View Full Version : Good by Jim's

andym
12-17-2009, 03:17 AM
http://www.jrcbd.com/index.php
What a shame, I hardly ever posted but read most post's. What a SHAME

Gerwin Brommer
12-17-2009, 03:50 AM
IMPBA & NAMBA.

Why don't they have their own boards to argue ????
I always wonder why people BATTLE about HOBBY-rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you wanna fight, JOIN THE ARMY !!!!!!!!!
Leave the hobby a hobby !!!!!

Same thing about discussions about "which system is the best"
Different people different tastes.
Different prioritys, and not everybody has deep pockets.

It's a HOBBY

andym
12-17-2009, 04:11 AM
Amen Gerwin, could not have said it better myself. Same goes for politics get on a political board ..

Xcesive8
12-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Yeah this sux! Im on there as soon as im off this forum, just having a browe's as i have quite a few gas boats.

Shame like he said, theres plenty of good people on there.
Like most things in life its the minority that spoil it for the majority!

They all need to give each other a :hug1:

Doby
12-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Some people need to get laid more often.........

I joined there 3 days ago to read the thread that caused the shutdown......some MAJOR idiots over there.

SJFE
12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Didn't see this one in FE Q&A before I posted in off topic... I agree its BS.

Doug Smock
12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
It is a shame!!!!!!
It's allways the same handfull of gasholes that start the trouble over there.:cursing::tape:
Tom, check this site out. http://www.modelgasboats.com/

Doug

SJFE
12-17-2009, 12:18 PM
gasholes

HAHAHAHA :rofl:Classic Doug & Thank you Sir

Fluid
12-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I posted the following on SJFE's other thread. The problem at Jim's was the direct result of long-term inadequate moderation. JRCBD's owner bowed out months ago from day-top-day moderation, and his moderator staff failed to fill the gap by shutting down the a$$es before some threads got out of hand. Moderators really should have to go to a school to learn the craft - most don't want to offend anyone, and the result can be what happened at Jim's.

Don't be so smug FEers, we saw the same kind of thing happen on the red board a few years ago. It is not the fault of the posters, it is the fault of the moderators. Better to be tough and pi$$ off a few than to ruin the board for everyone. Moderators take heed, it's a private board and you're in charge.

Jesse J
12-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah this sux! Im on there as soon as im off this forum, just having a browe's as i have quite a few gas boats.

Shame like he said, theres plenty of good people on there.
Like most things in life its the minority that spoil it for the majority!

They all need to give each other a :hug1:

That has to be the best animated gif yet!!! Poor Jim, we should have given him the gif as well... sounds like their board could have used it!

I think taking a break is the best thing he could have done - sucks to the rest, but maybe the jerks will either leave or chill their bill.

Just emphasizes what a great thing we got here!!!

:hug1: to all!

Steven Vaccaro
12-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I like what he did. Basically he "took his toy and left". We always hear the saying that people don't know what they have until its lost. Its very true.

Flying Scotsman
12-17-2009, 12:28 PM
That is a shame, that is why this site has members who respect each other and do not flame other members, humour is another matter!!! ....good job Steve, Danny and Tom. Fluid, on the button as usual

Douggie

Doug Smock
12-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I posted the following on SJFE's other thread. The problem at Jim's was the direct result of long-term inadequate moderation. JRCBD's owner bowed out months ago from day-top-day moderation, and his moderator staff failed to fill the gap by shutting down the a$$es before some threads got out of hand. Moderators really should have to go to a school to learn the craft - most don't want to offend anyone, and the result can be what happened at Jim's.

Don't be so smug FEers, we saw the same kind of thing happen on the red board a few years ago. It is not the fault of the posters, it is the fault of the moderators. Better to be tough and pi$$ off a few than to ruin the board for everyone. Moderators take heed, it's a private board and you're in charge.

Jay you are spot on.

99.9% of the people that I have met, gas ,nitro,and FE are GREAT people and would do just about anything for you if you needed something.
It's the .1% that have lost sight of what is important here. PEOPLE!!!, and this fantastic hobby that we all have in common!!!

I think most of the FE community learned a valuable lesson when our rules had to be rehashed because of the new technology. At the end of the day these are toy boats and are simply not worth the hard feelings and loss of friendhips.:sad:
I've been guilty of it myself, it's easy to get sucked in when you are as passionate about something as we are.

I love you guys!!!! :crying::crying::hug1:

Doug :beerchug:

SJFE
12-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Moderators take heed, it's a private board and you're in charge.

So very true sir. I've been active for a week now and have done business already. IMHO it's more about being fair than offending folk. I agree 100% when threads turn inaction does become the problem. We may not be the best here but between the 3 of us I believe the right thing gets done when needed. This is why OSE will never have that happen.

Doug Smock
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
HAHAHAHA :rofl:Classic Doug & Thank you Sir

I can say that Tom cause I are one.:roflol::roflol:

They call me a FEing Gashole. LOL
It's all good!!!!!!!!

Steven Vaccaro
12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
99.9% of the people that I have met, gas ,nitro,and FE are GREAT people and would do just about anything for you if you needed something.
It's the .1% that have lost sight of what is important here. PEOPLE!!!, and this fantastic hobby that we all have in common!!!

Doug :beerchug:

I think this holds true with the world as a whole. Watch the nightly news and you want to jump out the window thinking the sky is falling and everyone in the world is a murder or thief.

Steven Vaccaro
12-17-2009, 12:50 PM
So very true sir. I've been active for a week now and have done business already. IMHO it's more about being fair than offending folk. I agree 100% when threads turn inaction does become the problem. We may not be the best here but between the 3 of us I believe the right thing gets done when needed. This is why OSE will never have that happen.

Danny did a dam good job, but has been up to his ears in pms.
Good to have you back!! :thumbup1:

Flying Scotsman
12-17-2009, 12:52 PM
As an aside, Andy your new avitar is FANTISTIC. Do you have her phone number :tongue_smilie:

Douggie

SJFE
12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I am glad to be back Sir. I am so far behind on the tech end it will be weeks before I can constructively comment on build and tech posts... As if I ever could:bounce:.

Steven Vaccaro
12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
As an aside, Andy your new avitar is FANTISTIC. Do you have her phone number :tongue_smilie:

Douggie

Don't get to used to it :biggrin:

FE Wannabe
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Tom,

It is definitely good to see you back on here.
I hope all is well with you and yours.

Brad

Eodman
12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Tom - its great to have you back in the fold again! My Jolly is running fine! What's you building????

And now with Tom back .... Ah Steven could you beat the bejesus out of Graupner and get my 2 Brushless outboards please!!!!!

I'll be your best freind honest I will!!!!!

Steven Vaccaro
12-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Tom - its great to have you back in the fold again! My Jolly is running fine! What's you building????

And now with Tom back .... Ah Steven could you beat the bejesus out of Graupner and get my 2 Brushless outboards please!!!!!

I'll be your best freind honest I will!!!!!

I look all the time to see if they are instock. And they never are. If you notice them instock, email me asap and I will get the order in.

crabstick
12-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Jims is back guys!! :rockon2: