PDA

View Full Version : Minicat Racing Tenshock Mini Eco

Rumdog
01-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Just ordered one up. Anyone running one of these lil guys? Looks like an awesome boat. Fast as the dickens and turns on a dime. I've got a couple zippy 3s 20c 1500 mah lipos and a couple of 2s for her. Gotta love the self righting feature! Especially in the winter!! Can't wait till she come in, i'll get some vid in this awesome 16 degree weather! :thumbup:

screwball
01-08-2010, 09:58 PM
i envy you right now lol hahaha id love to get a mini eco but that doesnt look like its happening any time soon

Rumdog
01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
This is the reason i sold my mini revo. I'm too damned addicted to boats. It's so exciting every time you run a new setup!

BakedMopar
01-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I was going to get one too but other plans went into overdrive. I would like to see these with 3s.

Brushless55
01-09-2010, 03:11 AM
This is the reason i sold my mini revo. I'm too damned addicted to boats. It's so exciting every time you run a new setup!

I hear ya, boats are nuts! :banana:

Rumdog
01-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Got my eco today. She is a beauty! Flawless gelcoat. Awesome hardware. Stainless prop and rudder. Mr. Sailr included a programming card with the 35 amp Seaking esc. Also even hooked me up with a nice roll of hatch tape. He even includes a female deans for your battery if you need it! Placed the battery and it took a bit, but I got it so that it self rights in about 4 seconds. First run reports will be tomorrow. I have 2 Flightmax 3s 20c 1500 packs charged up and ready to go! Should be a balmy 35 degrees tomorrow!

rob1699
01-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Got my eco today. She is a beauty! Flawless gelcoat. Awesome hardware. Stainless prop and rudder. Mr. Sailr included a programming card with the 35 amp Seaking esc. Also even hooked me up with a nice roll of hatch tape. He even includes a female deans for your battery if you need it! Placed the battery and it took a bit, but I got it so that it self rights in about 4 seconds. First run reports will be tomorrow. I have 2 Flightmax 3s 20c 1500 packs charged up and ready to go! Should be a balmy 35 degrees tomorrow!

Hey rumdog, just wondered where the CofG is on your boat? I've got one of these in yellow (you're right, they're very well put together) and I'm struggling to get it any less than 40%. I found that the position of the steering servo and self righting chamber limits where you can mount the battery making cofg adjustment difficult. Mine kept submarining with a Flightmax 2200 2c, but I've got a lighter/smaller 1250 3c pack that I've not tried as yet (due to a frozen lake!) which I hope will help. Have you any internal pics? I'd be interested to know how yours runs.

Rob

Rumdog
01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
I'll check the cg when I get home. it was running a tad wet though. Had the cg where minicat suggests (approximately). This boat rips!! It is by FAR the best handling boat i've ever driven or seen driven! Full speed 180 degree turns on a dime, in both directions!! It would do one hell of a job at a slalom course! Itried as hard as I could to roll it, but it was absolutely glued. I did have it stuff twice on me. gonna move the cg back just a tad. I'll get pics up tonight for ya.

rob1699
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Excellent - look forward to the pics - I can't roll mine over either but then I've only tried it on 2c so far. It must be v quick on 3s!! Out of interest what is minicats suggestion of cofg position?

Last time out with it, I stuffed it real bad, and it completely disappeared underwater for about 20 seconds....didn't think I'd see it again for a few worrying moments, but it did pop back up, unfortunately seawater got inside the hull and the esc fried, so I'm now running a 45a Etti which is waterproof. Lesson learned, but I'd like to stop it from submarining in the first place.

sailr
01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
You need MORE weight in the back, not less. It is submarining because it is nose heavy.

Hey rumdog, just wondered where the CofG is on your boat? I've got one of these in yellow (you're right, they're very well put together) and I'm struggling to get it any less than 40%. I found that the position of the steering servo and self righting chamber limits where you can mount the battery making cofg adjustment difficult. Mine kept submarining with a Flightmax 2200 2c, but I've got a lighter/smaller 1250 3c pack that I've not tried as yet (due to a frozen lake!) which I hope will help. Have you any internal pics? I'd be interested to know how yours runs.

Rob

sailr
01-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Where did you get your mini eco? When you get one from us, it has a Seaking 35A, NOT the normal Tenshock 30A. The Seaking should be pretty much waterproof.

Excellent - look forward to the pics - I can't roll mine over either but then I've only tried it on 2c so far. It must be v quick on 3s!! Out of interest what is minicats suggestion of cofg position?

Last time out with it, I stuffed it real bad, and it completely disappeared underwater for about 20 seconds....didn't think I'd see it again for a few worrying moments, but it did pop back up, unfortunately seawater got inside the hull and the esc fried, so I'm now running a 45a Etti which is waterproof. Lesson learned, but I'd like to stop it from submarining in the first place.

Rumdog
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Her is a couple pics for ya. Putting the battery on it's side, velcro'd to the side of the flood chamber will let you slide the batt. back as far as you want to.

Rumdog
01-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I've added flotation to the bow. I also added a bit of weight in the rear of the flood chamber. It helps with the cg and makes it right faster,as do the 2 holes added to the deck. My second trip out today, I had 0 stuffing. My cg is right around the front of the battery.

Brushless55
01-14-2010, 12:59 AM

I wana see a video of this! :laugh:

sampit
01-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Just to let you know

Tenshock have a new 2009 model out, that runs a 4200kv and 40 Amp esc
I should have my new one arrive next week.

Rumdog
01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Whaaaaaat?!?! Same length?

sailr
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Every importer can order the boats with the motor and ESC that they want. We chose the 3200KV because it can still handle a 3S lipo and produce blazing speed. 4200KV is too high for 3S lipo. 3S lipo works much better with the boat because it needs the added weight to be self righting while producing high speeds. We went with the Seaking 35A ESC, at greater expense to us, because we have had trouble with the Tenshock ESC's and are interested in reliability and customer satisfaction.

If you are in Europe, you are not getting the same thing. Take care when reading the comments because the conditions, depending on the user's location, may be different.

Brushless55
01-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Just to let you know

I would like to get my hands on about 8 of the 3200kv boats, and start a class this season! :hug1:

sailr
01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
If you want 8 boats on one order PM me.
I would like to get my hands on about 8 of the 3200kv boats, and start a class this season! :hug1:

Brushless55
01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
If you want 8 boats on one order PM me.

I'm going to import them myself, and sell them for only a few bucks over my cost, but thanks..
could be a cool cheap class of racing :thumbup1:

Rumdog
01-14-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that sailr is the only guy who can import the tenshock boats to the U.S. I agree, that 4200kv would be strictly a 2s boat. Sailr, do you offer any different threaded props to choose from. Obhiously you cant go bigger diameter, but maybe some more pitch, or a x style prop with tounge on it. This thing runs really cool and it seems like it could handle a little more prop. It takes all of 1.5 seconds to ge to top speed with absolutely no cavitation. I LOVE this little rocket! The ice fisherman dig it too!

rob1699
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
You need MORE weight in the back, not less. It is submarining because it is nose heavy.

Absolutely - it's the position of the steering servo that stops me from getting the battery any further aft. Would it be wise to add some extra weight in the very stern of the hull? That's the only way I could get the cofg back any further. Should this be at 30% like any other mono?

Where did you get your mini eco? When you get one from us, it has a Seaking 35A, NOT the normal Tenshock 30A. The Seaking should be pretty much waterproof.

I'm UK based, and got mine from Astec. It came with the Tenshock ESC, which I've switched for an ETTI.

I wana see a video of this! :laugh:

I wish I had one...my heart was beating like a drum when it went under...I think it must have lost signal when it nose dived, and the motor kept running which kept it underwater...I really thought it had gone, and on its maiden voyage too!! :eek: Don't want this to happen again, so I really want to get the cofg right before going out to play again! :help:

rob1699
01-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Every importer can order the boats with the motor and ESC that they want. We chose the 3200KV because it can still handle a 3S lipo and produce blazing speed. 4200KV is too high for 3S lipo. 3S lipo works much better with the boat because it needs the added weight to be self righting while producing high speeds. We went with the Seaking 35A ESC, at greater expense to us, because we have had trouble with the Tenshock ESC's and are interested in reliability and customer satisfaction.

If you are in Europe, you are not getting the same thing. Take care when reading the comments because the conditions, depending on the user's location, may be different.

Sailr - you're absolutely right, I've just checked the KV on the motor in my hull, and its 2600 - not the same at all. Wonder if I could run 4s??

sailr
01-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Gee thanks Todd! Nothing like trying to put us out of business!

I'm going to import them myself, and sell them for only a few bucks over my cost, but thanks..

sailr
01-14-2010, 06:44 PM
What is the color of the end cap on the motor. If it's black, it's a 3200KV. If it's light blue, it's 2600KV. We put the 3200's in ours.

You can run 4S with the 2600KV if your esc can take it.

Sailr - you're absolutely right, I've just checked the KV on the motor in my hull, and its 2600 - not the same at all. Wonder if I could run 4s??

sailr
01-14-2010, 06:46 PM
We don't have any different props for the Mini-Eco. Sorry. All of our boats are set up to be optimum. Trying to hop 'em up doesn't usually get you much. Sometimes, if you overdo it, the boat is no longer controllable.

I'm pretty sure that sailr is the only guy who can import the tenshock boats to the U.S. I agree, that 4200kv would be strictly a 2s boat. Sailr, do you offer any different threaded props to choose from. Obhiously you cant go bigger diameter, but maybe some more pitch, or a x style prop with tounge on it. This thing runs really cool and it seems like it could handle a little more prop. It takes all of 1.5 seconds to ge to top speed with absolutely no cavitation. I LOVE this little rocket! The ice fisherman dig it too!

sailr
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I was going to offer you a special deal but not with a comment like that.

rob1699
01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
What is the color of the end cap on the motor. If it's black, it's a 3200KV. If it's light blue, it's 2600KV. We put the 3200's in ours.

You can run 4S with the 2600KV if your esc can take it.

Just checked, and it's black on both ends - so I do have 3200kv? Ok I'll think I'll stick with 3s in that case.!

Is it ok to add weight to the stern to get the cofg right? Should this be at 30%?

Thanks!

Rob

Rumdog
01-14-2010, 08:00 PM
My cog is actually at 45 percent right now. Which is about 2 percent less than when I was stuffing. You don't want 30 percent, it is not the same as a normal mono. These hulls are designed to run more wet than monos.

Brushless55
01-15-2010, 12:39 AM
I was going to offer you a special deal but not with a comment like that.

not sure what was wrong with my comment...
If I do import them, I don't need to buy them from someone else higher than my cost :confused1:
I love helping my friends get into the hobby for a little cheaper if I can.. :hug1:

sailr
01-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Rob,

Yes, you have a 3200KV motor. Stay with 3S! 4S is too much for the 3200.

You can add weight to achieve the COG. Where did you buy your Mini ECO? Your profile does not show what country you are from. If you bought from us, you would have gotten instructions with a photo showing where the COG should be. If you are going to need to add weight, put it in the port side corner of the stern. This will also help the boat self right more quickly.

Just checked, and it's black on both ends - so I do have 3200kv? Ok I'll think I'll stick with 3s in that case.!

Is it ok to add weight to the stern to get the cofg right? Should this be at 30%?

Thanks!

Rob

sailr
01-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Tenshock has informed me that they will NOT be putting 4200KV motors in any of their mini series boats...only 3200KV or less. You may have gotten one before they made that decision. Hard to say since you didn't get it from us.

Just to let you know

rob1699
01-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Rob,

Yes, you have a 3200KV motor. Stay with 3S! 4S is too much for the 3200.

You can add weight to achieve the COG. Where did you buy your Mini ECO? Your profile does not show what country you are from. If you bought from us, you would have gotten instructions with a photo showing where the COG should be. If you are going to need to add weight, put it in the port side corner of the stern. This will also help the boat self right more quickly.

Hi sailr - I'm in the UK not US, got mine from Astec (see earlier post). Thanks for your advice, hoping to test run again this weekend with 3s battery and weight added to the rear/left side. Will let you know how it goes.

Rob

SweetAccord
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM

So why did you sell the ECO if you liked it so much on the Rumrunner site?

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showthread.php?t=30019

Rumdog
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I sold it here on OSE. Bustit sold it on RRR. I sold it because I cant hold onto anything. Don't even remember, it was prob to fund other boat parts. It is a super fun little boat though with top notch gear!

v-spec
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
If these were a little cheaper I'd get one, I never got to run my H&M eco with neu motor before I sold it. Lots of us on here seem to build stuff then sell it, what's up with that! I wonder if Sailr has any with no electronics? I've got some 3 s lipo's and seaking 35 amp esc waiting on something or other..

badag98
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Just bought a yellow one and having issues getting it to self right, any suggestions or pictures of setups would be helpful.

Thanks

SweetAccord
12-06-2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.minicatracingusa.com/images/instruct/miniecoinstruct.pdf

Rumdog
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I added a few more holes in the top deck near the bow in the flood chamber and a teeny bit of lead inside the chamber itself. Add it in the rear, in the chamber on the outside wall. depending on your pack, you can put it on it's side all the way on the port side. My righted in just a few seconds.

badag98
12-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I added a few more holes in the top deck near the bow in the flood chamber and a teeny bit of lead inside the chamber itself. Add it in the rear, in the chamber on the outside wall. depending on your pack, you can put it on it's side all the way on the port side. My righted in just a few seconds.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

ENCORE MAN
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Our club runs six MINICAT HYDROS with stock motors, x430 props, 2200 3 s lipos, OSE micro turn fins and we are having a blast. The enjoyment comes from everyone having the exact same equipment bringing driver skill to the forefront. We have found the boats to be very durable and well worth the money. Don't worry SKIPSTER, I have one for you. BG

sailr
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
The secret is to get the left side of the boat to sink quickly. The boats are shipped with minimal venting/cutting to leave that up to the user. Any cutting you do to allow the side to sink quickly must be done on the deck, not the bottom of the hull. In addition to or in lieu of lead weights, you can also use a heavier battery pack. I used a small 3000mah pack, mounted on it's edge, up against the flood chamber bulkhead.

NativePaul
12-07-2010, 11:01 AM
For those that are struggling to get their CoG back far enough, there is a very simple way to get it back further, the rudder linkage is what limits how far back you can move the battery.

All you have to do is:-
cut the ziptie holding the servo in,
run a long scalpel or stanley knife blade through the servo tape between the servo and mount,
remove the servo arm,
remove the servo,
clean residue of servo tape off servo and mount with a scrapeing action and IPA,
remove the rudder and file a new flat spot into the top of the shaft at 180 degrees to the original one,
shorten the linkage until the 2 plastic ends are nearly touching each other,
reinstall rudder with grub screw against new flat spot,
reinstall servo the other way round to how it came out with either servo tape and zip tie or glue,
smile as you slide the battery along the flood chamber wall right to the back of the hull!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/nativepaul/tenshockminieco001.jpg
God alone knows why they install the servo and servo mount the wrong way round at the factory.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/nativepaul/tenshockminieco002.jpg

Caution, the colour of the motor is not a surefire way of telling the KV as Sailr says the 2600KV is light blue, but so is my 4200KV.

As Sailr mentioned flood chamber venting, i just had to brag on my electrical symbol vents
From bow to stern:-
Danger high voltage.
Ohm symbol,
Caution electric shock risk,
Electrical hazzard,
Resistor symbol,
2 cell battery symbol.
Brushless motor symbol,
Earth symbol.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/nativepaul/tenshockminieco003.jpg

badag98
12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Any Pictures of the cut outs and relocated servo?

Thanks

NativePaul
12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah I put pics in the thread, can no one see them? if not there hopefully you can view this album with a different host here (http://picasaweb.google.com/pauluptontaylor/NewFolder?authkey=Gv1sRgCMiRmrDWlI2DsgE&feat=directlink)

if you cant see that either PM me your Email and I can send you the pics.

badag98
12-07-2010, 12:20 PM
See em now

martin
12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah I put pics in the thread, can no one see them? if not there hopefully you can view this album with a different host here (http://picasaweb.google.com/pauluptontaylor/NewFolder?authkey=Gv1sRgCMiRmrDWlI2DsgE&feat=directlink)

if you cant see that either PM me your Email and I can send you the pics.

Paul do you find you get any water coming up the propshaft or rudder tube or are they pretty water tight in these 2 areas. Martin.

Brushless55
12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Our club runs six MINICAT HYDROS with stock motors, x430 props, 2200 3 s lipos, OSE micro turn fins and we are having a blast. The enjoyment comes from everyone having the exact same equipment bringing driver skill to the forefront. We have found the boats to be very durable and well worth the money. Don't worry SKIPSTER, I have one for you. BG

That sounds like a blast :thumbup:

badag98
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM

Does the X430 Prop Fit the Stock Flex Shaft or are you having to make mods?

ENCORE MAN
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Does the X430 Prop Fit the Stock Flex Shaft or are you having to make mods?

You have to buy an OCTURA 1/8 TH drive dog as the stock one is much to wide to fit in the prop cutout. Steve sells them here for around $2.50 and the prop for $10. There is a great improvement in performance with this prop with little effect on the handling. BG

NativePaul
12-08-2010, 02:28 AM
It's very watertight, it uses a wire drive in a full length stuffing tube with a bushing on the inside end, the rudder post is very long and if memory serves it ends above the waterline, also the hatch is super easy to tape.

martin
12-08-2010, 08:32 AM
It's very watertight, it uses a wire drive in a full length stuffing tube with a bushing on the inside end, the rudder post is very long and if memory serves it ends above the waterline, also the hatch is super easy to tape.

Are you useing the stock esc or did you change it, If so what did you replace it with. How would you compare the Mini Eco to the Eco as a fun boat to run with no racing in mind. As im looking at getting another small self righting boat from Astec myself. Martin.

sailr
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Good luck Rob. Glad to help even if you didn't buy yours from us. I didn't know Astec was carrying the Tenshock boats.

Hi sailr - I'm in the UK not US, got mine from Astec (see earlier post). Thanks for your advice, hoping to test run again this weekend with 3s battery and weight added to the rear/left side. Will let you know how it goes.

Rob

NativePaul
12-09-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm still using the stock 30A Tenshock ESC, as I have had no problems with it.
I don't have the Tenshock Eco, just the mono1 and Mini ECO, so I cant give a detailed comparison, but the bigger ECO will be faster and handle rough water better but it is also more expensive and bigger, pick your poison!
I know someone that has the bigger ECO and its a real beast but knowing his fondness for Lehner an shulze I doubt that it is stock and cant really take anything from that other than the hull does have potential.

badag98
12-11-2010, 10:17 AM
OK, I added Three rather small holes to the deck rather close the front of the flood chamber. Enlarged the holes that came stock, added a bit of weight inside in the back on the flood chamber side and poof..... she righted in a matter of seconds!!

This little bugger is a rocket and handles like its on rails!! Highly recommend this boat!!

Jim thanks again for all the help and information on the new motors in the eco, bottom line it hauls!!

I'll try to post some pictures later.

sailr
12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
The Mini-ECO is our best kept secret. Seems very few have discovered it yet. Personally, I think it would be an absolute blast to race the lil boogers! Get 5 or 6 of em out there and let 'em rip. Have you tried the 90 degree turns yet! Yahoooo!

martin
12-11-2010, 02:36 PM
What is the shipping cost for a Mini eco 3200kv boat to the UK, As the Tenshock boats seem to be thin on the ground now in the UK & the ones i have seen use the 4200kv motor.

Rumdog
12-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I may buy another soon. I'm kinda getting back into the little guys since I bought the 23 Sniper. Gotta love the handling of this eco, and the self righting. Good luck flipping it though!

sailr
12-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Shipping to the UK is going to be automatically charged at checkout at $50. I think I can ship it for around less though. The box is extra heavy duty and weighs a ton. If I can ship it for less, I'll refund you the difference. I can also give you the OSE member 10% discount right now. To get the discount, send me another PM before you order with your real name and address. Place your order on the website. We will refund 10% of your purchase (doesn't include shipping).

What is the shipping cost for a Mini eco 3200kv boat to the UK, As the Tenshock boats seem to be thin on the ground now in the UK & the ones i have seen use the 4200kv motor.

sailr
12-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Buy one now before we cut off the OSE member special 10% discount! Some time after the first of the year we may discontinue the discount. Depends on the response.

I may buy another soon. I'm kinda getting back into the little guys since I bought the 23 Sniper. Gotta love the handling of this eco, and the self righting. Good luck flipping it though!

badag98
12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
quick question on the eco jim, do you have to remove the prop to get the drive shaft out to grease it?

sailr
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
It isn't necessary but easier to get the shaft out past the rudder. I have removed it with the prop intact. It's OK to flex the wire shaft a LITTLE to squeeze past the rudder.

hazegry
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I got one of these and the best advice I can give is dont store the boat with the shaft in it. Mine was rusted in place and now I only store it without the shaft installed. I love the boat

Seadweller
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I've got a mini-eco and love it. I had the same stuffing problems (thought I'd lost the boat in the bottom mud once). Sailr's help (or customer service) was excellent and we adjusted the size of my batts and the placement so no it rarely goes under. It really does well in rough water. I was thinking of trying some hump packs to see if it would provide more flexibility.

The quality is great and even with all the stuffing I had when I first got it, the inside was bone dry. I'm seriously thinking about getting another for my son so we can race around the pond - a bit of an upgrade for him.

EhDolph
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8783/closeleft.th.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/closeleft.jpg/)
Sorry to hear that I just finished my Mini Revo. Now Im in the market for my first boat.

canddwsale
09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Do you have any details on setup of boat?

chidago
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Gents, new to this thread, and the boat, recently purchased from minicat..LOVE IT !! and the service BEHIND the boat, any product is only as good as the support, Jim is off the hook, makes it a amazing product..

sailr
04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words chidago! We have a new shipment coming in late April so get on board guys!! Spring is here!

chidago
04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
96648 Jim, its men like you that bring us new, and fun things..and SUPPORT them..not hobby king..its the little guys who have the passion for hobbies that make hobbies.

tlandauer
04-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Gents, new to this thread, and the boat, recently purchased from minicat..LOVE IT !! and the service BEHIND the boat, any product is only as good as the support, Jim is off the hook, makes it a amazing product..
Welcome! I have many boats that Jim carries and/or has carried, love them all. I will say it's because of him that I fell in love with FE. His support is great, any time i have questions, he is only one e mail away.

chidago
04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Tl, thanks.. :) yeah, I'm new to electric, have a pond right out my front door, but, no noise..lol, so, electric it is. this little boat is a lagh a minute, really enjoying it.

eboeske
04-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Just got my new mini eco all set up today. Took it out and ran it all I can say is wow!!!!!!! This thing is unbalievable fast and turns on a dime. Stuffed it a few times so I've got a little work to do but very little. Love this thing oh and good luck flipping it mine sticks to the water like glue. I recommend this this thing to everybody who wants a smile put on there face!!!!!!

chidago
04-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Great, aint it? wait till you get a few hours on it.. ;)

Brushless55
04-04-2013, 07:19 PM
what size of lipos fit this hull?
thanks

chidago
04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Depends on the maker..I have a 2200 and a 2650 3S that fit..cg is hugely important on it, so, overall size it critical, and to fit inside the hull

BakedMopar
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Jim do you know when the new shipment will be arriving?

sailr
06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
We are waiting for shipping information. Sorry we don't have a date yet but should be within the next couple of weeks.

BakedMopar
06-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Could you get me a shipping quote to Hil, HI 96720?

sailr
06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Shipping by priority mail insured to Hawaii is approx. $30.

BakedMopar
06-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Shipping by priority mail insured to Hawaii is approx. $30.

Thanks!

Stangas
03-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Morning all..

Hope you dont mind me recalling an old thread..
Just joined your forums the other day after purchasing one of these boats for my son on ebay.

Payed $120 for a brushless tenshock mini eco.. 4 x 2 cell lipo's
Gonna put a spektrum surface reciever in it and go

Read this thread.. got some good information out of it and will be asking more questions soon enough about setting this girl up.

Would like to look into racing.. i hear these have a class of their own??
What about batteries.. 2 cell or 3??

Might start looking around for clubs.. I am in Western Australia.. 2hrs south of Perth

Anyway... will get back here once it turns up... should only be a day or 2

NativePaul
03-31-2014, 02:19 PM
They are made for the Naviga Mini Eco class, but from what I hear most clubs down under and certainly the national racing doesn't race Naviga classes, whether or not you have an equivalent class or not I have no idea. If none of you fellow compatriots chime in here, there is a very amusing thread called skippies and kiwis, post there and you will get your answer.

Stangas
04-02-2014, 12:15 AM
WOW that was fast.. it arrived today..

It is a beautiful looking machine.. very small.. lol.. especially when it sits on my mono gasser
Looks like the self righting holes are already in it..

Cant wait for friday now.. taking both boats out for a play.. mates got a little 38kg punt with electric motor for putting out bouys and recovery.

Gage_AB
09-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Hey Stangas,

I have been reading a lot of threads on the mini eco... mine is in the mail on it's way but from what I have read, spectrum receivers don't work well with this setup. You may want to email Jim at minicat racing USA to confirm but I did read it. I am going with a Tactic radio... no antenna as a bonus....

tlandauer
09-06-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't know about that, ( Spektrum not working well) but if you have a CF hull, Tactic would not be a good choice, you need to extent the antenna on the rx to outside.
CF blocks the signal and the tiny antenna inside the Tactic receiver would not do it!!

NativePaul
09-07-2014, 02:43 AM
The failsafe on the Spektrum marine RX is rather slow to cut in so if a boat dives (and these do from time to time) it will keep going for a while, the cheaper AR6200 RX actually has a much quicker failsafe and is better suited to these boats if you want to stay with Spektrum, but you have to waterproof it yourself.

FASST keeps working through some water and has an quick failsafe making it suitable, but you have to waterproof it yourself.

Frsky has a quick failsafe, but won't penetrate water at all, so you have to mount the aerial on the top right in so it is above water even if the wind stops you self-righting for a while, you also have to waterproof them yourself.

I don't know of anyone who races these (or any other self righting boat) with a Tactic radio, so cant say if it is suitable or not, though if it is you will probably have to mount it on the right side and use more lead in the flood chamber in order to get it to self-right.

Gage_AB
09-08-2014, 02:35 PM
I picked the tactic because it was on my aquacraft boat, my mini is fiberglass so I don't have to worry about interference (carbon fiber). I have been looking at waterproofing the Rx, there are a lot of different methods from balloons to plasticoat to corrosion x.... any opinions on what is best?

NativePaul
09-09-2014, 05:44 AM
I use electronics grade (acid free) silicone sealant, but corrosion X is not available here, I would have probably given it a go had it been.

Balloons don't work, or rather they only work to a very limited extent, if you get a mL or 2 up the shaft a balloon will stop it splashing on the RX, but so will a piece of sponge under the stuffing tube, if the hatch comes off, the hull gets holed, or it is under water for an extended period of time, and there is a significant amount of water in the hull, water will enter the balloon and keep it wet.

martin
09-09-2014, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=NativePaul;587416]I use electronics grade (acid free) silicone sealant, but corrosion X is not available here, I would have probably given it a go had it been.

Balloons don't work, or rather they only work to a very limited extent, if you get a mL or 2 up the shaft a balloon will stop it splashing on the RX, but so will a piece of sponge under the stuffing tube, if the hatch comes off, the hull gets holed, or it is under water for an extended period of time, and there is a significant amount of water in the hull, water will enter the balloon and keep it wet.[/QUOTE
Paul should you want to try Corrosion X its available in the UK from corrosion-x.co.uk, they also list 2 model shops that they sell to MB Models & RC Pitstop.

Gage_AB
09-09-2014, 10:01 AM
I have a bottle of corrosion x on the way, should be here this weekend, I found one place that sells it in Canada. Plastidip for some reason is illegal in Canada (so I've been told) otherwise I might have gone that route. I found a ton of vendors on ebay in the US but they will not ship it to Canada so I would have to guess there some truth in it. I have watched a number of videos where guys have used corrosion x on their esc and then run the vehicle with the esc submerged.

NativePaul
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks Martin, I guess it has been a while since I last searched, all good things come to those who wait. I ordered a can that I will spray all my motors and my car ESCs with, I hope it is as good as everyone says as it is not cheap, none of the shops are near me so it was £21.69 posted or about $35.

Stangas
09-09-2014, 11:01 PM
I have the fibreglass version also.. the spectrum works great.

I did get the first receiver wet and stuffed it up.. but the new receiver is inside a balloon and I make sure the lid is taped down securely.
As for reception, it has been awesome.

I have since bought a FE boat too.. with many upgrades that should make it into the 100kph league.