PDA

View Full Version : Fastech mod with no money needed

Justiniousrowe
12-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey proboaters.
I have a couple of tips and tricks to improve the handling and speed for this boat with no money required.
One of the first things I did was bending the Trim tabs upwards a little. This forces the nose of the boat out of the water and increases top speed. don't bend the tabs too far upwards, ovthersise the nose of the boat would tend to jump a lot in higher speeds. Only do this when the water is reasonably calm or the boat could go into an over-turn.

Another thing you might have noticed, is that the boat doesn't seem to turn tight enough. You can fix this by moving the pin that is attached to the pushrod, another hole outwards from the servo arm. This increases the movement of the rudder.
You may also want to try taking the turn fins off once you've familarized yourself to the boat.This increases the boats top speed and makes the boat turn quicker. The downside of this is that you gotta be careful turnig at high speeds.

The last mod which is worth making are in the turn fins. To improve the boats handlng at higher speeds, bend the turn fins outwards a bit carefully. This will keep the boat a bit more stable at high speeds. Also bending the turn fin inwards so the fin is perpendicular to the hull of the boat makes a big difference.

Well I hope these modifications either solve problems or generally improve the boat.
Happy boating!

BHChieftain
12-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the tips!
-Chief

Justiniousrowe
12-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I made a mistake in m last post.
About the the turn fins, I was meant to write " bend them outwads so it's perpendicular to the hull."
sorry if it caused any inconvienience

LiPo Power
12-29-2009, 01:55 PM
:olleyes:Pictures???

Justiniousrowe
12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm posting a vid on YouTube soon. I'll give you the link when it's done.
If you want pics of the fin tweaking, Darin has good photos.