaro
01-17-2010, 10:25 AM

I agree Jim. Your idea of obstructionist is my idea of a voice of reason.

Keep spending and some day we wont have to worry about importing from China, we will be China!

Dr. Jet
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM

That is the best thing that could ever happen to Congress. Congress is at its best when it's on vacation.

tharmer
01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Well, I;m with Jim. Apparently it's OK to spend trillions on useless wars but not OK to spend the same amount on health care for us. At least health care keeps the money in the US (OK, so does Blackwater but you know what I mean). "NO" is not a political platform. I'm still not sure why the Republicans are so set against all the money that will go to the big insurance companies if the health bill passes. Republicans have been giving big business the trillions for decades now.

befu
01-17-2010, 04:15 PM
War or health care?

Why spend billions on either???????

what the hell is wrong with people! my sides sucks less than the other side. Give me a break. Both sides give billions to thier supporting network. They are both corrupt and we are screwed.

You believe in hope from the Dems or repubs. I am preparing for change! If America comes out of this OK, I will be better off for it. If it gets nasty, my family may at least survive it.

Brian

sailr
01-17-2010, 04:50 PM
How soon you forget, the Republican congress for 6 years of the Bush Administration spent more on pork than any congress in history but that was just OK with you? Go figure.

I agree Jim. Your idea of obstructionist is my idea of a voice of reason.

Keep spending and some day we wont have to worry about importing from China, we will be China!

sailr
01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Well Said!

War or health care?

Why spend billions on either???????

what the hell is wrong with people! my sides sucks less than the other side. Give me a break. Both sides give billions to thier supporting network. They are both corrupt and we are screwed.

You believe in hope from the Dems or repubs. I am preparing for change! If America comes out of this OK, I will be better off for it. If it gets nasty, my family may at least survive it.

Brian

Steven Vaccaro
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
How soon you forget, the Republican congress for 6 years of the Bush Administration spent more on pork than any congress in history but that was just OK with you? Go figure.

I wasnt ok with it than and I'm not ok with it now. If you can tell me how healthcare is going to be funded without bankrupting the country I'm all for it. We need to clean up the current systems before starting new ones.

m4a1usr
01-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Not anymore! The Obama administration and the democratic majority house and senate are the largest pork spending government members ever. Thats something now on record. Ands its going to get worse. This year Congress wants a mandatory retirement system setup for the 70 million people who do not have their own 401K provided by their employer? So now uncle sugar wants to get into the retirement business? And guess who will pay? Those smart enough to have already created their own retirement plan. Who cares if its employer provided! Its called looking out for yourself, Planning, You democrats wanted bigger government and your going to get it. So dont bitch about it when you finally figure out the country is going further in debt because government spending is out of control.

Its going to take more then some bipartisan agreement to keep this country from spiraling down the road to political insanity. You all remember the definition of insanity? Expecting different results? Learn it. Live it.

John

Steven Vaccaro
01-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Not anymore! The Obama administration and the democratic majority house and senate are the largest pork spending government members ever. Thats something now on record. Ands its going to get worse. This year Congress wants a mandatory retirement system setup for the 70 million people who do not have their own 401K provided by their employer? So now uncle sugar wants to get into the retirement business? And guess who will pay? Those smart enough to have already created their own retirement plan. Who cares if its employer provided! Its called looking out for yourself, Planning, You democrats wanted bigger government and your going to get it. So dont bitch about it when you finally figure out the country is going further in debt because government spending is out of control.

Its going to take more then some bipartisan agreement to keep this country from spiraling down the road to political insanity. You all remember the definition of insanity? Expecting different results? Learn it. Live it.

John
Every time I talk to someone I get a answer something like this.
"Ya, but its the Bush Administrations fault!"
I'm tired of hearing that, presently Bush doesn't have his hand on things to make current changes. Just because Bush messed things up doesn't me we need to keep going and making things worse.

tharmer
01-18-2010, 12:20 PM
The OMB is the organization that knows whether Health Care will be a trillion dollar money sink or not. It thinks by the end of the first decade the Plan will have shown a 600 million profit.
-t

AndyKunz
01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Great. They bankrupt Social Security and create themselves another cookie jar to steal from.

Andy

m4a1usr
01-18-2010, 01:16 PM
The OMB is the organization that knows whether Health Care will be a trillion dollar money sink or not. It thinks by the end of the first decade the Plan will have shown a 600 million profit.
-t

If true it would be a monumental achievement. And one we would be proud to own as citizens of this fine nation. I for one do support a system like Canada has. Not the perfect Health Care plan but its something.

Now lets see how Scott Browns run for office turns out. You know, its too bad he didnt jump on the sarcastic remark Obama made about his driving around in a pickup truck during the campaign.

John

Steven Vaccaro
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
-t

How have they done with other budgets over the years? Not very well judging from the huge debt we have as a country.

Steven Vaccaro
01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
You know, its too bad he didnt jump on the sarcastic remark Obama made about his driving around in a pickup truck during the campaign.

John

John it amazes me how much that "Truck" has gotten under their skin! :bounce:
Go Brown, or go Broke like our government!

m4a1usr
01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Well its not official but the news is beginning to speak out. Looks like Scott has it sewn up.

http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2010/01/19/19629

John

Steven Vaccaro
01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Well its not official but the news is beginning to speak out. Looks like Scott has it sewn up.

http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2010/01/19/19629

John Brown called a local radio station about 15 minutes ago and said Martha called to concede.

Fluid
01-19-2010, 10:54 PM
First nail in the coffin........

Diegoboy
01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Good morning America... the honeymoon is OVER! :laugh:

Dr. Jet
01-19-2010, 10:58 PM
First nail in the coffin........

I hope we soon have that rapid-fire pneumatic nail gun going full speed!

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!
:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

RCprince
01-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Sounds like baseball.

JimClark
01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
:banana::banana::banana: