PDA

View Full Version : WTB Hardware For V-Hull

marko500
12-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Over the summer my son picked up a 21" long H2O UFO V-hull. The boat has a 2" tall transom. Well now he got the urge to start working on it. We are looking for a strut and rudder, trim tabs , turn fins or whatever anyone has. I'd like to stay with 3/16 prop shaft since we have a bunch of props that size to use on it. Let us know what you have and price. I've been looking at the Octura Offset Rudder System and the Solinger Mono System that OSE sells here but thought I'd try the used (cheaper) way first. Thanks for any help you can give him.

johnnyoverkill
12-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Marko,

The UFO is a good running boat on 6 round, or 2s. You will find a better prop selection with an 1/8" stub shaft over 3/16" though. We use Huey .125 to 1/8" step down in ours. No problems at all.

John

johnnyoverkill
12-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Marko,

If you and your son are not going power hungry on the UFO, I have a brand new Octura OC4STR-CDA hardware set still in the bag. It has only the .098" cable, & 1/8" stub though. Not 3/16". This set is good for a mild brushless on 6-7 round, or 2s, without trouble.

Let me know if you are interested.

John

marko500
12-28-2009, 05:44 PM
John, thanks for the offer but I can see him pushing the power up on this one in the future. He wants to run against our SV27. Mark

johnnyoverkill
12-28-2009, 05:48 PM
John, thanks for the offer but I can see him pushing the power up on this one in the future. He wants to run against our SV27. Mark

LOL! No problem. My boys did the same thing, hence the new in bag hardware! Just so you know, the plastic will crack or tear if you aren't careful. I opened up one of their hulls, and reinforced it with fiberglass cloth and CA. Strong and lightweight. I like CF, but it's worth more than the plastic hull!

Good luck to you both!

John

bustitup
12-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Over the summer my son picked up a 21" long H2O UFO V-hull. The boat has a 2" tall transom. Well now he got the urge to start working on it. We are looking for a strut and rudder, trim tabs , turn fins or whatever anyone has. I'd like to stay with 3/16 prop shaft since we have a bunch of props that size to use on it. Let us know what you have and price. I've been looking at the Octura Offset Rudder System and the Solinger Mono System that OSE sells here but thought I'd try the used (cheaper) way first. Thanks for any help you can give him.

dont know if you need a flex shaft but i have a few .125 flex with 3/16th prop shaft with pinned drive dog included and also comes with a 5mm coupler

$15 for the setup shipped usa

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=11875