PDA

View Full Version : Sad day at the lake

kevakov
01-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Well I was running the Matrix today, first run was 57mph water was nice and smooth, but on the second run I heard a thud and it was gone. It never came up. I did have the foam in the sponsons, I have seen it go under before and it has come out of the water and kept going, not this time. I got the inflatable and went out in the ice cold water using my arms for paddles, the only thing i recovered was some hatch tape and one of the hatch covers. Its strange that no wood came up at all. I did see a chunk of bark that was floating near the crash site. This is a high altitude lake that has winter run off and can have alot of twigs and bark floating around.

I really need to get something more durable like a Mean Machine that can take a hit. I think that I lost about $800 in the Matrix that sank today. CC240, Neu 1512 1.5D, 2 Air Thunder 5000mAh lipos, Futaba receiver, GPS, Fullers hardware, X642, two paint jobs, and hours of labor. But I did get to enjoy it for one year.

I do know a guy that has a dive shop near by, the lake is not deep, so he might
go after it so I can get the motor and hardware back, because I do have another Matrix kit that is new in the box. :mad:

highndry
01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
If its any consolation, we have recovered two boats uing an underwater camers to locate then dive 20+ feet to recover. My kid dropped his trolling motor over yesterday in 25'. We located with the camera, buoyed it then through a 12' cast net and got it.

kevakov
01-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Thats a good idea, so there is allways hope, the crash site was left of the dock.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/KEVAKOV/WatsonLake-2.jpg

egneg
01-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear it. I have lost a GPS, props, and a couple of drive shafts - but the one time a boat sank I got it back.

ozzie-crawl
01-02-2010, 06:56 PM
man that sucks big time,my first fe sunk in about 25 feet of water took me 8 days but finaly retrieved it.
hope you get it back :rockon2:

highndry
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Sorry you're so far away or we would go get it for you

kevakov
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks, I'm really the only guy here in Prescott AZ that is a FE runner, I think the chances are good that I will get it back, even if I have to wait untill it warms up.

Simon.O.
01-03-2010, 03:15 AM
The quarry I run in has a copper berylium bottom................I am sure as I have put a lot of props in there. I have also donated a GPS to the depths.

I have flooded a lot of hulls and blown a lot of electrics as a result of high speed blow offs or debris hits.

I have not yet lost a hull and would seriosly consider my boating future if I did so.

There is a chance to get your hull back, and I hope you do.