PDA

View Full Version : Anybody up and running with the new lot?

BHChieftain
12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Venom has started shipping again. Anybody up and running with EKOS from their new lot?
-Chief

VIKOS
01-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm still waiting on parts to be recieved...sucks alot of balls

VIKOS
02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I too am waiting on parts still. I think I'm gona call them tomorrow see whatthe deal is and letthem know this isn't cool guys time to either make the parts yourself or get a better company to build parts for them.

JonCBrand
04-17-2010, 12:54 PM
I have one of the newer ones. Seems ok to me.

Igoreski
04-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I have one that I got about 2 weeks ago and it works great.I will be putting different motors in soon.My Feigao 380XLs and water jackets came in today,just waiting on the drive line parts.I have 4 packs run through the boat now with no problems,everything is cool when I get done.Probably helps that our water temp is around 50 deg F.I will either sell the stock motors or maybe put them in a less stressed boat like a navy ship or a tug.Question; when using thrust bearings do you install them snug between the motor and the coupler or do you use a measured gap to allow some movement.

Igoreski
05-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Sold those motors and other extra parts cheap to someone who only got a few runs on them before going up in smoke.I am doing a return on them and will cut the motor apart to see what went wrong.The motor screws that come with the boat are way too long,probably 10 or more threads into the can.I think the screws are pushing on the windings causing a short.I thought before it might be a internal water leak but I pressure tested that whole cooling system with water untill the hoses bulged and not a drop of water leaked.It also would hold a vacuum for a min.I will post what I find.Venom offered a 33% discount on new motors for a boat that was a week old ??????????????