PDA

View Full Version : 32" Cat twin

senchin
12-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I am contemplating building a 32" cat with twin brushless motors. I am fairly new to electrics (die hard nitro guy) and was wondering how to size motors up etc? Is there a FAQ on power etc? (I only remember motor specs from back when I dabbled with electric cars i.e. 380's 540's etc. On this cat I am looking at a pair of motors, stingers etc. Should I go dual ESC's or one big one for the twins? Any information is definitely appreciative or maybe a point in the right direction.

Doby
12-29-2009, 09:51 AM
If you go with brushless motors, you will need 2 speed controllers.

How much $$$ are you looking to spend, as that will have a MOJOR impact on your potential setup.

senchin
12-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. I really don't have a set budget in place. I travel quite often to Asia on business so I plan on picking up a few parts while I am there. For example as I am in computer business, I do know that LIPO packs are dirt cheap on that side of the planet. Hardware etc. I have some pretty good sources etc. I am just curious about motor sizing etc.

On a side note, I do have another question, since the introduction of 2.4ghz technology in tx/rx are there any real differences between a surface radio and a radio for Heli / Plane? I'm just wondering as I am planning on making the switch to 2.4 ghz and since I need some new gear, I am wondering if I could use a tx / rx that I could use for air / heli later. Any idea?

Jeff Wohlt
12-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Stay with 540 motors either L or Xl...XL is preferred.