PDA

View Full Version : just bought a heli

'83 chevy
08-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I have always wanted a heli. After trying those stupid 2 rotor ones at the hobby shop I knew I wanted a better one. So I found this sweet deal on RCC. Its an Axe CP RTF. I got it for $100, I can't wait to get it. Just figured I'd show you guys.

http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b3/00/ade0_1.JPG

ED66677
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
contra rotor are not that stupid for beginners, I first flew one recently (never did before but did a lot of plane) and manage to do everything that is possible with such a machine
sure a CP is much reactive
have you got any spare blade :laugh:

whiplash
09-09-2007, 02:39 AM
stay out of the wind with that cp. stock one is not that strong.
if you want power go for the t-rex. awesome and agile.
but still if it wasent for the blade cx two bladed, I would not learn it. watch a video on ebay search....blade cx upgrade kit....wow!

whiplash
09-09-2007, 02:44 AM
I do boats and planes now heres my mustang made from coroplast, size .25 os motor and my boat.

'83 chevy
09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
This little thing has taken a beating and is still flying. The only mod I have done so far is using a Lipo. I ordered some spare parts to have around, and some plastic trainer blades. I want to make the move after I get the hang of flying this into bigger helis. I have been looking at the T rexs for the future.

Mich. Maniac
09-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I started with the walkera 39, moved into a rex 450. I just have one regret. I didnt get my real flight simulator sooner. I have the 6ch. futaba and it plugs right into my laptop. I am now doing a few quick and somewhat controlled 3d flying. I went with the align motor, esc combo. once you get to that point keep us posted and I'll see if I cant give ya some easy setup tips.

whiplash
09-10-2007, 06:10 AM
yeah I have the great planes real flight 3.5 sim. and without that i would be pulling hairs trying to figure that @!#* out. you can change blades, airfoils, smoke,engine sounds, you name it, just to feel the diferent reactions to the heli or plane. its great............just wish they had one with boats, from mono hulls to outriggers. you can watchem crash and not feel the burn, heh heh.

Mich. Maniac
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I have just completed my Trex 600 other than fine tuning for liftoff. I thought of this thread as I finished programing esc. I wish their were better heli forums. I could spend more money on boats if i didnt have these helis for sure but, I get the blood flowing more from flying than boats. Probly cause I know its at least 50.00 every crash. My friends called my first heli a roto tiller. what friends eh.

Racer
11-01-2007, 09:34 PM
My brother has a the same one... Any tips?

Mich. Maniac
11-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Make sure you have a top quality gyro. trimmable for sure. I dont really get into any 3d yet. Its kinda scary flipping a big heli like that. my buddy did it for me and said it handled very smooth.