PDA

View Full Version : Found new website to find items

boater76
12-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I found a website where you can find suppliers of many items including r/c stuff. It is called ALIBABA.COM there is alot of chinese company on there. I found many with motors and esc etc.

NitroVal
12-15-2009, 02:02 PM
D'oh.... Venom KOS manufacturer...
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/264583454/RC_Model_Toys_Boat_High_Speed.html

CornelP
12-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Alibaba has been around for 10 odd years, it was a directory for outsourcing initially, with search engine for almost all the asian region. Recently they opened a sort of ebay, with their own sort of paypal. I found quite a number of suppliers for my office, quite good...
This is my favourite:
http://wholesale.alibaba.com/product-gs/253516640-Mystery-40A-SBEC-Brushless-Motor-ESC-Blue--wholesalers.html

Brushless55
12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I found a website where you can find suppliers of many items including r/c stuff. It is called ALIBABA.COM there is alot of chinese company on there. I found many with motors and esc etc.

beware of the scammers on that site... :ohmy:

CornelP
12-16-2009, 02:13 AM
The Gold members are trusted. I work with a couple and they are ok.

sailr
12-16-2009, 11:12 PM
NEVER, I mean NEVER buy anything from Indonesia. They take your money and never ship. Nothing you can do. I was scammed out of $1800 by them. They advertise Horizon and Aquacraft boats for dirt cheap prices. Guess that should tell you something, eh?

HOTWATER
12-16-2009, 11:18 PM
NEVER, I mean NEVER buy anything from Indonesia. They take your money and never ship. Nothing you can do. I was scammed out of $1800 by them. They advertise Horizon and Aquacraft boats for dirt cheap prices. Guess that should tell you something, eh?

I had a feeling you would be chiming in on this one...I hear ya man!

Brushless55
12-16-2009, 11:28 PM

Oh man, I was laid off at the start of this year and thought I would buy and sell rc through my ebay... well I placed an order for 9 Traxxas trucks and 1 HPI threw that site and never heard from the company after I sent the money! :doh:

sailr
12-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Haha. I've tried 'em all. Been to China, been to the plants. I know which ones to steer clear of, believe me!
I had a feeling you would be chiming in on this one...I hear ya man!

Brushless55
12-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Haha. I've tried 'em all. Been to China, been to the plants. I know which ones to steer clear of, believe me!

Do you know where to buy Traxxas and HPI trucks from?

sailr
12-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Everything made in China that is sold in the USA is private labeled...such as Traxxas and HPI. Probably other brands that are identical. Very hard to tell who the manufacturer is. Some items are exclusive OEM products sold ONLY to Traxxas, for example.

It's little wonder you never got your items. If there is a BRAND name on something, it is usually a scam.

Do you know where to buy Traxxas and HPI trucks from?

Brushless55
12-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Everything made in China that is sold in the USA is private labeled...such as Traxxas and HPI. Probably other brands that are identical. Very hard to tell who the manufacturer is. Some items are exclusive OEM products sold ONLY to Traxxas, for example.

It's little wonder you never got your items. If there is a BRAND name on something, it is usually a scam.

Bro!
where you back in Jan. I lost alot of money... :crying:

sailr
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Sorry about your loss. I learned the hard way that you need to go to China, visit the factory, become friends with the owners. The Relationship is as important to the Chinese as the business! Without that, you stand to get ripped off.:ohmy:

I can deal now with companies in China without a visit because I have a reputation among the Chinese companies as a good guy. It is extremely difficult to achieve that without going to China. I missed last year due to a back problem and my 'clout' is already slipping! :eek:

Buy your stuff here whenever possible. Support the the US hobby business. That's the safest bet. Trying to go around the US importer/distributor will eventually bite you in the rear as you found out. Again, sorry it happened to you. I'm sure your intentions were honorable.:rockon2:

Brushless55
12-17-2009, 12:32 PM
oh man, I was going to pass the savings along to other buyers and my friends to get them into the hobby..

sailr
12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Just remember, there is no free lunch. What if one of your friends needed product support or service or parts? Gotta watch out what ya wish for.

Brushless55
12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Just remember, there is no free lunch. What if one of your friends needed product support or service or parts? Gotta watch out what ya wish for.

wish, not following ??????
all fixing is done by me, and my friends who have rc, look me up when they need help

sailr
12-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Never mind.