http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_palin_fox_news

Fox is really going for the dregs when it comes to journalism.:doh::roflol:

Rumdog
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
LOL, right where she belongs!

Bill-SOCAL
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Shocked!! Shocked I am!!

Who could have possibly seen THIS coming????

This is also likely part of "God's Plan". Amusing the hubris of thinking that God gives a rat's a$$ if you run for VP, or are a new-liar on Faux News.

Only thing worse are the moron athletes (as if there is another variety) that think God actually cares who wins a friggin' football game. Probably why He let 300,000 people die in the tsunami - he was figuring out who should win the Bowl games that year and got distracted.

bwells
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Wow!! Good punch! My stomach will be okay in the morning.:glare:

Steven Vaccaro
01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I cant wait to watch. :rockon2:

Why are athletes morons? Playing sports are a great way for kids to learn discipline, build friendships and stay if shape. Not to mention also keeping them off the street.

Rumdog
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
"that think God actually cares who wins a friggin' football game. " These are the ones that are the morons.

Steven Vaccaro
01-11-2010, 11:22 PM
"that think God actually cares who wins a friggin' football game. " These are the ones that are the morons.

This is what got me.
"Only thing worse are the moron athletes (as if there is another variety)"

Bill-SOCAL
01-11-2010, 11:34 PM
I am not speaking of amateur athletes or kids playing sports.

So I am sorry, but I am not certain that good role models pull guns on each other in the locker room over gambling debts.

Nor do they appear to be squeaky clean and wholesome while nailing anything with a heartbeat.

Good role models do not take performance enhancing drugs to set home run records, lie about it and then come clean after the statue of limitations expires.

Nor do they need remedial English lessons just so they can speak semi-complete sentences while being interviewed.

Nor do they go to college, take all kinds of scholarship money and abuse the privilege and then flunk most classes and bail to play in the Bigs.

I am sorry, but I do not think any of these are things that are good lessons for young people to learn.

Steven Vaccaro
01-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I am not speaking of amateur athletes or kids playing sports.

So I am sorry, but I am not certain that good role models pull guns on each other in the locker room over gambling debts.

Nor do they appear to be squeaky clean and wholesome while nailing anything with a heartbeat.

Good role models do not take performance enhancing drugs to set home run records, lie about it and then come clean after the statue of limitations expires.

Nor do they need remedial English lessons just so they can speak semi-complete sentences while being interviewed.

Nor do they go to college, take all kinds of scholarship money and abuse the privilege and then flunk most classes and bail to play in the Bigs.

I am sorry, but I do not think any of these are things that are good lessons for young people to learn.

Bill aren't you stereotyping? How many professional athletes are there in the country? How many do the wrong thing? The high profile ones you read and hear about. The media doesnt tell you about the guys going to hospitals and donating time and money to causes. There are good and bad in all occupations.

I thing I think we can both agree on, is that they are definitely over paid. :w00t:

RCprince
01-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Role Models Start at Home, and like I said about Politics, Localized sports not Nationalized (Buffoonery, Outlaws, Dope heads, Scofflaws). Post 80's, sports athletes are in no way close to being called role models. They are just a bunch of dysfunctional, sensationalized, commercialized, over exposed meal tickets for corporations or somebody's daughter or son.:blah::blah::blah::bounce:

domwilson
01-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Charles Barkley on Role models "I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids. "

domwilson
01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Other inspiring quotes on role models... http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/topics/role_models_quotes.html

bwells
01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree with RCPrince, sports dudes never impressed me but to get back on track is Sarah

RCprince
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I agree with RCPrince, sports dudes never impressed me but to get back on track is Sarah

What can truly be said about Sarah Palin? I think she was abducted by aliens 1,000 years ago and brought back in 2008 because she knows nothing about U.S history or current affairs, absolutely nil.

domwilson
01-12-2010, 12:35 AM
She knows something about history. She pulled the old argument from the '30's against healthcare reform...Death Panels.

tharmer
01-12-2010, 12:49 AM
S.P. and Faux Noixe. There's someone for everyone isn't there?

-t :thumbup1:

bwells
01-12-2010, 01:14 AM
RCPrince: and Obama knows everything about current affairs and US history? She is a done deal, get over it and move on

Bill-SOCAL
01-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Bill aren't you stereotyping?

Perhaps, that is if you mean stereotype in this conext:

Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups, based on some prior assumptions. A stereotype can be deemed 'positive', or 'negative'.

And since there are plentiful examples of the behavior that I am using to form my opinions it is hardly the case that I am making things up from nothing. But I will grant that I painted with a very broad brush.

How many professional athletes are there in the country? How many do the wrong thing? The high profile ones you read and hear about.

Uh, which makes them exactly the ones that kids know about. That is unless they have some secret access to athletes and such.

The media doesnt tell you about

Ah yes, the evil libberul media.

RCprince
01-12-2010, 02:11 AM
RCPrince: and Obama knows everything about current affairs and US history? She is a done deal, get over it and move on

I guarantee you, his youngest know more than Palin...plus Obama wasn't a Constitutional Law Professor?

bwells
01-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Bill: could you please make a post that is of your own words in a sentence or two without the qoutes that would give us a clear picture of what you are trying to say? Us piece of sh-t conservatives will be more than happy to listen as long as we can figure out what the hell you are saying, Thank you

Bill-SOCAL
01-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Uh, the quotes are so you know what I am responding to. Sorry if that makes it hard to follow.

AndyKunz
01-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Bill's not stereotyping - he's "profiling."

It sounds to me like there's some petty jealousy against jocks. Those who can, do. Those who can't become, um, teachers? Or is that stereotyping? :)

Andy

Bill-SOCAL
01-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Or is that stereotyping? :)

Andy

Nope, just missing the point. Again.

As far as being jealous, perhaps. In high school I played baseball and tennis (JV and varsity). Failed to go on to to professional sports. High school and just after I came close to making the US Olympic Judo Team. One spot out. After being the AAU US champ in my weight division for 3 years that sort of hurt. So maybe.

So after having played sports and been fairly decent perhaps my low opinion is the result of the disappointment of knowing what they could be as role models and what they actually are.

But back on topic, I think that SP going to Faux News is awesome. I truly hope that this becomes the springboard for her to becoming the GOP candidate for President in 2012. Which could happen. Unless she quits that too.

Darin Jordan
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I truly hope that this becomes the springboard for her to becoming the GOP candidate for President in 2012.

Keep telling that to youselves, people...

As for "quiting"... If you pay attention to the facts behind why she stepped down, you wouldn't be able to put her down for doing it...

But the Libs don't really like to look at the facts now, do they... :blah: :blah: :blah: :sarcasm1:

domwilson
01-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Keep telling that to youselves, people...

As for "quiting"... If you pay attention to the facts behind why she stepped down, you wouldn't be able to put her down for doing it...

But the Libs don't really like to look at the facts now, do they... :blah: :blah: :blah: :sarcasm1:

I'd like to know. Do you have a link?

tharmer
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
All the Liberals I know are rooting for SP to run for Prez. Some even donate to her "campaign." She's not dumb but she continually demonstrates (to borrow from SciFi-land) "...a willing suspension of the truth."

-t

Go Grrrrl

Darin Jordan
01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd like to know. Do you have a link?

You mean you didn't LISTEN to what she's said over and over again in interviews and in print??? Or do you just not believe her? OR haven't your regular news sources bothered to tell the people??? :glare: ;)

Start here... this guy does a nice job of explaining it. Pretty much echos what she has said in interviews...

http://usconservatives.about.com/b/2009/07/07/why-sarah-palin-resigned.htm

Steven Vaccaro
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Nope, just missing the point. Again.

As far as being jealous, perhaps. In high school I played baseball and tennis (JV and varsity). Failed to go on to to professional sports. High school and just after I came close to making the US Olympic Judo Team. One spot out. After being the AAU US champ in my weight division for 3 years that sort of hurt. So maybe.

So after having played sports and been fairly decent perhaps my low opinion is the result of the disappointment of knowing what they could be as role models and what they actually are.

But back on topic, I think that SP going to Faux News is awesome. I truly hope that this becomes the springboard for her to becoming the GOP candidate for President in 2012. Which could happen. Unless she quits that too.

I come from the opposite angle. I enjoyed weight lifting when I was younger, but had no real sports skills. So I can truly appreciate what some of these "athletes" can accomplish. I look at the jerks as jerks. Just about the same way I look at our Presidents that promise the world and do the opposite.

Back on topic. Remember the left keeps saying that Fox is just entertainment. So what even talk about entertainment you don't like?

domwilson
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
You mean you didn't LISTEN to what she's said over and over again in interviews and in print??? Or do you just not believe her? OR haven't your regular news sources bothered to tell the people??? :glare: ;)

Start here... this guy does a nice job of explaining it. Pretty much echos what she has said in interviews...

http://usconservatives.about.com/b/2009/07/07/why-sarah-palin-resigned.htm

Ok. That's closer to what I've been reading. That there was this one idiot who kept making frivolous, petty charges against her. Plus the media had too much focus on her personal life. Rather than wasting tax payers money in defending against these accusations, she resigned.

Darin Jordan
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Rather than wasting tax payers money in defending against these accusations, she resigned.

And her state seems to be better off because of it... so I don't see what the issue is...

More politicians should follow that example...

I can provide a list of those that immediately come to mind if needed... :biggrin:

domwilson
01-12-2010, 02:35 PM
I can do you one better. I can get you a list of 500+ that should resign and make a public apology for disgracing the phrase of "Good Government."

AndyKunz
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm with you, Dom!

As long as your list includes a few appointees, too!

Andy