PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who makes this?

bustitup
12-09-2009, 11:57 AM
or where they are sold?
http://www.rgcbuilders.net/drag.jpg

longballlumber
12-09-2009, 12:04 PM
It was sold by MRP, but they have been long discontinued... It was called "Outrages" if I remember correctly.

Later,
Mike

Gerwin Brommer
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Outrageous.

Google, maybe you'll find one on Ebay ?

bustitup
12-09-2009, 12:07 PM
you guys know the dimentions?

BILL OXIDEAN
12-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Ok, I absolutely can't live without one of these.
I NEED one not want NEED..

NitroVal
12-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Dont know much about it, other than that is one killer boat stand it comes with... :lol:

Gerwin Brommer
12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
27,5 inches long............

Doby
12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Get back on the meds ....fast, I saw what you are doing on RCU.

bustitup
12-09-2009, 12:42 PM
LOl at Doby...I just bought it

yes its 27" x 9 1/2"...its a bad little sucker for sure

bustitup
12-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Dont know much about it, other than that is one killer boat stand it comes with... :lol:

lol...yes custom ingraving

bustitup
12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Ok, I absolutely can't live without one of these.
I NEED one not want NEED..

it does look just like your avitar but with a wing and zoomie exaust

HOTWATER
12-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Man!...that would be a great ski boat...

lomdel
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Looks like a great start for a jet-boat project...

bustitup
12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Can you lay cf and epoxy on an abs floor?
Will epoxy resin melt it

befu
12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Nope, epoxy will not harm the ABS. The S in ABS is styrene I believe, one of the ingrediants in polyester resin, that is why it attacks the plastic. (goin from memory here, so cut me some slack!)

But the epoxy will be good. etch the plastic first so it is roughed up a bit, get a good mechanical bond.

I actually remember when that boat came out. Never was popular. Thier version of a drag boat I think.

Brian

bustitup
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
it has a brushed motor in this one that faces backwards and is all the way to the starboard side and has a gear that turns another gear on the drive shaft...the motor mount has a place so you can run amother motor on the port side off the same drive shaft gear ......should be interesting

Apples1
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Get back on the meds ....fast, I saw what you are doing on RCU.

whats going on here??? maybe the thread should of been "i just brought one of these how awersome is it?" and how do i do this, rather than being sheepish... :bounce:

HOTWATER
12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
it has a brushed motor in this one that faces backwards and is all the way to the starboard side and has a gear that turns another gear on the drive shaft...the motor mount has a place so you can run amother motor on the port side off the same drive shaft gear ......should be interesting

This is the setup I had on my Miss Bud...

bustitup
12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
whats going on here??? maybe the thread should of been "i just brought one of these how awersome is it?" and how do i do this, rather than being sheepish... :bounce:

maybe you should know what your talking about before you accuse someone of sheepishness........

when I started this thread it was right after I found (saw) it on RCU and hadnt bought it yet

after I posted here and got the responc of how they where not available any more .....it was acually bill oxideans post that made me buy it right away

:bounce: :banana: :beerchug: :rockon2:

bustitup
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
This is the setup I had on my Miss Bud...

http://www.rgcbuilders.net/drag4.jpg

http://www.rgcbuilders.net/drag7.jpg

http://www.rgcbuilders.net/drag6.jpg

HOTWATER
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
:hide:

Apples1
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
maybe you should know what your talking about before you accuse someone of sheepishness........

when I started this thread it was right after I found (saw) it on RCU and hadnt bought it yet

after I posted here and got the responc of how they where not available any more .....it was acually bill oxideans post that made me buy it right away

:bounce: :banana: :beerchug: :rockon2:

How am i meant to know anything more than what is posted HERE on this PUBLIC forum.

if there is a "in" joke here keep in the PM's and no -one would be the wiser.

bustitup
12-09-2009, 05:05 PM
:hide:

http://www.rgcbuilders.net/bat.gif

bustitup
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
How am i meant to know anything more than what is posted HERE on this PUBLIC forum.

if there is a "in" joke here keep in the PM's and no -one would be the wiser.

I have no idea what you are talking about......there was no pm's or "in" joke.....just that you accused me of some "sheepish" posting
and that wasnt the case

AndyKunz
12-09-2009, 05:44 PM
This thread is starting to sound like The Red Board.

Congrats on the Outrageous purchase. K boats are a lot of fun, even as models - almost as good as a hydro. I used to have one and wish I had never sold it.

Andy

egneg
12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
This is a picture from when my Kyosho Hurricane was running dual brushed motors. This was a bit of an upgrade from the factory.

HOTWATER
12-09-2009, 10:24 PM
This is a picture from when my Kyosho Hurricane was running dual brushed motors. This was a bit of an upgrade from the factory.

Chuck,
Cool! I did the same thing adding a second motor to my Kyosho Jet Stream 800...much, much faster with two motors...boy, that was quite a while back!

Nick...I think Apples got the wrong idea here...not sure why he jumped in on you here like that.:confused2: ??? No worries!!:laugh:

-Kent

befu
12-09-2009, 10:39 PM
This thread is starting to sound like The Red Board.

Andy

We could make it really interesting.... :popcorn2::popcorn2:

Hmm, I think you need a really fast response or a high resolution 2.4Gh radio for that to be able to control it better. Maybe we can get some input on what the best radio manufacturer would be for it...... :hornets_nest: :cursing:

:sorry: Brian

Cool purchase with it being brand new! Should be interesting with newer technology available.