PDA

View Full Version : Eagle tree V3 70 volt 150 amps

vvviivvv
12-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi, i want to know what happens if you go over the 150 amps these are rated at, i mainly wanted this for temps and the Gps capabilities... i dont know if my set up would run over 150 amps tho. The hull is fully carbon fiber (Gps might(?) not work)and ill be running 2x Neu 1521 1Y inside on 6s I don't want to have to fork out the $130 for the 300 amp expander, or if i wanted to record both motors $360

if the V3 is no good ill get a garmin gps forerunner (201) which i hope will work inside the carbon fiber hull ill just have to get creative with the temp sensor and guess the rpm

also how does the Gps work? does it just logg the speed you where going at a given time and plot it on the graph?

Hyperion g3's too.

questtek
12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi, i want to know what happens if you go over the 150 amps these are rated at, i mainly wanted this for temps and the Gps capabilities... i dont know if my set up would run over 150 amps tho. The hull is fully carbon fiber (Gps might(?) not work)and ill be running 2x Neu 1521 1Y inside on 6s I don't want to have to fork out the $130 for the 300 amp expander, or if i wanted to record both motors $360

if the V3 is no good ill get a garmin gps forerunner (201) which i hope will work inside the carbon fiber hull ill just have to get creative with the temp sensor and guess the rpm

also how does the Gps work? does it just logg the speed you where going at a given time and plot it on the graph?

Hyperion g3's too.

I am running the Eagle Tree V3 units in all my boats. However, in my carbon fiber Starships I have a hatch that is fiberglass for the GPS to work. You may have difficulty trying to receive the GPS thru a carbon fiber hatch....it tends to block or at least heavily attenuate the signal.

On the Eagle Tree software you select the fact that the GPS unit will provide speed, (rather than pitot tube, etc). It will provide boat speed at the same interval you select for the other parameters (ie voltage, current watts, RPM, temp, etc). I record about 2 to 3 times per second which seems to work out OK for me.

I am not sure if the New will pull more than 150 amps. Someone else needs to advise you here. I have pulled 140 amps using an Eagle Tree V3 with a 6000 watt brushless running at 50 volts and it recorded perfectly.

vvviivvv
12-26-2009, 09:04 PM
The neu's surge watts are around 3500 although it is only going to be ran on 6s There is that gps additional antenna I could try to jam the cable between the hull and hatch then tape that antenna to the top of the boat... I'll go to the modelshop on Monday see what my options are.

ozzie-crawl
12-26-2009, 09:26 PM
im not sure what amperage they will take,but i think the 150 amp rating is what it will record accuratly up to not a limit like a esc as such.

toysRme
12-26-2009, 10:49 PM
I regularly pull 180+ amps on my Eagle tree logger, But it does gett hot sometimes.
I melted the negative leads off the circuit board last time out with the Mean Machine/Neu1518
The logger kept working flawlessly. Also got wet once,quick spray with a dewatering fluid and still working fine.