PDA

View Full Version : New IMPBA Web site up

Chilli
12-11-2009, 07:30 AM
http://www.impba.net/

New (Dec '09) Roostertail newsletter also on the new site. Nice little article on FE's starting on page 57.

egneg
12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for posting the new site Mike. Now I can join online - much simpler. I noticed in the new Roostertails that the test has been removed. :thumbup1:

Efis
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Looks much better than the old website.

Blake

Diegoboy
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I signed up!
finally

Danny Schumbrecht III,

We have received your membership application and will be processing it shortly.
Thank you for being a member of the IMPBA!
Should you require additional information, please feel free to contact us.

IMPBA
P.O. Box 1951
Huntsville,Alabama
35807-0951
USA
Telephone:256-684-2986

The devil must be wearing his snow boots today!

Chilli
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Once you stray to the Dark Side: Forever will it dominate your destiny....

Way to go Danny!!!!!!:thumbup:

Doug Smock
12-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diegoboy
12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a much nicer site than before!

Diegoboy
12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't even have a member number yet and already I'd like to see something on the new site changed. :popcorn2:

On the "getting started" menu bar, the page reads...

Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. These boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. Although typically noted as being much slower than the nitro and gasoline boats, this sector of the hobby continues to gain speed and enthusiastic support from hobbyists.

Doug Smock
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't even have a member number yet and already I'd like to see something on the new site changed. :popcorn2:

On the "getting started" menu bar, the page reads...

I wonder how old that is???

Somebody should write something up to replace that and submit it to John Equi.

I'm pretty busy with IMPBA stuff, any takers???

Doug :beerchug:

egneg
12-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I signed up!
finally

Me too! :banana:

sailr
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Here ya go Doug:

As it reads now:

Originally Posted by IMBBA website
Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. These boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. Although typically noted as being much slower than the nitro and gasoline boats, this sector of the hobby continues to gain speed and enthusiastic support from hobbyists.

Change to Read:

Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. Some boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs while Fast Electric boats use high powered lithium polymer batteries. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. With the advent of brushless motors and Lithium Polymer batteries, the boats are competitive in speed with nitro and gas powered boats. This sector of the hobby is growing rapidly. The current world record of 148mph+ is held by an electric powered outrigger. Fast Electric enjoys enthusiastic support from its proponents and should be considered a good addition to club races.

You can be the hero and send it to John.

I wonder how old that is???

Somebody should write something up to replace that and submit it to John Equi.

I'm pretty busy with IMPBA stuff, any takers???

Diegoboy
12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Here ya go Doug:

As it reads now:

Originally Posted by IMBBA website

Change to Read:

Electric boats come in a wide variety of types, including submarines, tugboats, boats for show, and boats for racing. Some boats are powered the same as the more well known RC cars, by 6 to 12 cell nicad battery packs while Fast Electric boats use high powered lithium polymer batteries. Electric boats are quieter and cleaner than the nitro and gasoline types, and therefore more easily accepted on small, urban, running sites. With the advent of brushless motors and Lithium Polymer batteries, the boats are competitive in speed with nitro and gas powered boats. This sector of the hobby is growing rapidly. The current world record of 148mph+ is held by an electric powered outrigger. Fast Electric enjoys enthusiastic support from its proponents and should be considered a good addition to club races.

You can be the hero and send it to John.

Much better, I like that.
but, the Nitro tag needs to be edited too...

Nitro - So named for the fuel they burn, nitro boats use nitro-methane as their power source. These boats tend to have more speed than electric boats, and generally get more run time. Whereas batteries for an electric boat must be recharged after one run, a nitro boat can simply be refilled with fuel and sent out for another run. Each run typically lasts 5-10 minutes. Expect to pay more, initially, to run a nitro boat than electric, and pay at least $15 per gallon of fuel. The cost increases if you like the higher nitro (50% and up) for your boats.

Chilli
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Email sent to John with Jim's suggested write up.

Danny, you've been an IMPBA member for only a few hours and you're already making changes for the better. These people are mostly good folks. They just need to be edjumacated.:doh: We'll work on the nitro version next. $15 a gallon for fuel....:rofl:

Nice writeup Jim. We'll see if they edit it the part about the speed record.....:olleyes:

sailr
12-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Haha. Yeah, I figured they'd get their panties in a bunch about the speed record!

Email sent to John with Jim's suggested write up.

Danny, you've been an IMPBA member for only a few hours and you're already making changes for the better. These people are mostly good folks. They just need to be edjumacated.:doh: We'll work on the nitro version next. $15 a gallon for fuel....:rofl:

Nice writeup Jim. We'll see if they edit it the part about the speed record.....:olleyes:

sailr
12-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Here's a shot at it. The nitro boys are really not gonna want to hear this!

Originally Posted by IMPBA website
Nitro - So named for the fuel they burn, nitro boats use nitro-methane as their power source. These boats tend to have more speed than electric boats, and generally get more run time. Whereas batteries for an electric boat must be recharged after one run, a nitro boat can simply be refilled with fuel and sent out for another run. Each run typically lasts 5-10 minutes. Expect to pay more, initially, to run a nitro boat than electric, and pay at least $15 per gallon of fuel. The cost increases if you like the higher nitro (50% and up) for your boats.

Revised:
Nitro - So named for the fuel they burn, nitro boats use methanol with nitro-methane as their power source. These boats typically run 5-10 minutes on a tank of fuel. Electric boats have similar run times and most racers have more than one battery pack, allowing immediate turnaround for another run. The newer technology batteries can typically be charged in 30 minutes to 1 hour. More than enough time between heats. Lithium Polymer batteries have an expensive initial cost but will generally be less expensive over the course of a season as nitro fuel is at least $15 per gallon. The cost increases if you like the higher nitro (30% and up) for your boats.

Much better, I like that.
but, the Nitro tag needs to be edited too...

Doug Smock
12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Haha. Yeah, I figured they'd get their panties in a bunch about the speed record!

LOL Thanks Jim!

Diegoboy
12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Good catch Danny! Do you want to edit it or should I have a shot at it?

You are on a roll Jim, Don't let me stop you! :buttrock:

Maybe you could mention that nitro boats tend to burn glow plugs and are lucky to finish a race. :lol:

sailr
12-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Done. See a couple of posts above your. I revised my post.

You are on a roll Jim, Don't let me stop you! :buttrock:

Chilli
12-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Here you go guys. All it took was a little team work. Nice job!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hi Mike,
A very well written and appreciated suggestion, I thank you!
I am forwarding this to our FE Director for review and hopefully
directed onto the website.

Excellent wording,
John Equi

I also told him the nitro section needed to be tweaked also. $15 a gallon nitro needs to be changed to $15 a quart. LOL

Doug Smock
12-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Here you go guys. All it took was a little team work. Nice job!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hi Mike,
A very well written and appreciated suggestion, I thank you!
I am forwarding this to our FE Director for review and hopefully
directed onto the website.

Excellent wording,
John Equi

I also told him the nitro section needed to be tweaked also. $15 a gallon nitro needs to be changed to $15 a quart. LOL

Nice work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sailr
12-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Most welcome. I used to be a writer. Any time.

Diegoboy
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Egneg,
Has the IMPBA replied to your application yet, aside from the initial acknowledgment?
I have heard nothing so far.
:confused1:

egneg
12-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Egneg,
Has the IMPBA replied to your application yet, aside from the initial acknowledgment?

Not yet ... maybe I shouldn't have checked the FE box. :ohmy:

egneg
12-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Egneg,

Danny I have yet to hear back from them. Have you heard anything?

Edit: They have had 40 online aps as of today.

Chilli
12-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Chuck, It usually takes a month or so to get your card. I mailed in my application and a check a few weeks before the new web site came up and still havent gotten my new membership card.

egneg
12-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Chuck, It usually takes a month or so to get your card. I mailed in my application and a check a few weeks before the new web site came up and still havent gotten my new membership card.

Mike I haven't been asked for payment yet - I figured they would at least do that by now.

Chilli
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Okay Chuck, I wasnt sure how the sign up went since I did it via snail mail. I did just try a fake sign up on the web site. Did it direct you to paypal to pay when you signed up? Because thats what it does now.

Diegoboy
12-21-2009, 07:34 PM
It didn't for me... I still have nothing as yet. I was register #5 Chuck was #6 Now there's a lot more

Doug Smock
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Fellas,
Give John Equi a call 1-256-684-2986, or shoot him a email jondne@knology.net
He will be able to take care of this for you.

Doug:tiphat:

egneg
12-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Mike PayPal was not an option at that time nor was using a charge card. The only option was to mail in a check and I assumed I would receive an email with further instructions.

Doug thanks for the info I will send an email to see if I can go back and use PayPal.

HOTWATER
12-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Just like Mike, I printed out and filled out the membership form and sent it in the mail along with a check a few weeks before the new site was running. I got my membership card about a week and a half ago. The rule book was not sent with it, but just got that last week.:thumbup1:

-Kent

Chilli
12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I wondering if maybe the IMPBA got the online sign up running a little too early the first few days and before it was ready? Nonetheless, when I emailed John, he answered right away and seems to be very nice. Let us know what you guys find out.

longballlumber
12-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Please remember guys, this is all new to John and the rest of the IMPBA board. John is a GREAT individual and I am 100% confident everything will work out fine. Go easy on him, he has done ALOT for the IMPBA over the last few years!!!!!

This reminds me, I need to get my 2010 paper work in too!!!!

Later
Mike

egneg
12-24-2009, 10:45 AM
That is why I was going to wait until after the holidays before making contact with questions.

Doug Smock
12-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Please remember guys, this is all new to John and the rest of the IMPBA board. John is a GREAT individual and I am 100% confident everything will work out fine. Go easy on him, he has done ALOT for the IMPBA over the last few years!!!!!

Later
Mike

:iagree:
John works his tail off for the IMPBA!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Diegoboy
01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I spoke to John Equi on the phone today. I think I'm all set now. :thumbup1:
He even provided me my member number too. :w00t:

Chilli
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Excellant. Now I can teach you the secret hand shake.:thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0g27yEu-AU

I just emailed my FE proposal to all the District club officers.

Diegoboy
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
:eek: woah
That's not what I signed up for Mike! :laugh:

HOTWATER
01-07-2010, 09:22 PM
:eek: woah
That's not what I signed up for Mike! :laugh:

:eek:........:rofl:

Doug Smock
01-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah the cartwheel thing was over the top ehh??:eek:

Chilli
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
You should see the NAMBA hand shake.... :rofl:

Doug Smock
01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
You should see the NAMBA hand shake.... :rofl:

I have heard some call it the "North American Man Boy Association".:doh:

:just-kidding:Just kidding fellas:laugh::just-kidding:

Doug :tiphat:

egneg
01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
It has been a month now and I still haven't received any notification. I will send John an email and see if I can re-apply online and use PayPal this time.