PDA

View Full Version : mean machine problems:(

skiaddict00
09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
so i finished my mean machine with the hydra 240 and the feigao 10 xl and i powered it up in my garage and the motor wouldn't spin the prop very fast. it was also making a very horrible sound. it sounded like it was struggling to start spinning. i'm super lost and bummed cause i'm going to lake powell for a week tomorrow.

FE_Chris
09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
That sucks bro. You come up with anything yet?

Steven Vaccaro
09-03-2007, 09:32 PM
What cells are you using? Did you check the voltage? Does the 10xl spin freely. There should be no binding? Double check to make sure the motor mounting screws are not to far into the motor. If so the winding could be crushed.

ace028
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I think that if you use cheap batteries it will cog (hesitate) to start because it is trying to find rotor position, I think but i'm still new to brushless. Try what Steve said, maybe try different batteries. Maybe check your voltage cut off setting as well.

ED66677
09-04-2007, 04:42 AM
just a stupid question... is there any battery type parameter to set on the Hydra?
if yes, as Steven ask, what battery are you usin? you need to set it up correctly, if the default setting is Lipo while you use Nimh, it might slow the motor down, actually that's what does the cheap Mystery ESC
... just an idea, I don't know the Hydra!!!

Fluid
09-04-2007, 07:12 AM
He was given lots of suggestions on another forum but has neither replied nor answered any questions. Apparently he is now at a remote location without internet access. :doh:

skiaddict00
09-04-2007, 12:08 PM
i think that i did screw the mounting screw in too far. i am using two duratrax4200 mah packs and two intellect 8.4 volt batteries. so they are a pretty high quality battery? i think. my problem is that i didn't have the bullet connectors so i just soldered the motor straight to the esc. :doh: last time i listen to the local hobby shop.... i just got internet access and i'll lose it soon :(k hopefully i can get it resolved...

Fluid
09-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Those Duratrax are not high-quality packs, but that shouldn't matter at all with your problem. Too-long screws will permanently damage the motor, that may be the problem. BTW, soldering the ESC to the motor is the best way to do it, assuming you can solder well. The only advantage to connectors is ease of switching components.