PDA

View Full Version : Mean Machine

lectriglide
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I've been looking at the Mean Machine w/hardware on the Aeromarine site. Looks to be a hull, strut, and rudder, but not sure. I emailed them last week to see what additional hardware is needed to complete it, but have not received an answer. I'd like to get eveything in one order. I plan on running 4s or 6s, 8xl or Medusa 36-60 / 70-2000, 90 and 120a esc, and props. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Jeff Wohlt
12-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I thought he listed it on the site as $90 for hull and hardware. $60 hull only.

greenblast
12-16-2009, 08:27 PM
buy it! call steve @ ose get a esc and cooling jacket.and also any info you can get. then run the sh --t out of that hull! it is a monster. but a hydro on glass is awesome! i cant wait to finish my rigger lol! im sick!! please help me!!! my mean machine is always good to go! good luck with you decision.

obrien
12-16-2009, 10:15 PM
I recently installed a UL-1 in my mean machine to run LSO. So far in race trim the boat runs in the 42-44 mph range. I put a bigger prop on for grins and it hit 48. Just a thought. I ran my MM with a 7xl originally, and it only ran about 52 mph.

sailr
12-16-2009, 10:58 PM
They told me $100 with hardware when I called them. They won't know anything about electric setup. They only do nitro and gas at the moment.

lectriglide
12-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Sorry for not making myself clear (newb to boats). Just exactly what is the definition of the "hardware" included? What I'm trying to get is a parts list to finish. ie Motor mount, flex shaft, servo tray, etc

sailr
12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Rudder and Strut I believe. No motor mount. You will need to remove the nitro mount that's in it. Not sure about servo tray, radio box, etc. Call them!

Eodman
12-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Go for it !!!!! The MM is a great hull ... some say a little dated in looks but it flat out handles!

Great boat to learn on and is very forgiving! Put a long rudder on it and its hard to roll.

If you look thru the build threads on here there are quite a few and quite a variety!

Two guys that have alot of expreince with this build are Reddy watts & a gentleman that goes by the handle of Fluid!

Lastly After you get the hull - list out what it came with under a seperate build thread & we will all chime in on how to proceed! We love to spend other peoples money!!!!:rofl:

Oh yeah how fast you looking to go ... and Steven will be stocking an updated cowl for this boat that looks awesome!

SJFE
12-17-2009, 11:35 AM
:iagree: Plenty of build threads, test and setup data avalable for this hull. If that new hatch cover is still available it's a front runner for the hull I reenter the hobby with.

bustitup
12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I've been looking at the Mean Machine w/hardware on the Aeromarine site. Looks to be a hull, strut, and rudder, but not sure. I emailed them last week to see what additional hardware is needed to complete it, but have not received an answer. I'd like to get eveything in one order. I plan on running 4s or 6s, 8xl or Medusa 36-60 / 70-2000, 90 and 120a esc, and props. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

sent you a pm about one i have for sale rtr with all carbon fiber floor and transum

lectriglide
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah how fast you looking to go ... and Steven will be stocking an updated cowl for this boat that looks awesome!

Looking for high 30's to low 40's to start. I'm sure I'll want more when I get used to it.

I've been reading all the threads I can find for the last week or so and have bookmarked the ReddyWatts and Fluid thread. Lots of great info. Saw the new cowl too, looks real good.

I'm only about an hour from Katy, Tx where the HOTMBC guys meet. I may just get in touch with them and ask if I can come to one of their monthly get-togethers.
Looks like tons of knowledge in that group.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

obrien
12-17-2009, 11:05 PM
I have the new hatch already on my boat. The yellow doesn't match perfectly but it is close enough for me.

Eodman
12-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Well you lucky bast@*d, thats the club Fluid belongs to! He has a lot of experience with the MM ... even wrote some articles in RCBM awhile back!

sailr
12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow! Looks great Jeff! Bring it on Sunday! Sure turns an ugly boat into a killer! Makes me want a MM now. Haha.

I have the new hatch already on my boat. The yellow doesn't match perfectly but it is close enough for me.

SJFE
12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
AMAZING how that hatch dresses up that hull!!!! Now a couple of scoops and it will be perfect:rockon2:.

obrien
12-18-2009, 11:02 AM
I will have it there on sunday Jim

ls1fst98
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM

where can yo get this hull and hardware for 90? or hull only for 60? id love a mean machine as well.

lectriglide
12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
where can yo get this hull and hardware for 90? or hull only for 60? id love a mean machine as well.

Here:
http://www.aeromarinerc.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=134&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53