PDA

View Full Version : UL-1 Arrived today!

racer66
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok, my UL-1 arrived today. Everything looks good. I only have a few questions, maybe you can answer them for me.

1. If I turn the hull upside down and look where the upper and lower hull joins, along the sides, there are cracks where the two seems meet. Seems like the factory used some sorta caucking or epoxy to make the seems blend. Looks like the caulking or epoxy shrunk, there are little cracks up and down this seam? It is only along the left and right sides twards the rear, just before it goes the front sponsons.

Any idea if this is normal, or a defect?

2. I tried wiggeling the turn fin on the sponson, I'm giving it a good toug and the turn fin seems pretty solid. Would you suspect this is an updated hull?

3. On the motor cooling jacket fittings, there are red washers. Is this new?

Thanks

egneg
12-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok, my UL-1 arrived today. Everything looks good. I only have a few questions, maybe you can answer them for me.

1. If I turn the hull upside down and look where the upper and lower hull joins, along the sides, there are cracks where the two seems meet. Seems like the factory used some sorta caucking or epoxy to make the seems blend. Looks like the caulking or epoxy shrunk, there are little cracks up and down this seam? It is only along the left and right sides twards the rear, just before it goes the front sponsons.

Any idea if this is normal, or a defect?

2. I tried wiggeling the turn fin on the sponson, I'm giving it a good toug and the turn fin seems pretty solid. Would you suspect this is an updated hull?

3. On the motor cooling jacket fittings, there are red washers. Is this new?

Thanks

1. I don't think it's normal as the one I have doesn't have any cracks in this area.

2. I couldn't tell you yes or no as mine was tight at first then I started to get cracks around it so strengthened the area before it got worse.

3. I had the red washers on mine as well before I replaced it with one from OSE.

I have one of the first ones as I ordered it before it came out and waited a couple of months for it to be in stock.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

racer66
12-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks, it does answer my questions. I guess I have an older one, first production? I just gave the turn fin another wiggle, I can feel it now, tiny loose. I think it would crack with time.

JimClark
12-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Where and when did you buy it?

racer66
12-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Bught at last week at Grave's R/C in FL. Has a 2008 NAMBA application along withthe maual.

JimClark
12-12-2009, 10:19 PM
you ought to ask when he got in in stock

bigwaveohs
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Perhaps the 2008 NAMBA Application form is a clue as to vintage?

racer66
12-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Yep, thats what i'm thiken:iagree: