PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone help me get a nitro started???

Mich. Maniac
04-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Ive just received a new 4wd on road car and it ran great for a few minutes. I adjust main needle valve and now it wont run. It will start and run if I keep pushing primer to keep it going,

dirtysouth31
04-10-2007, 08:59 PM
than your probably too lean.turn needle valve clockwise until it starts to get tight.than back it out 2 full turns and try that for starters

Mich. Maniac
04-10-2007, 09:01 PM
thanks, so turning it clockwise richens? Ill try that

dirtysouth31
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
no counter-clockwise richens it.just giving you a good starting point.because you can richen it too much and it will run like crap.too lean and you will break something.turning clockwise will shut off fuel to carb,so backing out 2 turns will richen it up to about where you want to bee.than every tank you can turn the needle valve clockwise too lean it out and get better performance.always run sloppy rich when breaking in motor.

Mich. Maniac
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Perfect it started right up and runs, but as soon as i pull warmer off it wants to quit alot, Different plug?

saleens7
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
i would revv it a few times with the warmer on, then take it off and see if it still wants to quit..

Mich. Maniac
04-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I tried that, it'll stay going at higher rpm but when I back it off it quits. maybe I just need to fine tune my richness. I kinda remember why I dont like nitro's. any more Ideas I would gladly try them thanks.

saleens7
04-10-2007, 09:48 PM
if its not running right at lower rpm, try adjusting the LSN...maybe make it a bit richer and try it, and then vise versa and see which setting runs better,,,

Mich. Maniac
04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
LSN? Low Idle needle?

Mich. Maniac
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
LOW SPEED DUH sorry

rcBPman
04-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Ok is this motor broken in at all? If not then why are you trying to lean it out. It would not lean out and would act how you are describing it. If so then tighten the highspeed all the way down and open it 3 turns. This will give that thing one smoky start but you will be thanful that you havent busted a rod.

Now if the motor is broken in, which if you are asking how to keep a motor running then i'm still asuming you did not break it in the proper way, but if so turn the needle closed and upen it up 2 and half turns. Now have you ever moved the low speed needle? If so put it back to the factory setting because it should not have to be set untill your high speed is done. Nitro motors can be tricky but run them slightly rich and you will love the performace. Plus cars should be ran slight rich due to them having the transmision. Your only tuning it for the first gear when the motor is reved out. Now with it slighly rich it will still have power then when it changes gears it will be perfect. Now if it was lean on the first gear you will see that second gear will bowg the car down.

Good luck and be sure to use after run oil or 3 in one oil or corosion X. This will help protect the motor and help with starting it every time.

Mich. Maniac
04-12-2007, 05:55 PM
well, I took your advice and it did help for a minute. now today it wont start again. itll hit but wont run. once it does that it will even quit trying to start. I prime it again and it will catch and quit, then it cranks hard like its flooded. ugh, wanna buy a new nitro car?

dirtysouth31
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
hell no! it dont run:D :D

Mich. Maniac
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
It probly would if someone had patience. I think they sould come bit a starter!

Mich. Maniac
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
GOT IT RUNNIN LIKE A RAPED APE!!! whew . just beat a minivan!!!

SJFE
04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Why must an ape be defiled in order to express your excitment???:confused: Glad it's running crisp...keep an eye on the smoke;) .