PDA

View Full Version : Waterproofing tips

BHChieftain
12-30-2009, 07:50 PM
1) To seal up the antennae hole, use those waxy earplugs-- two of them work great

2) Glad press and seal wrap is a great alternative to a balloon to waterproof a receiver-- I had a boat underwater for 3+ hours and the unit stayed dry and functional.

3) My nimh packs got water in them-- I split open the plastic wrap to let them air out, and used the press and seal wrap plus a bit of electrical tape to reseal them. Nice benefit is you can take off the wrap to let them dry if they get wet again.

-Chief

LiPo Power
12-31-2009, 01:39 PM
1) To seal up the antennae hole, use those waxy earplugs-- two of them work great

2) Glad press and seal wrap is a great alternative to a balloon to waterproof a receiver-- I had a boat underwater for 3+ hours and the unit stayed dry and functional.

3) My nimh packs got water in them-- I split open the plastic wrap to let them air out, and used the press and seal wrap plus a bit of electrical tape to reseal them. Nice benefit is you can take off the wrap to let them dry if they get wet again.

-Chief

Fastech 3 hurs under water !!!!!! Why so long? This must be the record for this boat sitting under water..
I hope your hutch was taped well at all the painfull to tape corners...
This is what I had on my boat to seal antenna opening, see picture.
Friends allways complain about the time I had to take to tape my boat. Fastech hatch has few areas you need to take time to do good job sealing it....
:olleyes:

BHChieftain
12-31-2009, 08:48 PM
The hatch was taped, but it did not keep the water out. It was COMPLETELY filled with water, and was just bobbing with the nose peeking up... it took 3 hours for the wind to blow her back to shore...

But she is fine and still running great!

-Chief

LiPo Power
01-01-2010, 08:20 PM
The hatch was taped, but it did not keep the water out. It was COMPLETELY filled with water, and was just bobbing with the nose peeking up... it took 3 hours for the wind to blow her back to shore...

But she is fine and still running great!

-Chief

You can use WD-40 to spray your motor just in case. Works great and will push all the water out and protect.